Post by peguere » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

I got v1.5.1.2
I currently upgrade to 4GH hosting in godaddy and after the upgrade I get this errors, I did a fresh install trying to solve the issue but its still the same, can somebody help, please?

This is my website : http://www.bulk-printing.com

I cant even log-in to my admin section.

In the top of my website I got this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/32/3910132/tmp/sess_17a0jcecemgsf94lsojooveji1, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php:100) in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php:100) in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php:100) in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php on line 175Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php:100) in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/system/library/currency.php on line 45

Bottom on my website:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/32/3910132/html/bulk/index.php on line 99

Post by rph » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Talk to GoDaddy technical support and tell them you're having problems with sessions.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by peguere » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:43 am

They told me to rename the php.ini to php5.ini in the root folder.
and clear the temp folder and the problem was solved.
Godaddy Support Rocks!!!

Thank you Ryan...

Post by specialtyleds » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm having the exact same issue with GoDaddy. I renamed the php.ini file in the root directory to php5.ini while adding

Code: Select all

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
magic_quotes_runtime = Off;
magic_quotes_sybase = Off;
to the php5.ini file in order to turn off the magic_quotes_gpc with GoDaddy's server configuration. I found that all three of these were necessary additions in my research. This was the only way I could get the 'green check box list' on the initial installation check off list in order to continue with the installation. Also, I had to log into my GoDaddy account and go to ->Web Hosting -> Launch -> 'Content' Tab -> 'System Processes' -> then pressed the button 'End Web' to refresh the php5.ini file configurations for the magic quotes. That worked for me.

That error still is showing up and my temp folder is empty. I will try to rename all php.ini files to php5.ini and have those three additional lines of code above in them as well for the additional directories of OpenCart which have the php.ini files in them.

Did you do anything else to fix this error peguere?

Post by specialtyleds » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm

That did not fix it. Still unclear what GoDaddy support did to fix this.

Post by specialtyleds » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 am

problem was the web host is the "free hosting" that comes with godaddy which was not known to me at the time...of course there are ways around this - purchase a good host, or you can go into the php5.ini file and set all the php configurations such that they allow sessions, a folder to save sessions data to (writable), and other necessary php includes and presets. When I set up the folder and made it writable and defined the session_save_path in the php5.ini file it got rid of this error.

Post by zuhenry » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 pm

To me, godaddy sucks!!
too many traps so they can get a lot from a hosting service that you could get everywhere else for $5.00 a month.
support!!
Of course is good, they have to provide some kind of service after messing up the original configurations.

Our latest page: http://www.paginas.in
http://www.macClasificados.com - Encuentra tu Apple PC mas barato, sin intermediarios

Location - Colombia

Post by myvision2024 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi

I have just ported from GoDaddy Windows 4GH --> GoDaddy Linux 4GH .
You should create a folder tmp at root folder and give right permission .

System->Library->Session.php should looks like

Code: Select all

<?php
final class Session {
public $data = array();			
public function __construct() {		
		if (!session_id()) {
			ini_set('session.use_cookies', 'On');
			ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off');			
			session_set_cookie_params(0, '/');
			session_save_path("/tmp");
			session_start();
		}	
		$this->data =& $_SESSION;
	}
}
?>

Post by myvision2024 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Folks

Sorry , I meant "you should give WRITE permission on tmp folder"

Post by Kreative Kid » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

That helped. I created 'tmp' folder and gave it write permission and added that missing line in session.php. It worked!

Thanks people

Post by ckiorio » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 am

All I did was add these two lines to my php5.ini
session.save_path = /home/content/ ... /tmp;
upload_tmp_dire = /home/content ... tmp;

But the temp folder you create for sessions will not clear by itself and will fill up with sessions, then you will get the errors again until you go manually delete the sessions. I have to do this about every 2 weeks. Godaddy does suck.

Post by hande » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Beware on 1.5.2 and 1.5.2.1 upgrades, error sitll persists on Godaddy hosting service with opencart.
Simply upgrade as usual, and before accessing admin frontend modify again session.php file

@ Shop | Work | Blog | Photos | Wallpapers | Twitter

Location - Barcelona / Spain

Post by fmcjq » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am

i met this problem too, and the error messeage disappeared when i add the code to session.php and create the tmp dir.
but there still problem: when i browse and order on the front store, i was auto signed out very often, this problem is so bad that our customer almost can not order on my store. here is my store: www.sinocet.com, hosted on godaddy 4GH Linux, and my site is under a sub directory of the root . Who can help me please ? Thanks a lot :)

Post by Xonnie316 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 pm

You guys have literally saved me!

Recently jumped on to 4GH hosting and a few of my clients websites were down!

I assumed it was the migration from 2GH -> 4GH giving it a few hours.

But later on thanks to this thread, I changed the code and the sites were backup and running!

Appreciate the posts people!

Location - Melbourne, Australia