Post by dtprojects » Sun May 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Our new Opencart website is now live. I designed this using OC 1.5.5.1 and Mi-Mi Store theme. Any comments most welcome.
Last edited by dtprojects on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location - United Kingdom

Post by boreddoug » Mon May 20, 2013 4:48 am

Hi there,

Really love your design. Its so simple, clean and has a lot of details on there including your address and a landline phone number.

Keep up the good work.

Doug

Post by dtprojects » Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Thank you, we have only been live a few days and have had three sales already.

Post by boreddoug » Tue May 21, 2013 4:34 am

dtprojects wrote:Thank you, we have only been live a few days and have had three sales already.
That is really great news. Its sometimes very hard to get your first sale through the door and to get a couple of them in your first couple of days of trading is amazing. I think its down to site design, products and the fact you have contact details on your website and not just a mobile phone number and a PO BOX address.

I wish you luck in the future and hope that your website grows.

Kind Regards,
Doug

Post by dtprojects » Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 am

Thank you very much Doug, very kind of you.

Post by boreddoug » Wed May 22, 2013 4:51 am

Hi there,

No problem. I really do like the way you have added your freephone and mobile in the header.

Post by dtprojects » Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 am

Today has seen a big increase in activity. We have had three web enquiries and another through a mutual friend on our Facebook page. Getting quite excited.

Post by madimar » Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 am

Really clean and nice design. My compliments.

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by dtprojects » Wed May 22, 2013 5:14 am

Thank you, I have put my heart and soul into this for the last 6-8 weeks. It's nice to see the results.

Post by boreddoug » Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi there,

If you ever feel like selling your modified version (I would purchase the theme as well) please drop me a DM.

Kind Regards,
Doug

Post by dtprojects » Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 pm

I'll keep it in mind.

Post by butte » Wed May 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Upshot.-- Overall effective, save that the overall pastels are pleasant but at the expense of readability (seen on laptop LCD in current Firefox). Saturate the pastels a bit, perhaps desaturate the lime a bit, darken font colors and change font families/faces, and use contrast to advantage rather than disadvantage to see why.

You should darken (and preferably also thicken) your fonts, they are actually difficult to read, from white on lime at the top on down through #516579 blue in the midland to the averaged light blue #68B5E1, #EE4E90 light red, #CFAF69 light orange, and #86A346 light green, and #B7BABB light grey on the #EAEEF0 pale blue footer. Those colors are averaged to fairly darkest across narrow strokes as rendered micro-blurred on a screen. Compare those to the darker grey and color symbols on the footer's right. Compare your bold headings and thin texts at Contact (ditto, elsewhere). If anyone punches Control+ several times to enlarge your text the white on averaged #5A6D80 will readably comprise the footer, whereupon punching the first link brings back the foregoing problem. There will be substantial differences and variations among CRT and LCD monitors, and pleasant pastels on pleasant pastels will simply not work for many people. There will be substantial variation in people's tolerances for the unreadable even with excellent vision, let alone with such complications as colorblindness or bad focus, largely notwithstanding age. Consider how you would react upon finding your morning newspaper printed exactly the same way; you might read some of it but before you'd reach the end you'd likely already have thought of what else it might be used for to practical advantage, and you might go so far as to switch newspapers even the same day. There are literally thousands of readily read websites among which to choose.

That's not to undermine other aspects. Ya done good.

Guru Member

Post by dtprojects » Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Wow, I appreciate the feedback. I'll take a look.

Post by gordon b » Sat May 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Kate
What a beautiful site very clean and crisp, a job well done ;D you must be proud, im at the start of setting mine up and could i ask how did you put your contact details and facebook logo etc at the bottom right?.
Good luck with the site
Regards
Gordon

Post by dtprojects » Sat May 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi, thanks for the compliment. This is a template using mi-mi-store theme. The contact details layout comes with the template. You can buy it at themeforest.net. We made a lot of changes to it but it works very well, especially on ipad/iphone etc as it is responsive to device.

Post by TotalWeb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Very nice and clean theme, I think it lends itself really well to your products. I also like the fact you have your testimonials clearly visible on the home page as well as your contact details.

Just a couple of observations...

1) The menu options are showing to the right hand-side of the screen for me (Firefox 21.0 in 1280 x 1040) and are almost touching the telephone numbers. I think there could do with being a small gap between these and even perhaps move the menu to the centre or left where it is more often than not found.

2) Make your product thumbnails bigger (i.e. crop to the product without so much background). You have very detailed items and it would be nice to see these closer up.

3) Secure Payments - there is room in the header to display the payment options (card logos, secure payment icon etc). This will give your customers piece of mind when browsing the store.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with the website!

Payment Gateway for UK Merchants - PCI Level 1 Compliant - Free OpenCart Module

Accept Credit and Debit cards for less (from just £12.00 per month with 500 transactions included)

Preferential Merchant Account rates from several leading acquiring banks.

Visit http://payments.totalwebsolutions.com/

Location - Stockport, England

Post by dtprojects » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15 am

Thank you, great advice and I will look at implementing it.

Post by TotalWeb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi,

Just a follow-up regarding the Secure Payments images, I meant there is room in the 'footer' not the 'header' :)

Accept Credit and Debit cards for less (from just £12.00 per month with 500 transactions included)

Post by dtprojects » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm

I am in the process of shifting the site info menu to the left, should be done this afternoon.
I have added a payments logo in the footer.
As for thumbnail images, I have a 'zoom' facility, do you not think this is adequate? If you click on a thumbnail, it swaps to the main image which then becomes 'zoomable'.

I used to use TWS in 1997 when I first started with the web, good to see you are still around.

Post by TotalWeb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi there,

I have seen the payments logo added, this should help reinforce it is a secure website as far as payment is concerned. I will check back once the menu has been moved, I think it will make it look even better. As for the zoom, this does work well, it is just I thought some of the thumbnails on the main category menus were a bit small and given the detail of the item it would be better if you could see it clearer to begin with. Perhaps adapt the zoom to the category thumbnail too ?

Glad to hear that you used to use us. Yes we are still around :) We have been in business since 1995 and still going strong. Web Hosting (Shared/VPS/Managed), Business Broadband (Fibre/ADSL/Ethernet), Lines and Calls and PCI Level 1 Payment Gateway services. We are due to launch a new Linux Cloud Virtual Server option which would be ideal for resource hungry OpenCart stores (and any other hungry websites).