Post by John7 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Which host do you prefer?

Post by GoGo OpenCart » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 am

I suppose you're asking about hosting of OpenCart, right...? If so, then I can say that I have a very positive experience with Arvixe, many times by now, with many of my customers' OpenCart powered sites, and you can always count of their live support, because they're really helpful with everything you need...

See all my extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20OpenCart

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 pm

equally good to me. either one will do fine. But if i'm not wrong, arvixe have a little better speed

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by John J » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:17 pm

John7 wrote:Which host do you prefer?
I am with hostgator and like them alot.
Last edited by John J on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by katherinetkey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 am

I am really confusion to choose one of them. Can anybody mentions some comparable reason of both.

Cms Consulting Open Text Partner Open Text

Post by s982714 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:54 am

Hi,
Go with arvixe and you will get this email soon in your inbox after suspending your website:

=======================
Dear *********,

We have noticed excessive server resource usage on one of your accounts hosted with us. Since the resource abuse had an adverse affect on server condition, we took some actions to bring the server to stable conditions. The activity and the action taken as a result are listed near the bottom of this email.

More often than not, single spikes in usage are attributed to spikes in traffic, poorly optimized plugins and themes, or the fact that your website was hacked through an insecure application you deployed in the past and have not maintained. We strongly suggest that you take a backup of your account and then do the following:
•Upgrade your script to the latest stable version available.
•Deactivate plug-ins, modules and components you don't use, don't absolutely need or don't want. Upgrade plugins, modules, and components that you do need. Outdated, or poorly written plugins, modules, and components are the most common reason for resource abuse issues as well as security issues.
•Deactivate custom themes as some are much more CPU intensive and can introduce security issues. Due diligence should be exercised when choosing a theme.
•Activate CloudFlare on your account by following these simple instructions. For Linux accounts click here. For Windows accounts click here.
•Scan your website using 6scan if on a Linux account here.
•Disable Gzip compression.
•Remove scripts you may have installed for testing, but have chosen not to pursue further.
•Create Indexes on your databases.
•Disable and uninstall chat related software, plugins, etc.

If the above is not the case or has not helped, then we believe that this type of usage is against our Acceptable Use Policy. We have also expanded on our Acceptable use policy, specific to resource usage here We need your cooperation in finding a remedy. Depending on your specific case, we generally recommend one or more of the following solutions if our above recommendations did not help:
•If you have many sites hosted on one account: Split the sites throughout more accounts
•Upgrade your account to our BusinessClass
•Upgrade your account to our DedicatedClass

Do note that we employ some of the best servers in the shared web hosting industry and we have identified your site(s) as using too many resources to reside on a regular shared web hosting server. For your convenience, we strongly suggest that when looking away from Arvixe for web hosting that you look for solutions that are a clear upgrade to a regular shared web hosting environment.

The activity including the technical details which will prove useful for troubleshooting the issue, and the action taken as a result are listed below:

We are forced to disable the database "*******"as it was consuming high resources. Please verify below report as proof
=======================

and believe me, they will never answer your emails before 24 hours each time with a request to upgrade to vps!
they are responding here quicker than their website and emails.

Note: my website is not published and I have no customers yet.

Regards,

Post by ankit98 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Hostgator is one of the best host i am using ipage bluehost & dreamhost but best is hostgator.

Hostgator coupon 2014

Post by madimar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Never heard something like that and I'm with Arvixe since several years with several Opencart websites.
If there is something true in what you are saying, you should explain better for which reasons Arvixe blocked your site.
Please remember that we are talking about a shared host and, even if it is an excellent shared host, it can't permit you use it as a VPS or a dedicated server.

Regards,

M
s982714 wrote:Hi,
Go with arvixe and you will get this email soon in your inbox after suspending your website:

=======================
Dear *********,

We have noticed excessive server resource usage on one of your accounts hosted with us. Since the resource abuse had an adverse affect on server condition, we took some actions to bring the server to stable conditions. The activity and the action taken as a result are listed near the bottom of this email.
Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Montux » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 am

If i am not wrong, they both are under same management.

I am with Hostgator, used them for 5 years and still have cPanel account. They're good but only for startup sites. Once you grow, its highly recommend you go with VPS or dedicated.

Even Hostgator send service suspension email for fair use policy. They're technically not unlimited hosting.

Location - Mississauga (Canada)

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Montux wrote:If i am not wrong, they both are under same management.

I am with Hostgator, used them for 5 years and still have cPanel account. They're good but only for startup sites. Once you grow, its highly recommend you go with VPS or dedicated.

Even Hostgator send service suspension email for fair use policy. They're technically not unlimited hosting.
They are not under the same management. Anyway you are perfectly right. Everyone needs always to remember what he's buying. If it is a low cost plan it will have some limitations, it is normal, imho.
Anyway please take into account that Arvixe also offers professional, vps and dedicated hosts solutions.
Especially in these days there are excellent offer for black friday.

Regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by plusdev » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 pm

don't have any experience using Arvixe and Hostgator. As I know, Arvixe is great hosting provider. I personally use ASPHostPortal.com for hosting. I dont want to switch as I'm very happy with them. If I have clients, I always use them. You just need to sigh up their Host One package, I think that's very enough.

Post by nvedia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 pm

I was hosted with Arvixe for 6 months and was always happy
Then I didn't need hosting so have to leave them
If you look on internet for Arvixe reviews, you would find lot of positive ones and they have also won many hosting awards, the prominent being Best Affordable Hosting Provider Award

Donate here to show support if you think I have helped you today!

Opencart Documentation

Post by Xyph3r » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm having ONLY issues with my arvixe hosting account..their speed is the worst. 1/2 day it's working like c**p and when you go to the live chat to talk about the issues..you get a "It's working fine at our side" or "We had some issues today..our blah blah blah".
When I first started with them...everything was fine, till the problems slowly started to appear. I requested a server transfer. I received the server transfer and everything was fine again.Till the problems started. AGAIN.

I don't say that Hostgator are saints..they have issues too...but putting them near to arvixe...there is no comparison.

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by aizsa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am

I have been using HG hosting, and it feels good! :laugh:

Arvixe Coupon Code;Hostgator 50% Off Coupon

Post by STN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Stay away from arvixe unless you like downtimes, slow speeds, 502 errors urghhh. Then they server downtimes each month. It was a terrible few months that i was with them

I have been with Hostgator and happy with it.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

@STN:

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our hosting services. Can you provide me with a ticket ID or email/PM me your primary domain name or billing username so I can have someone promptly look into this for you?

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by Avvici » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Montux wrote:If i am not wrong, they both are under same management.

Not under the same management.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by markjacks » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:43 pm

I think it's a marketing tactic when you say Marketing Tactic. If you look under fine prints, there will be conditions applied. Image

Post by mikempp » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 pm

justin fixed problem
Last edited by mikempp on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SKULabs » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 pm

If you're comparing shared hosting services, you're setting yourself up for trouble no matter which way you go. Shared hosting isn't really appropriate for any PHP apps with traffic or a large database; either of which can happen quickly with an Opencart store.

Your best hosting option for the money is probably a VPS environment with AWS or DigitalOcean. If you don't know how to set up a LAMP stack and do the necessary configurations to get Opencart up and running smoothly, consider reading up on DigitalOcean's tutorials (they're the best) or hiring someone to help with the launch. These VPS environments start for as little as $5 to $10 per month, but for the best performance and flexibility you'll want to step it up to at least $20/month so that you have at least 2GB of RAM to work with.

What I'm discussing may or may not cost more than the shared hosting services you're considering, but trust me, it's absolutely worth it. When properly configured, a VPS will run faster and will be able to handle traffic bursts much better. It's also a lot easier to learn how to manage a VPS than people think -- a couple hours of tutorials and tinkering will get you pretty far.

SKULabs - The fastest way to get your orders out the door