Post by grimmy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi, sorry if I make a double post. I can not see anyone with this question.

I love Opencart, but sometimes I think several of the programmers never had a legit business themselves? (Not trying to offend anyone, but this is my feeling.) It reflects in everything from tax/vat to export sales or just a simple thing as the non existant invoice system many times force people to copy their orders to their own invoice system.

I know OC is free, but I would at least want the opportunity to buy these addons if it's left out on purpose.

ALL of you must have a tax authority in your country, and the demand of specifying each tax (VAT) and sales for that tax (excluding the tax itself).

It could be included in the normal tax report in OC, but for the moment it's not.

All of us need this report to report sales and VAT to the governement. We also need it to specify (for us in sweden/europe) local country sales, EU-sales and Outside EU-sales. Similar rules apply in other countries also.
We sell to normal people not companies so it's quite straight forward.

The most basic would look like this:

We have three VAT classes in sweden (adding percent for clarity only)
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax1 6%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax2 12%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax3 25%>

We have to report sales to EU-countries
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax4 6%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax5 12%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax6 25%>

We have no VAT to sales outside EU.
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax7 0%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax8 0%>
<month/day/period> <sales ex vat> <tax9 0%>

Now please, please, please, someone, add this in the tax report or please tell me the Extension that will manage this.
(We are using OC 1.5.4.x but can upgrade.)

A bonus would be to see the purchase cost, margin in percent/<currency>, and freight costs.

Everyting should be EX VAT if you ask me.

This report would be a help to all of us cause it reduces the need and cost to manually bookkeep hundreds of orders.

Thankyou.

Par, Sweden.

Post by labeshops » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:05 am

I enter all my sales into quickbooks and generate my sales tax report thru it. It also lets me track costs, profit/loss, shipping costs, etc.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by grimmy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:50 am

Thanks, a great tip, but we are perfecly satisfied with our bookkeeping/invoice software that we have been using for years and still uses for other purposes in the business.

So Im afraid I still need help here.

Post by ase618 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 am

Doesn't your bookkeeping software do this? I understand where your coming from but OpenCart is a shopping cart not an accounting program. That said there might be an existing extension for this already. I know there are several reporting ones.

artisantool.co
Don't forget to add [SOLVED] to your Thread Title (first post), if your issue is solved.

Post by grimmy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 am

Well the whole point is to not copy information between the programs. And also not to book keep (?) every single line of the invoice would be too costly both in time and money. (We sell things between 20-80 euro per order.)
The book keeper notes the sum of the payments (PayPal/Payson) as "income" and uses the now manual list of orders as "sold items", and "VAT". That means one "booking" post per month. I dont know english book keeping terms, sorry :( But I guess you know what I mean.

I am not intending to do the book keeping in OC, but want a summary of all sales done each month. OC in basic version is almost there. Just need to add price of sold goods (ex tax) next to the tax.

All the existing reports i find (and I surely don't find them all) sums tax as ONE sum, instead of separating it per tax class.

Post by lovol » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 pm

I understand most of what you're saying. But the opencart guys shouldn't bog themselves down with book keeping.

I think, as you ask for, you just need a report/table to extract the data from.

I could make something, but it would probably be quicker and simpler to just export this data into Excel for you, between two dates.

It could be an excel sheet that you just press 'refresh data' on, and it gets the latest data as needed. what do you think?

Post by milezteg » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 am

grimmy: Did you ever solve your multi tax reporting issue? I have the same problem. Actually made a thread about it: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p447880
It could be an excel sheet that you just press 'refresh data' on, and it gets the latest data as needed. what do you think?
I would love this tool! If it could export the sales tax for multi-tax locations like mine (Canada) it would be a Godsend.

Post by madimar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I will try to include this report in my "eu vat pro" extension future version.
M

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire HD con Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by alvin101 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

This is what I use: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... phreebooks

For just reports I use Reportico: http://www.reportico.org/site/index.php I am going to make a module of this one day....

Alvin