Post by rabihtawil » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Hello,

Has anyone integrated open cart with google checkout? please advise.

Best regards.

Post by montanaflynn » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:04 am

I saw some posts from Daniel saying google checkout was on his things to do, but have not seen anything about it being functional.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:10 am

Many of us have tried, and many of us gave it a rest... the concept seems simple but it is such a major PITA that its hard to stay focused on it. If you have the chance, take a look at ZenCarts google checkout module. Install it in the admin area. I wasn't even patient enough to fill in all the fields that were offered. Coding it & testing it must have been a nightmare.

I just think there must be an easier way. no other payment modules are that involved..

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 am

Just curious I've never looked at the api or anything, but what makes google checkout so much harder to implement? I know that the config is a PITA because of the shipping.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by rabihtawil » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 pm

i never used google checkout but my customer came & insisted on it because it is free unlike paypal & other payment methods so i'm going to check out other scripts if they already have such module done.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:38 am

I have a Google Checkout which I ported from the old Opencart 0.7.9 to the current 1.3.x, I am still testing and refining it. I was to have it released ages ago but got too much caught up with daily work. Hope to get it finalized soon.

BTW.: Google Checkout is not free, they charge on a per-transaction basis, and their rates are nearly as high as PayPal or the Amazon Payment gateways last time I checked.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:39 am

JNeuhoff wrote:BTW.: Google Checkout is not free, they charge on a per-transaction basis, and their rates are nearly as high as PayPal or the Amazon Payment gateways last time I checked.
Yeah I think all their free stuff is over, but for a while there they would give you the first year free. Plus I think they give you some kind of discount/tie-in if you do adwords.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by sean » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:17 pm

google checkout doesn't have any monthly charge of any kind (unlike paypal pro $30/mo) .
Also if you use google checkout, they send out surveying emails and post the ratings on google base (google product).

Post by Qphoria » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

google checkout and paypal pro is not a comparison.
google checkout and paypal express is the comparison.. and they both have no monthly fees.

Google Checkout and Paypal Express are like Coke and Pepsi... same thing.. diff company.. close enough rates:
http://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html?gl=GB
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... nt-pricing

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 am

Just to let you know I am currently testing the Google Checkout module for Opencart 1.3.4, using Google Checkout sandbox accounts for seller and buyers. It will be similar to the old 0.7.9 release.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:23 am

Xsecrets wrote:Just curious I've never looked at the api or anything, but what makes google checkout so much harder to implement? I know that the config is a PITA because of the shipping.
Take a look at the the Checkout API, the Notification API and the Merchant Calculations API according to the http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/ guidelines. Also, as per Google's T&C, the user must not be required to log into his Opencart account for a checkout and online payment.

Guru Member

Post by rabihtawil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:16 pm

wow guys, thanks for the huge support, i am overwhelmed with the great info that you supported me with! thanks a lot!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:46 am

I think I got the Google Checkout to work, with all cart details and tax rules submitted to Google Checkout, not just a total, and where Google Checkout requests shipping quotes from the Opencart server. I'll run some final tests and then have a beta release published.

Guru Member

Post by Liebrand » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:31 am

Hey guys,

I'm really looking forward to trying out this google checkout module. PayPal is really annoying me, since it is absolutely not clear to the end user that he does not need a paypal account to pay...

Since I'm only creating a wedding shop for fun, I also dont want to fork out for a Pro account (nor can I it seems, as you need a business registration number).

So, any idea when you think you could have the module released?

/Cheers,
Jelte

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:25 am

Liebrand wrote:Hey guys,

I'm really looking forward to trying out this google checkout module. PayPal is really annoying me, since it is absolutely not clear to the end user that he does not need a paypal account to pay...

Since I'm only creating a wedding shop for fun, I also dont want to fork out for a Pro account (nor can I it seems, as you need a business registration number).

So, any idea when you think you could have the module released?

/Cheers,
Jelte
well you do realize that to pay using google checkout the customer absolutely has to have a google checkout account. No way around it obvious or not.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:35 am

I have a Google Checkout demo on my Opencart test server, configured with a seller sandbox account. Hope to publish the Google Checkout contribution in the next few days.

Guru Member