Post by leonardoOC » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:09 am

I pay for the job or I can accept free help as well since it seems to be an easy task.

When I access image manager on the Dashboard, the window takes long time to load, it never loads any images and it freezes and crashes.

I found the issue, But do not know how to fix it: Even through any FTP or dedicated server Cpanel, the images in the folder image/data will not open either. Now I cannot load any images to my website. The folder is only 3.79Mb, but it contains thousands of images.
All the other folders loads fine.

How do I fix this issue?

My dedicated server configuration is:
Dual core, 2.3 GHz Intel® Xeon Processor
3 MB cache
4 GB RAM
2 x 500 GB HDD
5 TB/month
CentOS 6.4 (64-bit)

Post by dirtboy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:19 am

you have too many images in the same folder. try putting images in other folders. i have had this same issue when there are too many images in the same folder

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by leonardoOC » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:08 am

That is the problem; How do I access this folder if it freezes and crashes?

Is there any way to access that folder? Through Mysql maybe?

Post by dirtboy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:19 am

can you access the folder in ftp? or go into cpanel, delete the folder before you open it then create the folder again. you will have to upload all the images again if u do that though

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by leonardoOC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 am

Thanks for your reply, dirtboy.

So if I create many folders under the folder "image" and put thousands of images divided into folders, will that work and take the load out of the 1 folder?

For example, create the folders: image/data , and then, image/data2, image/data3 and so on? Will Opencart be able to read those folders and upload it to the website??

Thanks my friend!

Post by dirtboy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:13 am

yes, i had 10k images in one folder and had the same problem you have now. i broke up the images into category folders then into product folders like A-S and T-Z and no longer had that issue

- Henry Ford

Post by leonardoOC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks dirtboy. I promise if that works out, I send to you a cool Extension for all OC versions that cost US$ 250,00 dollars. Just send me your email.

So please just give me a better insight on this. You seem to nail it easily. Here is what is happening.

I am using a third party company product updater to my store. They send thousands of images to the folder image/data. Now when I try to access the folder, it crashes, so I cannot upload any banner, since it is all in the same folder.
Question: If I ask the third party company to send all the product images to the new created folder image/data2 - since I do not need to access that folder - and I keep my banners in the folder image/data so I can access it easily, will that work out?

Regards.,

Post by dirtboy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:34 am

it should, you just dont want to try to open the folder with all those images. are you using a data feed? is there a way you can change it before you import?

- Henry Ford

Post by leonardoOC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 am

Yes, I am using datafeed. I think the most simple way ever is: just leave the products images in the image/data folder. And set the image manager to open by default my newly created folder just for the store banners, let's call it folder image/data2. Now I can use image manager to upload the banners.

But how do I set IMAGE MANAGER to open by default the new folder I've created: image/data2 ?
Should I change something in the image manager source code to change the default path or directory?

Regards.

Post by dirtboy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:24 am

in the admin > controller > common > filemanager.php

you will see this line of code

Code: Select all

$this->data['directory'] = HTTP_CATALOG . 'image/data/';
but if you change it im not sure what it will to do the folder you already have.

- Henry Ford

Post by leonardoOC » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks dirtboy, I might try that! So what do you think it could happen to my website? Would I get trouble? Since I do not need to open that folder,as long as the product images in that folder still shows on the website.All I need is to be able to upload some banners to my store. Does not matter how I do it, as long as I can do it!

Can you send me your email? I got a treat for you! Thanks bro!

Post by butte » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:46 am

There are several reasons for having subdirectories. Sorting images for your own immediate retrieval and for not bogging down the server are two of them. Another is ability to control which are or are not turned into thumbnails that might not be wanted or used. An inbound flood of images (or of anything else) should go to its own directory or subdirectory, so that you can sort them out. Images would still need to be assigned to products, whether manually in admin or by using a spreadsheet for import of the grid (in intervening spreadsheet or .csv formats or in .sql format) into the database itself.

In receiving "thousands" of images in routine floods, you should have a means to review them, and a means to review whether the flood is hacked either for simple disruption or for its avenue into the database.

Guru Member