Post by nellone » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:05 pm

i checked the readme file... and these are the instructions:
You may only use an option value once per product!
You've added a duplicate Option Value, such as Large, to a product option. Removing one of the duplicate option
values will allow you to save.

But when i insert two of the same option with 2 different prices, it detects those options as dupicates!
I need to change the child option price, depending on his parent.
How could this be done?

Post by chow6693 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 am

I have purchased and installed dependent options. It is great except for one problem that I am having. I use discounts to determine product pricing based on customer group when a customer logs in but when I set up my discounts, it wipes out my dependent options if they have a dollar value assigned (options are no longer associated with parent.) I tried setting it up in reverse (setting up discounts first and then dependent options) but then it wipes out all of my discounts when I save.

What can I do to help you get this fixed?

Post by rph » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:40 pm

nellone wrote:i checked the readme file... and these are the instructions:
You may only use an option value once per product!
You've added a duplicate Option Value, such as Large, to a product option. Removing one of the duplicate option
values will allow you to save.

But when i insert two of the same option with 2 different prices, it detects those options as dupicates!
I need to change the child option price, depending on his parent.
How could this be done?
Read page 5 under option stock control. You have to make up 100% unique options. This is the only way.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by rph » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:41 pm

chow6693 wrote:I have purchased and installed dependent options. It is great except for one problem that I am having. I use discounts to determine product pricing based on customer group when a customer logs in but when I set up my discounts, it wipes out my dependent options if they have a dollar value assigned (options are no longer associated with parent.) I tried setting it up in reverse (setting up discounts first and then dependent options) but then it wipes out all of my discounts when I save.

What can I do to help you get this fixed?
I don't really understand. Dependent Options doesn't effect pricing.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by MartinOxby » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 am

Hi There - I've had a scan through this thread to find the answer, but no luck.

I bought and installed 'Dependent Options' and all was well - I set up a product which was a picture - then depending on the type of picture (poster, frame, canvas) various sizes should be available. I had it set up working fine but when I logged in today the crucial (parent) selection was missing from the 'option' tab (See attachment)?

What could have gone wrong? Happy to give you a login as it's on a dev server.
Thanks!

Martin

Attachments

Dependent Options.png

Dependent Options.png (59.75 KiB) Viewed 9720 times

Post by rph » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 am

The most common reason is the wrong option type is being used or vQmod/script hit an error. If you want to send me temp FTP/Admin credentials at the support email address listed in the readme.pdf file I'll take a look.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by MartinOxby » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 am

I will e-mail you now. The option type is 'Select' ( I do *try* to read instructions!) so the script hit a problem somewhere.
Thanks!

Post by MartinOxby » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:45 am

I've sent the e-mail off, heading to sleep now but will catch up on this and e-mails in the morning - thanks in advance for your time. Kind regards,

Martin
http://www.summitweb.net/

Post by ryan0389 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Is there anyway we can get this mod to work on opencart 1.5.6???

Post by ryantack89 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 am

Hey a client of mine (Grant under email of grant@klmagazine.co.uk) purchased this today but it isn't working?? I'm on 1.5.6 is this the reason it wont work? Please let me know :) Thanks!

Post by rph » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:18 am

You can check the error log. At this time I have no plans to support 1.5.6. It's a very flawed release. If it's possible I would highly recommend downgrading to 1.5.5.1.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by ryantack89 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Is it hard to downgrade opencart??? Never had to do it before

Post by ryantack89 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:20 pm

If we were to pay you for your time would you be willing to make it work on 1.5.6?

Post by rph » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 pm

To be honest, no. OpenCart has always had a difficult release cycle for developers but 1.5.6 is just "a bridge too far" for me. The long and short of it is 1.5.6 adds nothing new for stores that don't require OpenBay integration (i.e. the vast majority of OpenCart installs) and makes a number of things worse. I just can't justify spending any time supporting this, even if the changes needed to update Dependent Options were small. For users who do need OpenBay I would recommend 1.5.5.1 with the previous OpenBay add-on. Everyone else should just use 1.5.5.1.

You may be able to downgrade with a simple file overwrite but I haven't tested that. I'll be updating the info with an official notice saying 1.5.6 won't be supported. Anyone who's purchased Dependent Option before today (August 23) specifically for 1.5.6 can request a refund. Make sure to request the refund through the Extension Store and NOT PayPal as a PayPal dispute can get your Extension Store account locked.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by tragetaschen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello,

ist there a way not to show the + or - price in the dropdowns on the website? An example: I mean this in the option dropdown:

Color Red (+2)
Color Green (+4)

Regards

www.bag-stage.de

Location - Germany

Post by rph » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 am

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by srkn61 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 pm

hello,

I need this extension, to combine select boxes with checkboxes but it only works with selectboxes... Who can help me to let it work with selectboxes combined with checkboxes... please help and contact me.... serkan61@live.de I will pay the necessary money....

Post by rph » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 am

The plugin it uses is only for select options.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by srkn61 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

rph wrote:The plugin it uses is only for select options.
I know but I need some one who customizes me this extensions...

Post by rph » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 am

Such an extension would need to be written from scratch.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member