Post by BellaBella » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:17 am

I have NO idea if this is the right section for this post so if not, I'm hoping the kind mods would help me out. ;D

Ok, so the deal is, I didn't want stars for my ratings, I wanted hearts (I know, I'm a girly girl). I searched the forums and didn't see anyone who had already done this. Then I found an extension to change the stars to hearts, but I'm a graphic artist myself and didn't want to pay for some graphic changes that I could do myself. SOoooo.....I did them myself and thought I'd share :)

I didn't change the file names of the images for the sake of simplicity and not fudging anything up. So they say "stars-0, stars-1..." and so on, but they are hearts! Cute hearts!

Just download, pick the folder of the color you want and upload each picture file to catalog/view/theme/default/image OR catalog/view/theme/YOURCUSTOMTHEMENAME/image .

I've included the old boring stars just in case you want to revert back from hearts. Also a couple of pics so you can see how they look. ENJOY!!

P.S. Let me know if you want any other colors. I've included purple, pink and yellow in the files.

Attachments

Hearts ratings in action-2.png

Hearts ratings in action-2.png (95.3 KiB) Viewed 2798 times

Hearts ratings in action.png

Hearts ratings in action.png (185.11 KiB) Viewed 2798 times

Change Star Ratings to Hearts

Location - Racine, WI

Post by butte » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:37 pm

The stars are in a set of images, ranging 0-5 greyed and 5-0 colored on each of several files. Back those up, then change stars to hearts, save, upload.

Guru Member

Post by BellaBella » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Yes. Correct. Or upload these 6 files that have already been changed to hearts. Save a step and the hassle of changing stars to hearts. :)

Change Star Ratings to Hearts

Location - Racine, WI

Post by butte » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Sorry, sped through a series and did not happen to notice that yours amidst the others did not request an answer but gave one.

Guru Member