Post by nimrodeshel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm

bull5-i wrote:You need to uninstall CPT PRO and manually remove the "product_tab" SQL table (not just delete the content, but drop the table). Your current "product_tab" table is a relict from another extension and it has incompatible table structure. After removing it, re-install the extension.
Thank you, this indeed solved the installation issue. However, now, when trying to access my website, i'm getting:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home4/MYDOMAIN/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_catalog_product.php on line 15

Thanks in advance for taking the time to assist me in this

Post by bull5-i » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:51 pm

The parse error must be a conflict with another installed (vq)mod that edits the catalog/model/catalog/product.php file. Either remove the conflicting extension or modify either vqmod script file such that a correctly formed PHP code will be generated.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by nimrodeshel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 pm

bull5-i wrote:The parse error must be a conflict with another installed (vq)mod that edits the catalog/model/catalog/product.php file. Either remove the conflicting extension or modify either vqmod script file such that a correctly formed PHP code will be generated.
You were right, found the XML that was affecting the product.php and extension installed and is showing in product backend. All boxes are ticked and enabled, but no extra tab appearing in product view ...
I adjusted XML file for my JOURNAL theme already, to no avail

Post by bull5-i » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Please see the documentation for guidelines on how to integrate the extension with a custom theme.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by shuchin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 pm

I bought this extension yesterday, and my opencart theme is Megastore. and the extension didn't work with my custom theme. The developer won't help me or give me any clue, and he just offer his paid services. Sorry, I cann't afford to pay your custom paid services as I just charged my client for this extension just $20 .

I got vqmod error message :
*******************************Fri.log********************************
---------- Date: 2013-06-07 20:43:44 ~ IP : 182.1.73.90 ----------
REQUEST URI : /index.php?route=product/product&product_id=48
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/tokos537/public_html/vqmod/xml/custom_product_tab.xml
id : Add a extra tabs to product page with the same functionality as description tab
version : 1.1.3
vqmver : 2.2.2
author : bull5-i
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <div id="tabs" class="htabs">

I need help from other who willing to give any idea how to make this extension work. Anyone ? Thanks in advance

Regards,

shu chin

Post by bull5-i » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:07 am

As I replied you in the email - the extension includes documentation with guidelines and comments for custom theme integration. If you want me to customize it for you then, yes, that would be a commercial service and this has been stated in the extension description as well.

Post by slightlydifferent » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:42 am

Great extension thanks. Found a couple of bugs in version 2.

Line 51 of custom_product_tab.xml needs changing from:

$this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "product_tab_content SET product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "', tab_id = '" . (int)$tab_id . "', language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "', content = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "");

to:

$this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "product_tab_content SET
product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "',
tab_id = '" . (int)$tab_id . "',
language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "',
content = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE content = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "'");

due to an issue with duplicate keys.

Line 235 from:
<a href="#tab-related"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?></a>
to:
<a href="#tab-related"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?> (<?php echo count($products); ?>)</a>

to bring the related product count in. Similar needs sorting for reviews but I haven't done that yet.

Line 239 from:
<?php if ($tab['type'] == 'reserved') { ?>
<a href="#<?php echo $tab['key']; ?>"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?></a>
<?php } else if (trim($tab['content']) || $tab['type'] == 'reserved' || $cpt_show_always) { ?>
<a href="#tab-custom-<?php echo $tab['tab_id']; ?>"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?></a>
<?php } ?>

to:
<?php if ($tab['type'] == 'reserved' && trim($tab['content'])) { ?>
<a href="#<?php echo $tab['key']; ?>"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?></a>
<?php } else if (trim($tab['content']) || $cpt_show_always) { ?>
<a href="#tab-custom-<?php echo $tab['tab_id']; ?>"><?php echo $tab['name']; ?></a>
<?php } ?>

So reserved tabs display properly

Cheers

Steve

Post by bull5-i » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Steve,

The first SQL modification should not be necessary, because a DELETE statement should precede the INSERT statement.

Yes, if you want the related products count, then this is the way to do it.

The last change for the reserved tabs is unnecessary, because reserved tabs do not have any content. The content is added by third party extensions.

Post by digirich » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am

Hi
Purchased and installed as per documentation.
The tabs text areas are not appearing below description as expected, nor on the front end. Clearly this is not a theme issue as it is the back end that has an issue too.

Post by bull5-i » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Please check that your vqmod is correctly installed & working and you do not have any vqmod errors. There has never been any issues with the back-end and the extension has been extensively tested on all OpenCart versions it is available for.

Post by discostu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 pm

I've upgraded to the latest version of opencart & vqmod; After upgrading the Custom Pro Tabs was successful I went to 'enable' the mod but I get a forbidden 403 error; furthermore if I press 'Apply' instead of save, I get an Ajax error.

this is the error;

Access is forbidden to the requested page:

/admin/index.php?route=module/custom_product_tab&token=c9f03021ed7fef493122777fc80aa22f (port 80)

Post by bull5-i » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:17 pm

If you get a server 403, then there must be something wrong with your server configuration or ACL (access rights). CPT PRO itself does not return a 403 response in any case.

Post by discostu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 pm

bull5-i wrote:If you get a server 403, then there must be something wrong with your server configuration or ACL (access rights). CPT PRO itself does not return a 403 response in any case.
Okay thanks, i'll check it out. At least this will narrow my search!

Post by karlmarsh05 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 am

Hi,

I just installed the Custom product tab pro. OC version 1.5.6. Default theme.

After installing VQMOD (latest) I proceeded to copy across the upload folders.

went to admin -> modules and clicked install only to receive this message: Notice: Error: Unknown column 'status' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
INSERT INTO oc_product_tab (tab_id, sort_order, status, editable) VALUES (1, 10, 1, 0), (2, 20, 1, 0), (3, 30, 1, 0), (4, 40, 1, 0) in C:\wamp\www\buildingmart\system\database\mysql.php on line 50

I receive an error message for both versions (1.1.3 and 2.0.1)

Thanks in advance for your time :)

Post by karlmarsh05 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am

Ahhh fixed it myself by ACTUALLY reading what the error message was and creating the new database values in PHPmyAdmin. e.g. the error searches for a 'field list' column which did not exist (for some reason) in my PHPmyAdmin. I simply created it and another column which was requested and hey presto, WORKING.

SORRY if this was totally dumb of me and I wasted anyones time :)

Post by bull5-i » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm

The error indicated that you already had a SQL table named "oc_product_tab" in your SQL database, which had the wrong structure. To resolve this you would uninstall CPT PRO, then manually remove that SQL table, and re-install it. CPT PRO will automatically create the correct SQL structure.

Post by ixnay » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello, I am working with a client to set up a new store. We have it on a test domain at the moment:
http://www.coolgales.eu/
Decided to use Aqua theme which is perfect. It is a nice design and also responsive which we felt was very important.
However we have encountered some problems as it does not play well with a couple of extensions including this one, and also a module that can remove the price, or disable the "add to cart" button. Both of these work when we change back to standard theme.
My client is prepared to pay to get this fixed, and there is only so much we can do ourselves. So first I would like to get you opinion of this problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
James

Post by bull5-i » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

The extension does include documentation with guidelines on how to integrate it with a custom theme. I can also offer commercial custom theme integration service. You'll find the relevant information from the documentation support section.

Post by ixnay » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Fair enough, thanks. We'll have a look and if we cannot do it ourselves will get back to you.
Best regards
James

Post by krneki » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 am

Is you plugin 100 % compatible with Journal theme, please see this demo: http://journal.digital-atelier.com/2/in ... uct_id=101 ? By that I mean that it won't change any style whatsoever and will remain in the same colors as those in theme?

The same question goes for 10 $ version of your plugin.