Post by fisher318 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:06 am

Ok, I have no idea why I can't add any more than 4 products. Anyone have any ideas? I would be happy to set up a sampe test user for anyone to have a look around. I fell in love with the ease and functionality of this cart in comparison to osCommerce, and I am wanting this to work more than anything right about now!!!

Also, I have a couple products that need to be able to choose which color or model they want. Is this cart capable of adding a drop down menu to select which color or model version they want when choosing to add the product to their cart?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can take the time to help me!!!

Denver Colorado Web Site Design and Internet Marketing | Tactical Flashlights

Post by bruce » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:49 pm

If you PM me with the details, I will have a look.

Look here

Code: Select all

http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,882.0.html
for adding options to products

Post by fisher318 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks a ton Bruce. I went ahead and deleted the shopping cart, and then just tried re-installing it before I read this post. I tested adding a fifth product, other than the 4 that came with the cart and it seemed to work fine. However, the problem occurred when I deleted all test products, and hit my 5th custom product. So I'm going to see if the error repeats before taking up your time. It's MUCH appreciated though! I'll get back to you soon with what I find. I really hope this cart works, I love the mechanics of it. The only challenge I've found so far with it, is easily customizing the layout of it. I usually don't have too much problem in this area, but this one has seemed a little challenging, only because I have trouble locating where the files are that I should be playing with =)

Post by fisher318 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Ok, yeah, fresh install, new database, no mods added, and I still can't add more than 4 products. That is absolutely the strangest thing I've ever encountered. I just PM'd you with password and location. Let me know if you can do anything! Thanks again in advance!

Anyone else encounter this ever or have any ideas why this would do that? It's probably the only majore challenge between me and probably the most user friendly shopping cart system I've ever experienced. . . minus the challenging template customization. But user experience should be first ALWAYS, and this cart seems to provide that.  :)

Post by fisher318 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanks Bruce, I didn't realize that by not selecting a model name it wouldn't post. However, now right after you left, a flashlight I have that's listed in my control panel as $59.90, is showing up at a cost of $111.61. In fact, it appears all my flashlight prices have just about doubled. . . that's so weird...

Post by fisher318 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Ok, figured it out, it's because my currencies option, had the dollar listed as 1.8xxx something something, so it was increasing the value of my prices. I changed it to 1.0, and BAM, just like Emeril, my prices are back to normal =) Thanks again!