Post by MikeSCC » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Hello,

Currently when orders are confirmed they come through to OpenCart with the 'Processing' status. In my test site I am currently integrating a (great) PayPal Pro Hosted payment module and have managed to get orders placed using this payment method to come through as 'Processing' too.

Extension is:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6435

However, I was just wondering what exactly the 'Complete Order Status' setting does (located in 'Settings' > 'Option' tab)? My orders are already coming through as 'Processing' and the 'Order Status' setting (right above the 'Complete Order Status' setting) is set to 'Processing'. Should I change the 'Complete Order Status' to 'Processing' too, or is this setting only converned with downloadable products and gift vouchers as stated in its description?

Would it have an effect on anything else?

Thanks,

Mike

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by labeshops » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:59 pm

It doesn't really do anything if you mean do something automatically. It just lets you track orders that are completed.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by MikeSCC » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 am

labeshops wrote:It doesn't really do anything if you mean do something automatically. It just lets you track orders that are completed.
Thanks for your reply.

When you say it lets you track order, how do you mean?

After our orders come in with 'Processing' status we change them manually to 'Complete' once they've been fulfilled.

Thanks,

Mike

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by labeshops » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 am

That's what I mean. Lets you track which orders you have done and which you haven't.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:48 am

Honestly this should really be self explanatory.
It is whatever status YOU want the order to be in upon successful payment.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by MikeSCC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 pm

My apologies for the obvious question - just needed to double check this didn't affect anything else.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:12 am

MikeSCC wrote:My apologies for the obvious question - just needed to double check this didn't affect anything else.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Sorry.. I am actually wrong on this. I was explaining what the Complete order status does for individual payment modules.
The one that is in the System Settings section is actually used for what state should the store consider the "completed" state... and I think at this time it is only used for Downloads. So a download won't be available until the order is set to whatever state this is set to.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by MikeSCC » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 am

Qphoria wrote:
MikeSCC wrote:My apologies for the obvious question - just needed to double check this didn't affect anything else.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Sorry.. I am actually wrong on this. I was explaining what the Complete order status does for individual payment modules.
The one that is in the System Settings section is actually used for what state should the store consider the "completed" state... and I think at this time it is only used for Downloads. So a download won't be available until the order is set to whatever state this is set to.
OK great, thanks very much for clarifying.

Cheers,

Mike

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests