Post by JasonSGN » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 pm

twiggy wrote:
goldndelicious wrote:
Re: OpenCart v1.4.0
by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am
Any one got a working install of this 1.4.0, I want to check it out but I'm in work so can't install it anywhere
i second that, stuck at work without anywhere to play. How about a screenshot of the front end?
Can someone help us poor soles stuck in work?
Here's a link to my v1.4 test shop: http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/opencart/

Post by studiospirit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi guys...

This version looks really nice... Just the normal bugs all you already found... Thanks for the job Daniel

http://www.studiospirit.com.br

Location - Brazil

Post by hande » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks for your work Daniel.

In a few days I'll take some translation if necessary (Catalan, and maybe Spanish).

@ Shop | Work | Blog | Photos | Wallpapers | Twitter

Location - Barcelona / Spain

Post by Daniel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 pm

JasonSGN wrote:Here's a link to my v1.4 test shop: http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/opencart/
Thats really nice!

Thx for showing me this.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by debbiegibbons » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Just having a quick look at the new OC and all looks great!

Only problem is I am still on 1.3.2 so can anyone tell me how big of a job it is going to be upgrading to the new version?

Also quick question, i sell digital downloads via my store and sometimes can be a drag to uploads all the downloadable files individually through admin and then add the product and link it to the download file.

Would it be possible to have the download section as part of the "add new product" section so you would click add new product and then from there you can add all your product details along with the download file etc etc?

Just a thought :-)

Thanks
Debbie

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:05 pm

I think the Go button should be in line with the search-boxes.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by JasonSGN » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Qphoria wrote:OK.. my usual first hour with new version suggestion list.

This list has older suggestions and bugs that I think come up over and over again and should just be done. It's all very quick nuance stuff that shouldn't take more than an hour to fix. They are very general fundamentals more than addressing specifics. And they are all generic core based designs... nothing localized.
v1.4.0 Development notes by Qphoria

BUGS:
Installation:
- Screenshots on last page are the old designs

Catalog:
- Search box hitting "enter" doesn't submit search

Admin:
- Screenshot for catalog template is old design

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS:
v1.x (General)
- Clone Categories in admin
- Clone Products in admin
- Category Status Enable/Disable in admin
- Javscript confirmation for Delete button/Uninstall button in admin
- SEO Keyword should be per language
- Saving settings needs warning banner across top when missing required field.
- Reset buttons for all reports
- Disabling language should remove need to enter a value for it in edit fields
- Changing default currency should set it to 1.0000 and run the currency update on save.
- Minimum Order Qty should be added

v1.4.0 specific suggestions:
- Only English should come with OpenCart. Leave german as language pack.
- Category Edit tabs for language should maybe be on the General tab and data tab should still be on its own data tab as it looks confusing the way it is now.
- Advanced Search support "Multi-select" box for categories
I agree with the above and would like to add these suggestions:
- Global and Required Product Options
- No payment options should display if the total price of the order equals 0. I know there's a "Free Shipping" mod, but this should be a core function of the shop. Also all the available payment options appear along with free shipping with the available mod - if the price is 0, the other payment options shouldn't be displayed.
- If and order qualifies for "Free Shipping" than the other shipping methods should not appear.
- I'd also like to see offline credit payments as a core feature.

I've been using an ASP-based shopping cart for about 8 years and just found OpenCart a few weeks ago and love what it offers. I'm hoping some of my suggestions become part of the core package so that I can make a permanent switch to OpenCart.

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 pm

JasonSGN wrote:- If and order qualifies for "Free Shipping" than the other shipping methods should not appear.
actually on carts that work like you suggest the biggest request I get is to show the other shipping modules so that they can offer free shipping plus expedited options.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JasonSGN » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
JasonSGN wrote:- If and order qualifies for "Free Shipping" than the other shipping methods should not appear.
actually on carts that work like you suggest the biggest request I get is to show the other shipping modules so that they can offer free shipping plus expedited options.
I see your point but here's the issue that I'm dealing with:

A customer offers flat rate shipping of $4.99 (using only UPS Ground) and free shipping for all orders over $100 (which also ships via UPS Ground). When customers place an order over $100, the $4.99 flat rate still appears with free shipping even though the $4.99 rate is not for expedited shipping.

Post by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Looks good Daniel grate work.

Should I take a guess that all templates written for 1.3.3-1.3.4 are no good?

Post by Daniel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 am

i2Paq wrote:I think the Go button should be in line with the search-boxes.
you should turn compatibility mode off in IE.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by maomaox » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

Daniel wrote:
i2Paq wrote:I think the Go button should be in line with the search-boxes.
you should turn compatibility mode off in IE.
Any quick fix for the search box not responding to "enter" key problem? I see the code is still there but somehow it's not called.

Post by Daniel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 am

change:

$('#module_search input').keydown(function(e) {
if (e.keyCode == 13) {
moduleSearch();
}
});

to

$('#search input').keydown(function(e) {
if (e.keyCode == 13) {
moduleSearch();
}
});

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by christopherdarling » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am

Fantastic release Daniel, Admin is a fast improvement over the previous one.

Great work! I'll be using this on a project shortly (scrapping using Magento as default from now on), and will be sending donations to you. I will aim to do this for every project I use OpenCart for too.

Christopher Darling - Web Design Bristol

Post by Yakiv » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 am

This seems to keep getting lost in this thread, with no response:
Is the cart supposed to update with a new total when the coupon is applied? I see the system message that the coupon was applied, but I don't see the price change. I realize this is probably taken care of in the checkout stage, but it's always good if the coupon starts to do it's job as you are still shopping. Is there any way to get it going, with the same ajax effect as well?
Would this be considered a feature request or am I missing a setting? I remember in 1.3.4, the new total was there. I don't see it there now. Did something go away or is it a setting?

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:17 am

Yakiv wrote:This seems to keep getting lost in this thread, with no response:
Is the cart supposed to update with a new total when the coupon is applied? I see the system message that the coupon was applied, but I don't see the price change. I realize this is probably taken care of in the checkout stage, but it's always good if the coupon starts to do it's job as you are still shopping. Is there any way to get it going, with the same ajax effect as well?
Would this be considered a feature request or am I missing a setting? I remember in 1.3.4, the new total was there. I don't see it there now. Did something go away or is it a setting?
This is a feature request. I don't know where you think it did this in 1.3.4, but to my knowledge you've never had an indication of the new price till you reach the confirmation page.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by clonex » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 am

LOVE THE NEW VERSION! :D :D.
My gameserver hosting site (www.clonex.de) is now better than ever! :D.

But i found (only) one bug..
When i add a option for my products, then the last added option value for the product, will not be saved ???.

And only one problem..
My gameserver hosting company is danish, and there are no translation packs yet for the v.1.4.0.
I'm currently translating from english to danish, and i think i will publish the translations when i'm finished :D

But thx ALOT for the hard work!! :D :D

( Btw, i will donate ;) ))

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 am

Yakiv wrote:This seems to keep getting lost in this thread, with no response:
It's a kinda- bug based on when it was moved. It was originally on the confirmation page. It worked fine there except in the case where you give 100% off coupons. The coupon worked fine but customers expected to have no charge still had to choose a payment option so it confused them.

So I wondered if it would be better to have it on the cart page, to avoid this.. But didn't really think it all the way through. Strangely enough, this idea was actually added to the cart, but it made things worse. Now lots of things are wrong with the way it doesn't take the discount at the cart level and you still need to wait for the confirmation page. Now if you have free shipping coupon, you still have to choose a shipping method and it still shows a price. And with the checkout button being on the main page, most people don't even see the coupon box since they skip right past the cart page.

So really it was a working feature in 1.3.2 and earlier and was broke when moved to the cart page. Now it really should be moved back to the confirmation page. Or it could be moved to the payment page IF the payment step was moved before the shipping step and the shipping used the value of a free shipping coupon to skip shipping.

I think for starters tho, moving it back to the confirmation page will solve 99% of the problems and confusion

Administrator

Post by CyberWizard » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 am

Is there any type of update package or am I missing it somewhere?

Post by booyakan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 am

CyberWizard wrote:Is there any type of update package or am I missing it somewhere?
make a backup of your site and then ur database (under admin-configuration-backup/restore)

then overwrite 1.34 files with 1.4 files.
after you go through the normal install restore your database from admin panel.