Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:59 am

We have released a new checkout and payment module for OpenCart 1.3.4 which supports the Google Checkout.

It implements the Checkout API, the Notification API and the Merchant Calculations API according to Google's developer guidelines.

Unlike other payment modules for OpenCart, this one uses an express checkout scenario without the need for the user to log into his OpenCart store account. The reason for not going with the normal OpenCart checkout flow is because of Google's more restrictive Terms & Conditions.

The order processing and tracking is all done via the Google Checkout merchant account, not through OpenCart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by sean » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:05 am

Thank you very much.

Post by sean » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi I'm getting this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ControllerCheckoutGCheckout::isUSStateArea() in /catalog/controller/checkout/gcheckout.php on line 186

before this I was getting error on /catalog/controller/module/gcheckout.php on self::states on line 141, so I changed it to self::$states.

Thank you again for making this contribution.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:08 am

Yes, this is a bug, I tested it for UK sellers only where it didn't call these functions.

Will fix it tomorrow.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 am

I fixed the two bugs, try it again with the updated release. It works fine on my test server, however mine is set up with a UK seller sandbox account, if you can test it with an US seller account and let me know what you get, that would be useful.

Guru Member

Post by sean » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I've tested it with sandbox account, and seems like all the old bugs are fixed (thanx). Only thing, it doesn't transfer shipping amount. I have free shipping for over $200, USPS, and FedEx setup. This transfers all three methods but the amount for all are $0. Also, Free shipping shouldn't of been transfered at all, since I tested with amount less than $200.
I did setup shipping info in google checkout profile, to test to see if that settings would show up, but didn't.
So I think if passing shipping info is going to be a real hassle, then this module can just skip passing any shipping info, so the google shipping choices set in the profile would show up.

Sean

Post by i2Paq » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:43 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:We have released a new checkout and payment module for OpenCart 1.3.4 which supports the Google Checkout.
Thanks for you hard work, I've added it to my OC directory listing

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by DannyMacD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:36 pm

hello, great stuff!!

i have now setup and installed the module however when i go to test it does not allow me to checkout via google checkout?

store is www.disifin.co.uk (Please do not process orders unless you want the goods :) )

any ideas as to why?

many thanks

Post by Qphoria » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:43 pm

i2Paq wrote: Thanks for you hard work, I've added it to my OC directory listing
heh, under "Paymend" methods eh?

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Qphoria wrote:
i2Paq wrote: Thanks for you hard work, I've added it to my OC directory listing
heh, under "Paymend" methods eh?
I had to look twice to see what you where pointing out. Thanks!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:15 pm

DannyMacD wrote:hello, great stuff!!

i have now setup and installed the module however when i go to test it does not allow me to checkout via google checkout?

store is http://www.disifin.co.uk (Please do not process orders unless you want the goods :) )

any ideas as to why?

many thanks
It's not in the payment page. It will be a button in a sidebox.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by DannyMacD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 pm

i know but when items are in the basket the button still shows:

https://checkout.google.com/buttons/che ... &loc=en_US

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 pm

sean wrote:I've tested it with sandbox account, and seems like all the old bugs are fixed (thanx). Only thing, it doesn't transfer shipping amount. I have free shipping for over $200, USPS, and FedEx setup. This transfers all three methods but the amount for all are $0. Also, Free shipping shouldn't of been transfered at all, since I tested with amount less than $200.
I have to look into it. On my test server the shipping costs are correctly calculated upon Google's merchant calculation callback to OpenCart, though I have only tested it for the 'weight', 'flat' and 'zone' shipping methods so far.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:54 pm

DannyMacD wrote:hello, great stuff!!

store is http://www.disifin.co.uk (Please do not process orders unless you want the goods :) )

any ideas as to why?

many thanks
Have you made sure the following requirements are all met on your Opencart server, as per the install instructions ?

Other requirements
==================

1)
At least one of OpenCart's shipping modules should be enabled.
The Google Checkout module has been tested with the following standard shipping modules:
- Flat Rate
- Per Item Rate
- Weight
An it has also been tested with the following contribution:
- Zone (Available from http://www.mhccorp.com/downloads-opencart.shtml)

2)
Make sure all of the enabled shipping modules use the same tax class.

3)
Make sure the product's tax rules, if there, are compatible with Google Checkout.
In particular, tax rules are only allowed for the UK or USA.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 am

sean wrote:Only thing, it doesn't transfer shipping amount. I have free shipping for over $200, USPS, and FedEx setup. This transfers all three methods but the amount for all are $0. Also, Free shipping shouldn't of been transfered at all, since I tested with amount less than $200.
I have done another update, free shipping should now only be presented by Google Checkout when the configured threshold value is reached by the cart subtotal (before taxes).

As regards USPS and FedEx: These are not yet supported, now they should not be presented by Google Checkout anymore. Will add them soon in a future release of this contribution module. Please test it with your US seller account and let me know what you get.

Guru Member

Post by sean » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:27 am

I've tested the new update with my sandbox account. It seems like it's still sending shipping info for FedEx, and USPS and Free shipping to google, but as soon as the drop box is selected, all disappear and tells me there is no option available for my shipping.

I tested free shipping over threshold, and works fine.

I don't know exactly what's happening with other shipping methods, and free shipping under threshold, but seems like google is still getting info about shipping from OC. Based on what settings in GC says, shipping setup in GC becomes active when there are no shipping information is availabe. So I am guessing, GC is still getting shipping info from OC.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:57 am

sean wrote:I've tested the new update with my sandbox account. It seems like it's still sending shipping info for FedEx, and USPS and Free shipping to google, but as soon as the drop box is selected, all disappear and tells me there is no option available for my shipping.

I tested free shipping over threshold, and works fine.

I don't know exactly what's happening with other shipping methods, and free shipping under threshold, but seems like google is still getting info about shipping from OC. Based on what settings in GC says, shipping setup in GC becomes active when there are no shipping information is availabe. So I am guessing, GC is still getting shipping info from OC.
OpenCart has to initially send all the enabled shipping methods to Google Checkout, because OpenCart doesn't know anything about the customer's shipping address (remember it's a total express checkout scenario!). It is only when Google Checkout gets the customer's shipping address on its end and sends merchant shipping calculation requests to OpenCart that OpenCart can respond to Google Checkout with valid shipping quotes, or no available shipping quotes, according to the individual shipping method and customer's address.

I have now added another field in the module's back end:

Merchant Calculated Shipping: Yes or No

If set to No, no list of OpenCart shipping methods are sent to Google Checkout. Instead, Google Checkout is expected to use its own shipping calculations, which you can configure via Google merchant account at

Settings > Sipping setup

This way you may be able to configure USPS or UPS on your Google merchant account. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do both Merchant Calculated Shipping and Google Calculated Shipping at the same time, only one of them can be used at a time.

Guru Member

Post by sean » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:29 am

That sounds right about what I was thinking.

Thank you very much for changes.
I'll try it right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I just tested it with GC, works great. Now I can have GC choose shipping option.

Thank you very much.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 am

sean wrote:I just tested it with GC, works great. Now I can have GC choose shipping option.
Glad to hear it works.

I just made another minor bug fix for the case that the cart may contain products where none of them requires shipping, and where not all of them are digital download items. In this case it should not fall back to Google calculated shipping when this module is configured for the merchant calculated shipping.

One other thought which crossed my mind:

If there are a mixture of products in the cart, some with, some without, shipping enabled, the weight-based shipping method always uses the weight for all of the products in the cart. I think this is a flaw, it should only calculate the quote for those products which have shipping enabled.

I think this is a flaw in OpenCart's weight-based shipping method, and might result in shipping quotes with higher than expected values.

Guru Member

Post by sean » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:26 am

:) that is not that bad. We can all use some extra money ;)

I have a problem now! Everything works fine with sandbox account; but when I transfered to live account, it's giving me "Please specify weight of items in LB." error. Error shows up in OC after I click on GC link. I tried to use the same product and checkout with sandbox, it worked. There is only one item in the cart, and weighs 1LB (made sure the weight is in LB but still getting this error).