Post by gartheman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:57 am

hey, if I purchase this now, does this include an upgrade to v2.0 when it's released?

Post by rph » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 am

Upgrades are free. I'm so busy right now I can't really state when (or if) it will be released so any decision to purchase should be based on whether the current version is right for you.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by foredesign » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:33 am

I am wondering if this plugin works with http://opencartguru.com/options-boost?f ... ns%20boost.

Thanks.

David Goddard

Post by rph » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:25 am

It does not.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by doktorcak » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 am

I need a dependent option with input. İnput option will be the last option as a child option.
Can you add this ability to your product

Post by rph » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm working on something but I don't have an ETA.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by DonDixon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Do you think it's possible to get Dependent Options to work with Mass products update: Options?

Post by rph » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 am

Not at this time though a bulk updater is a feature I'd like to implement after I get Dependent Options 2.0 published.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by retnodn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

Hi there.
I've been using this awesome mod. All works fine, but I have question.
Why I can not make just one parent for some child?

I have some product category which is one of them only need just one parent. Do you have any suggestion what I should do? fyi, I'm using opencart ver. 1.5.5.1 :)

Post by rph » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 am

It's to prevent situations where you can't add a product to the cart. In many cases where there's only one parent the options can be merged up with the parent.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by billynoah » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 am

retnodn wrote:Hi there.
I've been using this awesome mod. All works fine, but I have question.
Why I can not make just one parent for some child?

I have some product category which is one of them only need just one parent. Do you have any suggestion what I should do? fyi, I'm using opencart ver. 1.5.5.1 :)
You can, but you need to modify his code. Just comment out line 324 in the xml file.

Post by Reinhard1987 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:55 am

Hi RPH
Bought your mod yesterday and I'm Loving it the only problem is I'm using Live update product price and it doesn't seem to be working can you please make it compatible.

Post by rph » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:45 am

If you check out the FAQ in the first post in the thread it talks about price and image updaters being generally incompatible.

You can try the following method and see if it works:

Edit dependent_options.xml and near line 964 change:

Code: Select all

$('#option-<?php echo $chained_option['child']; ?>').chained('#option-<?php echo $chained_option['parent']; ?>');
to

$('#option-<?php echo $chained_option['child']; ?>').chained('#option-<?php echo $chained_option['parent']; ?>').change();
That may trigger the other mod to do an update.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by billynoah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:28 am

Reinhard1987 wrote:Hi RPH
Bought your mod yesterday and I'm Loving it the only problem is I'm using Live update product price and it doesn't seem to be working can you please make it compatible.
I submitted a fix for this which is currenty under review. You can try it if you'd like. Add the following two operations to the vqmod product.tpl section:

<file name="catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/product.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search position="replace" index="1"><![CDATA[<div id="option-<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>" class="option">]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[<div id="select-option-<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>" class="option">
			]]></add>
		</operation>

<operation>
			<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<select name="option[<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>]">	]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[<select id="option-<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>" name="option[<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>]">]]></add>
		</operation>
</file>
this changes the id of the <div> and corresponding <select> so the select gets triggered and not the div. I recommend using the original jquery code which can be found here:
https://raw.github.com/tuupola/jquery_c ... chained.js

You'll need to rename it to "jquery.chained.mini.js" and replace the one in "catalog/view/javascript/jquery"

Works perfect for me. Good luck.

Post by janickle » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I have a few questions to make sure that this one gonna work for me.

1. Can I set upload file or text box to be dependent options?
2. Can it hide the dependent options until user select the patent option?
3. If i use custom theme right now, how much modification i need to work before this extension working?
(I can do some coding).

Thanks
Jack

Post by rph » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:28 am

janickle wrote:I have a few questions to make sure that this one gonna work for me.

1. Can I set upload file or text box to be dependent options?
Not at this time.
2. Can it hide the dependent options until user select the patent option?
Yes, with a minor bit of editing.
3. If i use custom theme right now, how much modification i need to work before this extension working?
Themes that follow best practices and have options structured like OpenCart (95%+ of themes in my experience) will have no issue.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by nevskins » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi, i searched and couldn't find an answer so not sure if this has been asked.

Is there a limit as to how many dependent options one can have on one item. On one of our items i seem to have hit a limit and can't seem to add more variables to the options. When i now add more the system seems to delete others.

Am using Opencart 1.5.1.3

Thanks in advance

www.nevskins.com.au

Post by rph » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:11 am

There's a limit on the number of values PHP will accept. The readme.pdf file contains info on how to bypass the issue. You can also find it online at http://wiki.opencarthelp.com/doku.php?i ... s_in_admin

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by billynoah » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 am

nevskins wrote:Hi, i searched and couldn't find an answer so not sure if this has been asked.

Is there a limit as to how many dependent options one can have on one item. On one of our items i seem to have hit a limit and can't seem to add more variables to the options. When i now add more the system seems to delete others.

Am using Opencart 1.5.1.3

Thanks in advance
In addition to what rph just mentioned, you may also have to edit your suhosin variables if suhosin is installed with php. also, i didn't have much luck with the local directory php.ini files, and needed to edit the master system settings in order for this to work. in a typical ubuntu installation these files are:

/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/suhosin.ini

good luck! i ran into this issue and was completely mystified for hours :-) changing your php variables will definitely fix it.

Post by rph » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 am

Yes, Suhosin will override some standard php.ini settings. You should be able to achieve similar changes with suhosin.post.max_vars.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member