Post by rdvapors » Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 am

Hi,
Love your stuff! I noticed that on the products page only, using Google Chrome and then ctrl+shift+j i get the following errors,

Code: Select all

GET http://cdn.reddragonvapors.com/catalog/view/theme/default/image/stars-4.8000.png 404 (Not Found) american-red-tobacco-e-juice:15
GET http://cdn.reddragonvapors.com/catalog/view/theme/default/image/stars-5.0000.png 404 (Not Found) american-red-tobacco-e-juice:15
Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://wd.sharethis.com/api/getCount2.php?cb=stButtons.processCB&refDomain=…2Fwww.reddragonvapors.com%2Famerican-red-tobacco-e-juice%23sthash.e1VgAVEl". buttons.js:1
GET http://cdn.reddragonvapors.com/catalog/view/theme/default/image/stars-5.0000.png 404 (Not Found) american-red-tobacco-e-juice:25
GET http://cdn.reddragonvapors.com/catalog/view/theme/default/image/stars-4.5000.png 404 (Not Found) american-red-tobacco-e-juice:25
GET http://cdn.reddragonvapors.com/catalog/view/theme/default/image/stars-4.8571.png 404 (Not Found) 
all my stars work for the entire site and testing in Google Rich Snippets Testing Tool I get stars as well. However, it is a little un-nerving to see errors on your page. Can we fix this?

Post by OC2PS » Fri May 31, 2013 7:13 am

rdvapors wrote:it is a little un-nerving to see errors on your page
I can relate to that.
OC2PS wrote:One issue with OpenCart's default aggregate rating is that it truncates the fraction instead of rounding it off. So if your aggregate rating is 4.9 (i.e. anything less than perfect 5 but more than 4), then OpenCart shows rating as 4 and 4 stars. This is not good or fair as your customers might think that average rating is lower than it is. But it's even worse if you are using Rich Snippets because then this lower than real rating shows on Google results page.

So, an additional task that this extension performs from v 1.8 onwards is that it fixes the ratings. With this extension your shop shows stars based on rounded off average rating, and Google is provided accurate average rating, which seems more realistic to Google and will help your Rich Snippet show up more quickly in results, and not be snippet-spam flagged.
This is what messes up the stars. You see, the way OpenCart shows you the "right" numbers of stars (actually less than what you deserve, but whatever), by prefixing and suffixing the rating number..something like stars-?.png (where ? is a variable) so if the number OC sees is 4, it calls stars-4.png

When this extension corrects the ratings behavior of OpenCart, and makes it more accurate e.g. 4.8 instead of 4, ? takes the value 4.8 (actually 4.8000), Opencart tries to call stars-4.8000.png which is a file that doesn't exist. So this extension looks around in all the known places (everything that's packaged with core software) and fixes that.

However, if you have another module installed that is not shipped with the core, then this extension doesn't have any idea about it. The extension still tries to patch all stars but if your module is using a non-standard way to call the stars, then errors can happen.

In your case, the errors are likely happening because of the "Customers who bought this also bought" module. To eliminate the errors, you need to apply the patch suggested in the original post
OC2PS wrote:Warning
If you have added any custom modules that show rating stars, this extension may cause the stars to stop showing. The fix is simple - in the affected module's template file, change

stars-<?php echo $product['rating']; ?>.png
to

stars-<?php echo round($product['rating']); ?>.png

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by rdvapors » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 am

OC2PS wrote:However, if you have another module installed that is not shipped with the core, then this extension doesn't have any idea about it. The extension still tries to patch all stars but if your module is using a non-standard way to call the stars, then errors can happen.

In your case, the errors are likely happening because of the "Customers who bought this also bought" module. To eliminate the errors, you need to apply the patch suggested in the original post
OC2PS wrote:Warning
If you have added any custom modules that show rating stars, this extension may cause the stars to stop showing. The fix is simple - in the affected module's template file, change

to

Thank you, I completely overlooked that module.

Post by rdvapors » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:58 am

@ OC2PS I switched themes and am having trouble modifying the mod to accept this. Would you be interested in helping with the modification, and a price to do so.

Post by markdat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 am

Hello OC2PS,

@tik Google Rich Snippets 1.8.5 in OC 1.5.3.1 can be used with Super SEO Friendly URL´s VQMOD?

Thanks in advance,
Markdat

Post by OC2PS » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am

markdat wrote:with Super SEO Friendly URL´s VQMOD?
Haven't tested, but no reason for it not to.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by markdat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:38 am

Great!

Works for me using OC 1.5.3.1 with Fancycart Responsive Template mixing your versions.

z-google-rich-snippets-1.xml
@tik Google Rich Snippets p1
1.4 2.3.2

z-google-rich-snippets-2.xml
@tik Google Rich Snippets p2
1.8.5 2.1.7

Thank you very much!
Markdat O0

Post by 4LDesigns » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 am

Thank you - I think it's all working good!

http://www.streetboarding.org/buy-a-boa ... nakeboards

However when I preview on Google the stars dont show?

"I give good advice, but never follow it - What's left for me? I'm a hypocryte, and if I weren't - I'd be a success story" - Hilltop Hoods

Location - Gold Coast, Australia

Post by OC2PS » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:03 am

4LDesigns wrote:when I preview on Google the stars dont show?
Looks like the extension is not compatible with your theme. If you'd like me to adapt it, please PM me.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Uitto » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi,

I wanna share my tweak I did for this mod.

I just upgraded to 1.5.5.1 and i didn't found out how to make my stock availability to be shown. On original mod there is $stockqty, but it shows nothing on my shop. Maybe it's because my theme?

Anyway. I didn't even find anything that could show my actual stock status. $stock will print same thing than I already have on my product-page. But there is error, because if i but to this mod that if $stock > 0, it will always go true. Cause when stock is 0, it will print "2-5 days" or "4-14 days". And apparently they will also make this if come true.

I did figure to solve this so that I will count letters on this $stock. If it's under 3 (I'm sure I wont have more than 100 products of anything) it will print InStock. And if my $stock is over 3 it will print OutOfStock.

So here is my code:

<operation info="Markup currency and add stock status as In stock.">
<search position="replace" index="1" error="log"><![CDATA[<div class="price"><?php echo $text_price; ?>]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
<div class="price"><div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><?php echo $text_price; ?><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="EUR" /><link itemprop="availability" href="http://schema.org/<?php if (strlen($stock) < 3) {echo "InStock";} else {echo "OutOfStock";}?>" />
]]></add>
</operation>
Hope this helps someone.

Kauppani nasinmatkailuautot.fi/kauppa
OC 1.5.5.1, theme Mobileshoppe
Käytetyt moduulit: Posti, Matkahuolto, Checkout Finland
Ja kasa VQModeja...

Location - Finland

Post by manolov85 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi

I tried changing

-<?php echo $product['rating']; ?>.png

to

in your xml because the stars arent showing, but that isnt helping. can you please assist?

http://www.prosparx.com/en/aluminium-led-strip_

thanks!

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 am

manolov85 wrote: I tried changing
-<?php echo $product['rating']; ?>.png
to
Change

to

(in your "from" stars is missing)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 am

Actually just had a look at your site, and it's clear that parts of the extension are not working.
  • I see that you are running OC 1.5.4. Are you using the correct version of vqmod and of this extension?
  • Are you using Default theme?
  • Please ensure that you uploaded the entire extension properly. (try re-uploading...overwrite any files if asked)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by manolov85 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 pm

OC2PS wrote:
Actually just had a look at your site, and it's clear that parts of the extension are not working.
  • I see that you are running OC 1.5.4. Are you using the correct version of vqmod and of this extension?
  • Are you using Default theme?
  • Please ensure that you uploaded the entire extension properly. (try re-uploading...overwrite any files if asked)

I re-uploaded all files, overwriting 3, but still the same problem.

I am also using the right extension (for 1.5.4.1.) and I am using the default theme.

Could this module that Im also using, be the problem?

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... _search=GR Rich Snippets v1.4&filter_license=0

thanks

Post by OC2PS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 pm

manolov85 wrote:Could this module that Im also using, be the problem?

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... _search=GR Rich Snippets v1.4&filter_license=0
That's the problem. You can't use both.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by manolov85 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 pm

OC2PS wrote:
manolov85 wrote:Could this module that Im also using, be the problem?

That's the problem. You can't use both.
but when I click on "uninstall", I still dont see the stars

Post by OC2PS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Not sure where you are clicking uninstall. I think it is a vqmod, so you need to remove or rename the xml.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by manolov85 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 pm

OC2PS wrote:Not sure where you are clicking uninstall. I think it is a vqmod, so you need to remove or rename the xml.
In "modules" in can choose to install(uninstall) and edit this module. I have now uninstalled it and still the stars arent showing ???

Post by OC2PS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 pm

manolov85 wrote:
OC2PS wrote:Not sure where you are clicking uninstall. I think it is a vqmod, so you need to remove or rename the xml.
In "modules" in can choose to install(uninstall) and edit this module. I have now uninstalled it and still the stars arent showing ???
I can have a look for you in the next couple of days if you PM me your FTP login details.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by dansk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi,

Same problem here.
On the frontpage of the website the start show correctly.
But on the productpage, tab "RELATED PRODUCTS", sometimes stars where not shown.

I have edited the file z-google-rich-snippets-2.xml and made 2 replacements in it.

To: stars-<?php echo round($product['rating']); ?>.png

In fact, it made it even worse and less stars are showing up properly... So I had to revert back.

Any suggestions? OC 1.5.5.1, vqmod 2.3.2, not other rich snippet extensions.

"Drop carts, not bombs"