Post by FuelCells » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm

I am currently running 1.5.5.1 and I am having trouble uploading files to the Downloads section for my customers.

Every time I try to upload a .zip file (9MB) it waits a very long time (60+ seconds) and gives me the error message "Upload Required". And whenever I try to upload a large .pdf or small .xlsx, .inf, .msi, .sys, .exe, .cat, etc. file it instantly tells me "Invalid File Type" (sizes ranging from 4KB to 1,300KB).

I know with 1.5.5.1 there are new editions such as adding the File Extensions and Mime File Extensions and I am sure I have it configured incorrectly.

Would someone mind telling me / showing me some standard file types to put in them for the above mentioned file types?

Also, do you think there is an error beyond that, such as max upload size?

Post by hillfish » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 am

Maybe this free extension could help you get round the problem ...
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=31

Looks like it will do what you need.

Post by FuelCells » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 am

hillfish wrote:Maybe this free extension could help you get round the problem ...
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=31

Looks like it will do what you need.
I downloaded it and added it to my Vqmod but nothing seemed to change. Isn't the Downloads Page suppose to look like the one in the picture?

Post by hillfish » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 am

I guess so (re pic) - I never actually used this mod myself so I've no idea if it's good or not, just that it claims to do what you need.
Usually the problem with vq mods not working is that the file is uploaded in the wrong place - be sure to upload it to the vqmod/xml/ folder.

Post by FuelCells » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 am

hillfish wrote:I guess so (re pic) - I never actually used this mod myself so I've no idea if it's good or not, just that it claims to do what you need.
Usually the problem with vq mods not working is that the file is uploaded in the wrong place - be sure to upload it to the vqmod/xml/ folder.
I've attached the photo of my Documents Page. Also, I uploaded it in vqmod/xml and changed the admin path to the corrected path.

Do I not need the File Extensions Fields in my settings filled out anymore (pictured below)?

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

File Type Extensions - Capture2.JPG (23.02 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

Capture.JPG

Documents Page - Capture.JPG (40.35 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

Post by hillfish » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 am

I don't think you will need them because if files are uploaded via ftp or whatever direct method to the server, then they don't pass through the php filters. So - you could upload any file type and any filesize with no interference from the script or server php size limits.

Post by FuelCells » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:56 am

hillfish wrote:I don't think you will need them because if files are uploaded via ftp or whatever direct method to the server, then they don't pass through the php filters. So - you could upload any file type and any filesize with no interference from the script or server php size limits.

If I upload them to by my /store/downloads file should they appear on the Downloads Page?