Post by g0kh4n » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Block my license code, I won't pay for support. Worst experience ever.

The best way is blocking the license and make refund. Because I will never use this module, I decided to buy another one with free support.

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:57 am

According to BrilliantWeb (below) this software is not compatible with Mijoshop. I also installed the Aceshop files and found that this software breaks the entire cart (page just goes white). Since I just bought the software 12 hours ago can I get a refund? Or can I give access to the site login so you can try to fix this?

I also cannot afford programming. Thank you

Perhaps someone else knows of a product tab that works with Mijoshop?
I took the AceShop files, tweaked them (changed AceShop to MijoShop).
The addition of a new tab in the module now completed (used to just have the "wait" animation).

All tab parameters can be set and saved except for "Overwrite".
This open defaults to "selected products" and cannot be changed.

If you leave it on default, and then select specific products, the selection does not stick.
However, the default is applied to the products, and shows up on the public display.

With the tweaked AceShop files, however, the field to add the tab content to a specific product has now gone away.
This could be due to a new version of Joomla since you created the AceShop files.
Here is the VQMod log

*******************************Fri.log********************************
---------- Date: 2013-01-25 15:46:06 ~ IP : 127.0.0.1 ----------
REQUEST URI : /ecommerce/administrator/index.php?option=com_mijoshop&route=catalog/product/update&token=69196ab3a7e278f5c0b883e3970a2b38&product_id=30
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : C:\wamp\www\ecommerce\components\com_mijoshop\opencart\vqmod\xml\custom_product_tab.xml
id : Add a extra tabs to product page with the same functionality as description tab
version : 1.1.3 - MijoShop 1.4.x compatible
vqmver : 2.1.6
author : rmg
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): submitform(pressbutton);

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So close!

Installation works
Adding new tabs almost works perfectly
Adding default tab content works
Adding custom tab descriptions per product does not

Regards
Brendon

p.s. I can't afford to pay for you to update the files. However, I will make a tutorial on "custom tabs for MijoShop" and share it with the MijoShop and Joomla communities.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:36 am

Unfortunately I cannot give refunds on this, because the extension description does not state the extension to be compatible with MijoShop. If you had doubts, then you should have asked before making the purchase.
As MijoShop is a third party extension I can offer paid support for it.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 am

Every software plugin/extension that I've ever bought the developer at least does his best to tries to fix compatibility issues. Mijoshop is becoming increasingly popular. You will then have a much better software to sell.

Can you then at least attempt to make it work?

I did not read anything in your product description that says: "Does not work with Mijoshop". If this was a known issue (and it seems it was), should you not add that to your product description?

I apologize, I did not have the foresight to hunt through a long forum to find this issue before buying.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 am

My extension is fully compatible with OpenCart, however, please keep in mind that MijoShop nor AceShop are OpenCart. They make substantial changes to OpenCart and furthermore, they are not free.

You do not have to read through a long forum thread nor the comments section. All the relevant information is provided on the extension description area, because that is the one please that each customer should read through before making a purchase. There are hundreds of extensions out there, many of which are probably even more popular that MijoShop or AceShop which are not compatible with this extension. I am not aware of them all, so the description page lists what the extension is known to be compatible with.
From BrilliantWeb posts I understood that he was able to use the AceShop patch with slight modifications and the big issues came from conflict with another installed vqmod extension.

Although MijoShop may be becoming increasingly popular, the overall customer base interested in the MijoShop integration is still less than 5%.

Yes, I am willing to help you, but as as this is not an OpenCart issue, but a MijoShop issue, I can provide commercial support.
Last edited by bull5-i on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 am

Sir, what you are doing is very unethical and you know it. You knew perfectly well that your your extension is not compatible with Mijoshop but failed to post that in your product description. If it was a lapse, then that is understandable so in that case you should offer a refund. All successful businesses do this and succeed in the long run because they are happy people helping people.

As others have noted in this forum, you do not offer any free support. My guess is that your business model will slowly fail until you discover your conscience.

Good luck in your journey through life. One day you will find that it is not all about tricking people into buying your products.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 am

What you are doing is not ethical either. You do not buy a car without reading its specifications first and just hoping that it has 500 HP only to find out after making the purchase that it only has 450 HP. You cannot return the car to the dealer on that basis. You should have asked before making the purchase. If you are in such a hurry to make the purchase, then this is the cost you have to live with because you are taking the risks.
You may always leave a comment and ask if you are uncertain about a feature or compatibility. I do answer to the comments relatively quickly, you can see that from the previous comments.

As for the free support, it is provided for the default OpenCart installation and it covers extension issues which are not related to third party extensions. Solving issues related to third party extensions will require additional fees, because the extension price does not cover my expenses for customization.

I hope you see my point as well.

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 am

Do you plan on adding "not compatible with Mijoshop" somewhere on the description? Or will you conveniently continue to leave that out to sucker in more buyers.

If not, then it would be like a used car salesman not telling a potential customer about the transmission that needs to be repaired immediately.

You have an ethical obligation to make all know bugs and limitations easy to find before someone buys.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:43 am

It has been added as of now.

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 am

Thank you! Now all Joomla/Mijo users will not be duped from this point forward!

I feel like a civil rights activist who just successfully fought for generations to come!

I may have sacrificed my life (my $20) in this cause, but the cause was just and therefore worth it!

March on CMS brothers wherever you are .... Do not despair for today we have won!

(By the way, since you are remedying the situation does that not imply that you were wrong in the first place and therefore I should warrant a refund : )

I promise that I will post here that you did the right thing and not give you poor reviews everywhere I can : )

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 am

You purchased the extension hoping for a feature that was not advertised, thus I cannot give you a refund. If in doubt, ask before making the purchase - may that be your lesson for the next time.

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 am

By now adding the provision, you are admitting wrong doing.

Please explain how that does not warrant a refund?

Post by rebdog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 am

beyondthenet wrote:By now adding the provision, you are admitting wrong doing.

Hi

Actually I think that you (the buyer) are wrong, the vast majority of extensions will not work with MijoShop or AceShop.

All any seller can warrant is that their extension will work with the default Opencart install without any other extensions installed. So unless the seller specifically states that it works with your extension or theme then you should ask first.

The seller made it very clear in the description (before it was changed) that anything other than a default install with the default theme may require paid support. And that is fair enough the $US20 fee you paid (and remember the seller only gets approximately $US15 of that) could not possibly cover support costs for every theme with every extension you choose.

Your attitude is unreasonable, you should have asked before purchasing you need to accept some responsibility for your actions. In future before you purchase any extension you need to ask if it will work with your non-standard 'Opencart'

Do you really think for the $US15 the seller is getting paid, you (the buyer) should get 'unlimited' support to get the extension working with any theme or other extension.

If you do think that, then I suggest you think again as if developers were required to give such support then the costs of extension would increase very substantially.

Finally, if the seller refunded you they would be out of pocket, as the fee the seller paid to Opencart is not refundable to the seller, so what you are asking is for the seller to be out of pocket $US5 for the error you made in NOT ASKING FIRST.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 pm

beyondthenet wrote:By now adding the provision, you are admitting wrong doing.

I am not admitting that I did anything wrong. I am merely forthcoming to future clients such as you who do not ask before making the purchase. This however is not a justified behavior and will not be a reason enough to give refunds. Otherwise I could go around, purchase every possible extension I deem to like. Then come up with a feature, not explicitly listed on the extension page, and ask for a refund because I hoped that the extension had that feature.

Thanks reddog for your support on this dispute : )
Last edited by bull5-i on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by beyondthenet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Sounds like one used car salesman supporting another. "No siree, no problem here. You did not read the small print. Your fault the car broke 12 hours after you bought it. My buddy Bull5 is a real stand up guy."

The fact is that you knew that the extension did not work and failed to make this easily viewable to a prospective buyer. I just went to your product page and still do not see the warning to Mijoshop users. Perhaps you hid it somewhere in small print somewhere to keep making money unethically?

I've been a big Joomla user and never once found this type of deceptive behavior. I am new to Opencart and hope that this community is not any different.

Does Opencart have any self-policing? Does anyone know of any way to get a refund. I don't mind getting $15 back to cover the programmers costs.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 pm

It is clearly stated on the extension page, with the same font size as all the other text. You obviously did not take a look at the correct extension.

OpenCart does not give refunds in your case, because you made the mistake of not asking. I can repeat again, MijoShop is not OpenCart, it is just another third party extension as any other extension on OC extensions store which can conflict with any number of other extensions. You cannot expect all extensions to work with each other without a conflict out of the box nor expect that the developer is aware of all the possible conflicts.

Where on earth have you seen a car advertisement listing all the feature that one particular car does not have out of a infinite list of possible car features. That is why only the features the particular car has are listed! I myself have never seen a car sales advertisement saying this car does not have an air bag, ceramic breaks, roof window, parking aid, air conditioning, heated seats .... This is because the list is never ending. If you have questions on a particular feature you direct them to the sales person before buying the car, because that is why he/she is there.

Post by giakpha » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:51 pm

I just buy your extension but i have custom temlpate and don't work.I need your help

Post by bull5-i » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 pm

giakpha wrote:I just buy your extension but i have custom temlpate and don't work.I need your help
Please see the provided documentation, there is a section on custom theme integration.

Post by nimrodeshel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 am

ahawkins41 wrote:Hello Bull5,

I just purchased and installed this extension and received the following error:

Notice: Error: Unknown column 't.sort_order' in 'order clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT t.*, tn.name AS name FROM product_tab t LEFT JOIN product_tab_name tn ON (t.tab_id = tn.tab_id) WHERE tn.language_id = '1'ORDER BY t.sort_order ASC in .../system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I sent an email to your support email as well. Can you assist me with this. Much appreciation in advance.
Any chance you can divulge how you managed to sort this issue out, as I'm haing the exact same issue
I tried to delete the SQL table "product_tab" (which removed only its content...) and now CPT Pro will not function at all, I'm getting:
Notice: Error: Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
INSERT INTO product_tab (tab_id, sort_order, status, editable) VALUES (1, 10, 1, 0), (2, 20, 1, 0), (3, 30, 1, 0), (4, 40, 1, 0) in /home4/DOMAIN/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 50
Please help

Post by bull5-i » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:09 pm

You need to uninstall CPT PRO and manually remove the "product_tab" SQL table (not just delete the content, but drop the table). Your current "product_tab" table is a relict from another extension and it has incompatible table structure. After removing it, re-install the extension.