Post by seths » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:39 am

I'm not really familiar with the Information pages, but my guess is that this wouldn't really be possible without some code modification. If you just want to add a link to the blog in the "Information" side bar block you could either do it by adding the link to the Information template itself, or perhaps adding a page to Information that was nothing but a JavaScript redirect to the blog.

Hope that helps.

Post by CEOself » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:48 am

Thanks that's a good idea. However the blog does not show up on a lone page correct? It needs to be placed somewhere on a page that is already existent in the template...right? Now I am considering renaming the "About Us" page to Blog, then placing the blog insertion code on that page in the template.

Not sure if that would work. Sorry only been playing with OpenCart for a few days now.

Post by seths » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:00 am

Yea, that's a good point.

It's actually quite easy to add a standalone page to OpenCart, but I don't think this is the appropriate place to add such instructions... perhaps someone has already documented this? If you have some development knowledge, you'll likely be able to figure it out without too much trouble.

Post by CEOself » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:02 am

CEOself wrote:Thanks that's a good idea. However the blog does not show up on a lone page correct? It needs to be placed somewhere on a page that is already existent in the template...right? Now I am considering renaming the "About Us" page to Blog, then placing the blog insertion code on that page in the template.

Not sure if that would work. Sorry only been playing with OpenCart for a few days now.
aaww that's not gonna work either. I tired looking for About Us contact page and it's not in Controller and/or View folder.

Post by CEOself » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 am

seths wrote:Yea, that's a good point.

It's actually quite easy to add a standalone page to OpenCart, but I don't think this is the appropriate place to add such instructions... perhaps someone has already documented this? If you have some development knowledge, you'll likely be able to figure it out without too much trouble.
Good call. Well done on the module. I would look forward to maybe some SEO fields in the individual posting area?

I will look elsewhere on how to add a standalone page. Thanks again for your help.

Post by sunlady » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 am

I have installed this module now with the update version 1.4

and got this error at my front page :

Notice: Undefined variable: blog in /home/binchen/public_html/catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/home.tpl on line 13

Latest Products

is this module still to use ? backside is every fine, only this error, can you help me please?

Thanks in advance :) :)

Post by seths » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 am

I haven't looked at 1.4 at all, but I would guess it's the same error as this:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 098#p40030

Post by sunlady » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:22 pm

yes, I tried this code yesterday and after adding my site goes blank.
thanks for your help!!!

Post by seths » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Does this mean you fixed it?

Post by flightoffancy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 am

I got this mod working in 1.4.0 but it is causing some weird behavior with the admin menu if you are on the blog list page in admin. The blog post page doesn't seem to have the problem is what has me baffled.

I've been over and over all of the files added to the admin and also the edits that needed to be done and I still can't track down the problem.

Any ideas?

Post by seths » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 am

I'm going to have to test this on 1.4 and release an update, but I honestly don't see myself having time for this until mid-Feb at the earliest.

Post by flightoffancy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:25 am

Well crud.

I do understand time constraints and would gladly offer to update this module but I don't understand PHP at all, just enough to cause myself headaches.

As I said in my previous post, I did get it working in 1.4.0 by just uploading and doing the editing of the mentioned files. The only problem is that the backend menu is now a little hinky when navigating while on the blog list page. I did edit the blog_post.tpl and blog_list.tpl to match the new backend layout but, even putting the originals back didn't fix the menu issue.

The cart I'm working in is only a test cart at this point so if you'd like to take a look, to see what kind of edits you're looking at, you are more than welcome to. Just drop me a PM.

Once you do get the module ironed out for 1.4 I'd like to make a donation to you. I love open source software and try to support those that support the software.

Post by signsintime » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Any plans to add pagination? If either News or Blog are used with any regularity, the pages are going to be quite lengthy.

I tried to add it, with my limited (=non-existant) knowledge of php by modeling it after the category pagination, but failed miserably.

Anybody know how to do this?

TIA
Jeri

Post by kalleswe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Hello
i wonder if and how to add a link to the blog in the menu? I mean i don't want it to appear on the front page, but say blog/blog. How do i do that? Thanks!
/Kalle

Post by ile » Wed May 05, 2010 4:03 am

hi! i have a problem with download. When i click http://tinyurl.com/opencart-blog, get an error page...
Can you help me? :'(

ile

Post by SteveSherry » Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 am

I've done a bit of checking and can't find the module.

Anyone have it downloaded?
or is there still access to the old website?

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by whitecollar » Thu May 06, 2010 4:39 am

Yes, I would like to find it too ...

Post by navex » Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Download link:

Attachments

Post by espc » Thu May 06, 2010 10:09 pm

when you decide to fix the URLs??
everytime I open one it always reports:
ADDRESS NOT FOUND

God, give me courage to do what I can,
humility to admit what I can't,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Opencart mods (search suggestions and so on):
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?p=71588#p71588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by SteveSherry » Sat May 08, 2010 6:52 am

espc wrote:when you decide to fix the URLs??
The website has been updated, it isn;t where it used to be.

The post just above your gives a link to is:
http://forum.opencart.com/download/file.php?id=2231

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK