Post by deshoon1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am

HI
AFTER I UPLOAD THE FREE EXPORT/IMPORT TOOL AND GO TO MY OPENCART ADMIN THE TOOL IS NOT FOUND ANY WHERE. I BELIEVE I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS PROPERLY. HOWEVER, NOT 100% SURE. I HAVE TRIED THIS ABOUT 50 TIMES AND WITH OUT RESOLVE. SOME PLEASE GUIDE ME.
VQ MOD IS INSTALLED.
???
PLEASE.

Post by tdaubs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 am

Is this the extension you're referring to? http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=17

If so, a few things to check. Are you using the correct version of the Import/Export tool?
Is vQmod installed correctly and working with other xml files?
After uploading all files, in Admin did you go to System | User | User Groups and set the permissions on the Top Administrator for the tool/export checkbox?

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by deshoon1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 am

yes that is the extension. i have open cart version 1.5.5.1 so i downloaded the one that corresponds with this one. when i verified to see if vqmod was installed..the browser said that vq mod is installed properly. after i uploaded the files and went to the system-user-usergroups to set the permissions like the instructions said tool/export is not listed it says tool/error_files and nothing for export is there.

Post by deshoon1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:24 am

ok I think I got it..sort of..it shows up now but says permission denied see administrator. I made the files writable by typing in 777 but still in the user-group tool/export still is not listed.

Post by tdaubs » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:58 am

I'm guessing the files are not being uploaded correctly or possibly uploaded to incorrect locations. I haven't had any problems with this extension and that includes using it with the newest release of OC.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by deshoon1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

thanks! i am not sure what i am doing wrong .. now that its all loaded i am receiving this error

2013-03-15 21:00:49 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/19/7752319/html/projefitco/admin/model/tool/export.php:1643) in /home/content/19/7752319/html/projefitco/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 50

Post by carpin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 am

Ask the EXPORT / IMPORT TOOL developer for support.

Location - Netherlands

Post by deshoon1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm

THANKS! I got it working just fine..must of just needed some rest to get my brain working again..

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 am

I am having the same issue as you did at first. it is not showing up in admin>system>user>user group>top administrator. I am also using the vqmod method and the version is correct (1.5.5.1). What did you do to fix it?

EDIT: solved it. I noticed that I had changed the name of my admin file and the contents of the admin file of this module needed to be put into the renamed admin file.

EDIT 2: I now can check the boxes in user group permissions, but after they are checked and saved, there is still no link to the module in the system menu.

EDIT 3: The name of the admin folder needed to be changed in both vqmod/index.php and vqmod/xml/export.xml.

Post by deshoon1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:44 am

if i can remember correctly i transferred/uploaded each file separately from the export/import tool folder -i transferred the admin file to admin then system file to system and so on.

Post by mameha » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:56 pm

@Sea-Wing_Designs
Thank you sea-wing_designs I had the same problem as you.

Post by BigLen » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:04 am

My export/import tool was not available in the administration panel after installation. I loaded all the files correctly and changed the user group permissions as stated in the installation readme.txt file. But the tool still wasn't available.

The reason that my tool wasn't there was that the name of my renamed admin folder needed to be reflected within the vqmod/xml/export_import.xml file. There are several references to the "admin" directory within this file. I just changed them all to my renamed directory name. This awesome free tool should make my life a lot easier! ;D

Big Len
https://BigLensCycles.com

Quality Motorcycle ATV and UTV Parts & Accessories - Discount Prices