Post by dbstr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 am

Invoicenumber(s) not correct according to EU law
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7767

But it requires more work and thoughts than the code posted in that thread - and what about credit notes?

Would be better if it could get it's own 'system', and when you complete an order (or however you are creating the invoices), it will show up under "Sales -> Invoices" instead of "Sales -> Orders".

Also, it shouldn't be possible to delete invoices as easy as orders, once they are created.

I already made something for 1.3.2/1.3.4, but I'll have to figure out a way to do it for 1.4.x that takes everything into consideration...... stupid laws ;-)
Last edited by dbstr on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Request Reviews v1.0 released.

Post by ekerazha » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 am

A touch of anti-aliasing would be good

Location - Italy

Post by ekerazha » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 am

Daniel wrote: Invoice Numbers (where is the link to the thread about this?)

Location - Italy

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 am

I don't know the invoice number thing seems like a pretty big thing. You may want to do 1.4.1 as a quick bugfix release and push invoice numbers off till the next feature release.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 am

Daniel wrote:i'm not going to do any major changes that will affect payment or shipping modules.

just small changes.

This is what I'm going to do:

Add a bookmark link at the top of the catalog page.
get UPS working
PDF Invoices
Invoice Numbers (where is the link to the thread about this?)
Ahum :D

Order Edit/Manual Order Entry?
Daniel wrote:ok start donating. I will start this feature tonight.
Read all about it: Here

O0

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 am

that will have to be after the next release.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by muflon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 am

Qphoria wrote: We used to do that. But people like to complain. As much as there are Anti-Microsoft people out there.. there are even anti-google people. People don't want to have to make another account just to post a bug. And honestly, google code's interface leaves much to be desired. its a good system, but looks and feels very unfinished. There's not even simple formatting options for pasting code snippets and its just hell to try to share ideas on a particular bug/issue.

I recommended the forum for bugs back in 0.7.9 because it supported code tags and was in a familiar place. We got 900% improvement on bug feedback when we did that, and found an additional 300+ bugs that people were too bothered to post at google code.

If anything I'd say stop posting bugs at google code and only post them here. Leave google code for hardcore devs that want to upload patches for review.
The big problem is that almost nobody knows about google code Issues list for opencat. On this website isn't link or information what to do with bugs.

Firstly the new section about bugs and issiues should be added to this page. There will be informations about bugs/issues and feature request and link to issues list on google code. And I think that it will be great if all bugs bugs would be disscused in issues list not in forum. Everything would be well arranged

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 am

Daniel wrote:
sunlady wrote:OK, I just re-installed but trying the language german - no way.If a customer click to language german, you get the same error.
my shop is chrashed again at the front:
Error: Could not load language german!
just for clicking the flag german :(
just clear your cookies.

I accidently left the german language set up in the db. It was only for testing multiple languages.
and finally delete the (german) language entries in the database (this saved me and worked immidiately).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 am

Daniel wrote:that will have to be after the next release.
OK, fair enough.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 am

dbstr wrote:Invoicenumber(s) not correct according to EU law

But it requires more work and thoughts than the code posted in that thread - and what about credit notes?

Would be better if it could get it's own 'system', and when you complete an order (or however you are creating the invoices), it will show up under "Sales -> Invoices" instead of "Sales -> Orders".

Also, it shouldn't be possible to delete invoices as easy as orders, once they are created.

I already made something for 1.3.2/1.3.4, but I'll have to figure out a way to do it for 1.4.x that takes everything into consideration...... stupid laws ;-)
You may delete invoices at every time - you will only get in troubles with your government/tax office!
>> Invoices are invoices! They are NOT allowed to delete!

E.g. you can write a credit note - based on this invoice number.
Later on you have to declare (if the tax office is coming to check you and your store) on what the credit note is based.
And depending on your accounting system (and fiscal year) you may have a 'hang over': invoice this year, credit note next year!
Also a case where you CANNOT delete an invoice!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Killerj » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 am

Loved the New Release. Although have not gone through all the changes, But most of them are very good. I Use Opencart for a Small Project of mine. I have not donated yet. But I will do it in a day or two :) Great Work Daniel.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 am

muflon wrote: The big problem is that almost nobody knows about google code Issues list for opencat. On this website isn't link or information what to do with bugs.

Firstly the new section about bugs and issiues should be added to this page. There will be informations about bugs/issues and feature request and link to issues list on google code. And I think that it will be great if all bugs bugs would be disscused in issues list not in forum. Everything would be well arranged
Perhaps a feed of forum topics from specific forums, so that a feed system like feed2js can pull the topics onto a list on the front page

Administrator

Post by sizzlingscience » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 am

imaginetech wrote:Daniel,

It looks like the form validation routine is checking both the English and German fields on the add category page.

At the moment I am completing the category name for english and german to get it to create the category.
Daniel wrote:
sizzlingscience wrote:Hello there,

I've uploaded a new copy of version 1.4.0 and cannot add new categories or products. A error message is flashing up when I click save but the error message doesn't stay on screen long enough to read.

I was getting it to work fine with the previous version, so I'm sure I'm not doing anything differently than before.

Long the new look by the way!

Cheers, Melanie
i've no idea what you are dfoing wrong. others here have managed it fine. i rcomend posting a link to your site in the bugs forum!
Entering a value in the English and German box solved the problem!

Thanks, Melanie.

Post by slickcoder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am

Hi there,

OpenCart v1.4.0 just blows me away!
It's really slick!

I downloaded and successfully installed the software but I'm not sure if I pasted google analytics wrong or there is a bug with the google analytics module.
Here is my site www.2standout.co.nz and at the bottom you can see the script of google analytics as if it was written and not embedded tag.

Thanks in advance.

Still OpenCart rocks

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:39 am

Daniel wrote:I'm not sure about the Australia Post. I did fix it but its hard to test without and Australia Post account.

There is no change log but will try to add oen tonight.

The database has not changed.
Australia Post doesn't require an account for testing, you don't need an account at all.

It is still broken as it was when it was originally merged.

Can you please replace it with the following version, I am getting tired of people emailing/messaging me telling me my code is broken when the change that broke it had nothing to do with me:
http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... n.2.tar.gz

I am still yet to try the above version with 1.4.0, but it will be a big step up from what is currently included.

Look forward to the changelog, cheers.

Problem appears to be how the function is called:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for ModelShippingAuspost::getQuote(), called in /var/www/opencart/catalog/controller/checkout/guest_step_2.php on line 42

Will have to take a look.. seems strange t be broken if nothing has changed. Also having problems using a registered user for checkout too.

-edit 2-

Well it seems the quoting code has changed and is passing the entire shipping_address array rather then a few of the values. Are other people having problems with this?

This is in catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php (around line 53-54)

Here is the call to getQuote on 1.3.4 (fresh install)

Code: Select all

$quote = $this->{'model_shipping_' . $result['key']}->getQuote($shipping_address['country_id'], $shipping_address['zone_id'], $shipping_address['postcode']);
Here is the same call to getQuote in 1.4.0 (fresh install)

Code: Select all

$quote = $this->{'model_shipping_' . $result['key']}->getQuote($shipping_address);

Post by imaginetech » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 am

slickcoder wrote:Hi there,

OpenCart v1.4.0 just blows me away!
It's really slick!

I downloaded and successfully installed the software but I'm not sure if I pasted google analytics wrong or there is a bug with the google analytics module.
Here is my site www.2standout.co.nz and at the bottom you can see the script of google analytics as if it was written and not embedded tag.

Thanks in advance.

Still OpenCart rocks
This will fix it:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9376

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by ctsalmah » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Need help on this, i have this...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myshoppi/public_html/shop/catalog/language/malay/payment/bank_transfer.php:6) in /home/myshoppi/public_html/shop/system/engine/controller.php on line 22

...everytime i checkout/payment in malay language.

Thanks in advance.

Post by madimar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Daniel!
my compliments for great new look of front office and administration. Apart the new look, I'm wondering if in the new releases will be present also some additional new features (I think not really difficult):

1) To have full customers information in administration (as in previous OC versions, customer address and all other info are missing in admin and it is impossible to check them for the admin).
2) Possibility to have a grid or list view to browse products.
3) Products category discounts for different type of customers

Sorry to ask for, but, especially first point seems to me a lack of the platform and maybe it is really simple to be expanded.

many thanks again,

Max

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by Rabby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi,

The first prority is "Category Status Enable/Disable" for me. O0
Is it developed or it will be only fixed in the upcoming versions?
(if it's already fixed than I don't know where to find this option... :( )

Post by Daniel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:11 pm

ctsalmah wrote:Need help on this, i have this...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myshoppi/public_html/shop/catalog/language/malay/payment/bank_transfer.php:6) in /home/myshoppi/public_html/shop/system/engine/controller.php on line 22

...everytime i checkout/payment in malay language.

Thanks in advance.
you have a space in your language file. check the file that the output was started on.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator