Post by rph » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

vapestore wrote:
JAY6390 wrote:Yes it needs to be uploaded to your new admin folder
Hello JAY6390, need little extra help if you don't mind: as said before my admin folder has been renamed. I'm getting this error in my log and I'm assuming because the admin folder has a different name. Can I fix this and how?

thanks
If you have vQmod 2.3.2 edit /vqmod/pathReplaces.php with the custom path. The file will have examples how to do it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by vapestore » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Great! Thanks a lot.

Africa's largest selection of herbal vaporizers. Be wise, Vaporize!

Post by ginanjarlilLuNaTiC » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 am

hello i'm new on VQMod.
yesterday i'm try to install vqmod on my localhost and is it work like a charm..

but when i'm upload it to my domain the path is wrong..
in my case my "admin page" at my subdomain like " subdomain.domain.com " will redirect to "subdomain_html"
than my front page is "domain.com" the default address is "public_html"

but i'm getting error like this
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/mydomain/public_html/vqmod/xml/vqmm_menu_shortcut.xml
id : VQMod Manager Menu Shortcut
version : 1.0.0
vqmver : 2.3.0
author : Ryan (rph) - OpenCartHelp.com
Could not resolve path for [../../../subdomain_html/controller/common/header.php] (SKIPPED)
Could not resolve path for [../../../subdomain_html/view/template/common/header.tpl] (SKIPPED)
so. how to fixed my path ??
i'm trying to replace file path on "vqmm_menu_shortcut.xml" from"admin/controller/common/header.php" to "../../../subdomain_html/controller/common/header.php" becaus my admin isn't in "public_html" but is it not work :(

Post by keyz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm using vQMod OC 2.3.2 & installed VQMod Manager as per instruction. OpenCart v1.5.5.1

File permission set to 755.

All related files edit (admin folder etc).

Upon login into Module, it says:

Code: Select all

VQMod does not appear to have been integrated with OpenCart! Please run the VQMod installer at http://example.com/shop/vqmod/install. If you have previously run the installer ensure that you are using the latest version of VQMod found at http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/.

Post by rph » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am

Follow the directions.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by rph » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 am

ginanjarlilLuNaTiC wrote:hello i'm new on VQMod.
yesterday i'm try to install vqmod on my localhost and is it work like a charm..

but when i'm upload it to my domain the path is wrong..
in my case my "admin page" at my subdomain like " subdomain.domain.com " will redirect to "subdomain_html"
than my front page is "domain.com" the default address is "public_html"

but i'm getting error like this
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/mydomain/public_html/vqmod/xml/vqmm_menu_shortcut.xml
id : VQMod Manager Menu Shortcut
version : 1.0.0
vqmver : 2.3.0
author : Ryan (rph) - OpenCartHelp.com
Could not resolve path for [../../../subdomain_html/controller/common/header.php] (SKIPPED)
Could not resolve path for [../../../subdomain_html/view/template/common/header.tpl] (SKIPPED)
so. how to fixed my path ??
i'm trying to replace file path on "vqmm_menu_shortcut.xml" from"admin/controller/common/header.php" to "../../../subdomain_html/controller/common/header.php" becaus my admin isn't in "public_html" but is it not work :(
It's likely because your config file uses a relative path. You need to change it to an absolute.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 56#p371307

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by akiladesign » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Hello,

I have just installed opencart 1.5.5.1 , vqmod latest version and vqmod manager latest version.
When I go to VQMM and try to uninstall or delete a script I keep getting this 500 error: Call to a member function modCheck() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/my_site/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php on line 77

Can you please tell me how can I fix this?

Thank you

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 am

Re-upload the /vqmod/vqmod.php file and make sure it has the correct permissions. Then check that you have vqmod installed correctly in both of your index.php and admin/index.php files and have the $vqmod = new VQMod(); line

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by akiladesign » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:19 am

Hello,

I have reupload that file, I have checked the 2 index.php files and everything is there. Also I checked and the vqmod is installed correctly. Also I have set 777 on the 3 files.

Any advice?

Thank you

Post by OSWorX » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 am

akiladesign wrote:Hello,

I have reupload that file, I have checked the 2 index.php files and everything is there. Also I checked and the vqmod is installed correctly. Also I have set 777 on the 3 files.

Any advice?

Thank you
Why 0777 ?
Files should be always 0644
On some hosts 0640 or 0600 (have seen this at some providers).

07xx should be only applied to folders (normally 0755).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by artemrts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi.
In vqmod_manager.php this code checks writable permission for vqmod_logs_dir, vqmod_logs_dir, vqmod_dir.
With two first all clear, but why you demand the writable permissions for root dir aka vqmod_dir??

This is security hole, IMHO.

I use opencart with nginx and have put below lines in nginx.conf which protect writable directories from executing somebody else's scripts.

location ~* ^/(system/cache|system/logs|image|image/cache|image/data|download|vqmod/vqcache|vqmod/logs|vqmod/xml)/.*\.(php|pl|py|jsp|asp|sh|cgi)$ {
return 403;
}
So, if checking vqmod_dir is excessive, may be it is reasonable remove it?

Cheers,

Post by akiladesign » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Because with 0644 didn't work. So I have tried with 0777. And who said that 07xx should be only applied to folders. When you install opencart which are the permissions necessary for config.php?

Anyway this didn't solve the problem that vqmod manager is not working. Although vqmod is working perfect. All the scripts I have installed are working.

Except if I want to delete or uninstall a script from vqmod manager.

Post by rph » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

The problem is with vQmod. It's just you only notice it when you're using VQMod Manager.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Dahls » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:57 am

i have made this script it contains 2 folders one .xml file 6 images one 6 css files and 5 xml files with the extension xml_

looks like this
Folder1 mymod: with style1.css style2.css style3.css style4.css style5.css style6.css and image1.png image2.png image3.png image4.png image5.png image5.png

folder2 xml: with mymod1.xml mymod2.xml mymod3.xml mymod4.xml mymod5.xml mymod6.xml

then i have saved it all in one zip file ,. and try upload it to opencart via the vqmod manager , but i get the error msg Warning: Invalid filetype! Please only upload xml files.

Post by rph » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 am

You can only upload vqmod xml scripts.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Dahls » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:27 pm

lol then the manager is almost useless.

Post by rph » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 pm

The 35,000+ downloads and 5-star rating suggest many, many people find it useful. But if the hundreds of hours I've put into coding, updating, documenting, and supporting a 100% free mod isn't good enough for you fork it and make something better yourself. Given the fact you didn't even bother to read the on-screen error doesn't make me confident you're going to consider the structural and security issues of what you're proposing.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Dahls » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm

cant you see,if mod could handing disabled xml files, folders css files, etc. we could have all files from the mod in inside the vqmod/xml folder like this
vqmpd/xlm/ the xmlfiles as it is now and in vqmod/xml/mymod could have all the files that is used by the mod instead as it is now where every advanced mod scatter the files all over opencart so its time consuming task remove mod again, and all mods that has extra files need user to work with ftp or the filemanager, as extra work , when it all could be handled by the wqmod manager, the only logic way to use vqmod system.
no hard feeling, feel free to use my idea mate. ;-)

Post by rph » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 am

Let me assure you you aren't even close to the first person to think of an extension system for OpenCart. There's been an official one in development by Daniel for several months now.

Security-wise, structural-wise, legacy code-wise, there's so much completely and totally wrong with what you're proposing that I'm not going to waste any time discussing it. I'll just suggest that you fork the code and build it yourself.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by angieB » Thu May 02, 2013 1:16 am

I just installe the VQ manager. Works perfect.
The reason why I installed is that my extentions work fine on my other site but on this site no extentions work and see no errors.
So I uninstalled 2 extentions via your mod and now got the following error.

Notice: Undefined variable: inmuto_affiliate_ignore_class in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44Notice: Undefined variable: inmuto_affiliate_ignore_class in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44Notice: Undefined variable: inmuto_affiliate_ignore_class in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/houseofsensuality.be/dev/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php on line 44

Any suggestions?