Post by sidis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Hello I am using the version 1.5.2.1 and I have problem to log in to the admin page.. First I tried to upload my current website from my local server and I couldn't manage it.. However now I have a clean install of the version 1.5.2.1 and I cannot log in to the admin page. When I put the credentials it just return me to the same log in page without a error.. Have you got any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Post by sidis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Ok solved it was a problem with my hosting service!!

Post by bmedia » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Is there any chance you can enlighten me as to what exactly the hosting issue was? I am currently experiencing a very similar issue but on most occasions I have a message saying 'Invalid Token Session'. I have loaded the software directly from my hosting company's server and am awaiting their reply on the issue, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Post by butte » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 am

The "Invalid Token Session" refers to lack of any or presence of two or more cookies. You can't be taking one browser session into two sides of the same website concurrently, without starting a cookie battle that requires you to log back in. You can be logging in if the admin/config.php does not specify correctly how to connect to database, or if the root /config.php does not specify where admin/ is. Those are not server faults. Inability to log in is rarely a server fault.

Guru Member

Post by sidis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi bmedia, from my hosting support forum I find this solution

https://support.citynetwork.se/index.ph ... -verktyget

It is in swedish so I will tell you the outline: you add in the php.ini the two lines as they suggest and after that you create a session file to your root folder.. This worked for me but as the butte said it might be also the config.php file in the admin folder..

Post by butte » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 pm

This is just to clarify sidis' suggestion, since bmedia and others might be at a loss over the Swedish and what to do about "/erdomän.se/" or "yyyyxx" or "xx". Where sidis' link speaks to OC/Joomla/Prestashop, the idea is probably extensible without Joomla/Prestashop. Where sidis' link specifically speaks to accounts where you CAN go below the /public_html/ (or /www/) public level (using ftp or scp or the control panel) and have privileges down there, the odds are against you if you have shared hosting, cannot go below your public area (manually by one of those three means), and, thus, likely have no privileges to make directories and files down there EVEN automatically. As to the latter, you can ask your support whether the two lines are even doable, and to what avail.

In php.ini (even if you must make a new one in put it in your OC root, but then be certain each line ends in ";") insert these two lines:

session.save_handler = files;
session.save_path = /storage/content/[last two digits of your account number]/[your customer number]/[your account home directory]/sessions;

The text follows, in both languages.

============
OpenCart/Joomla/Prestashop - can not log into the admin or install the tool
Posted by Alexander Roos on 25 September 2012 10:55 AM

Can not log in to your admin on OpenCart / Joomla so it may be that you need to update your sessions were saved.

It allows you, in your php.ini file located in your root directory. With the root directory, we mean /[your account home directory IN THE HOST PATH]/public_html/

If there is no php.ini file, you create only one and put it in /[your account home directory IN THE HOST PATH]/public_html /

Open the php.ini file and add the following two strings:

session.save_path = /storage/content/xx/yyyyxx/[your account home directory IN THE HOST PATH]/sessions;

yyyyxx = your customer number.
xx = the last two digits of your account number.

Then you create the folder sessions under your under /[your account home directory IN THE HOST PATH]/ where your session files are stored.

Note that this folder (session) should not be in public_html but only in [your account home directory IN THE HOST PATH]/!

[From this Swedish:]

Opencart/Joomla/Prestashop - Kan inte logga in i admin eller installera verktyget
Posted by Alexander Roos on 25 September 2012 10:55 AM

Kan ni inte logga in i er admin på OpenCart/Joomla så kan det vara att ni måste uppdatera var era sessioner sparas.

Det gör ni i er php.ini fil som ligger i er root katalog. Med root katalog menar vi /erdomän.se/public_html/

Finns ingen php.ini fil så skapar ni bara en och lägger den i /erdomän.se/public_html/

Öppna php.ini filen och lägg till följande två strängar:

session.save_path = /storage/content/xx/yyyyxx/erdomän.se/sessions;

yyyyxx = Ert kundnummer.
xx = De två sista siffrorna i ert kundnummer.

Därefter skapar ni mappen sessions under er under /erdomän.se/ där sessionsfilerna ska sparas.
Tänk på att denna mapp (sessions) inte ska ligga i public_html utan bara i erdomän.se/!

Guru Member