Post by ihpalash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:48 am

hello everyone. It's really unnecessary to speak the importance of OC(open cart) in our life. It's becoming more popular than ever before with it's powerful CMS and system. :banana: I been working on open cart for several months and found it really amazing. Great work OC team. We owe you guys from our deepest heart.
But it's really sad to note that this forum is full of problems with open cart. Most of them are related with custom and premium themes or module. If a guy build a module and upload it for free then he will see that the comments are about not working , also thanks for such module. This is really sad.
The theme problem is like mount everest. Like the sticky post, it's really difficult to run modules on premium themes such shoppica, sellegance. I, myself even had many difficulties for shoppica. Let me tell you a funny story.
a few days ago i bought shoppica and used it for my site. i was developing my site by xampp. there was some API issues, so was developing in my pc. the shopicca theme was doing great, but when i began to edit my site's information i found an error, it was: i saw empty region drop box on checkout page. I google and found solution but still it was occuring cause i was using latest version. so what to do, i had to rebuild all thing just to get out from shoppica.
Just like this many modules don't work even a slightest thing change. It's really annoying. :bash:
In fine i just want open cart team to keep in mind some things if they are currently developing another version of opencart
1) OC team should make a great impact on OC modules, cause it's so risky to copy and replace. I think OC should make browse and delete system so that site can be stable and responsive, Just like as OSclass and wordpress plugin system.
2) all themes should be made to work along all versions. What done is done. Now they have to follow sticky post's rules.
i think by following OC's default system a nice and professional theme can be made without any bug or error.
3) OC should take care of the user permission system as it's a important one. Now many developers are working together to develop a ecommerce site. So it's really important to give permission to user group to see or to modify. The default OC system is full of faults. http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5342 this module can be come along with the next OC version.
4) custom payment system should be introduced. And documentation should be make on how to use local bank creadit cart as payment system.
5) Custom field should be used in the data of the product information.
6) a documentation should be made on how to use SMS api for OC.
7) admin panel should be live. If a order made, the system should be live . So that the admin can see order in real time without refreshing the page.
8) OC email templates should be made to customize,
9) the modules should be more powerfull and good to skip the crash and errors.
10) every page of OC must be customizable.
11) Customer can see the order id in the checkout finish page.

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
at last i hope the customization that i have told should be made for the sake of the future of OC. I hope OC become the most powerfull open source ecommerce in 2013
thanks

Post by labeshops » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 am

The biggest problem is themes like shoppica deviating so far from the opencart standard template mod creators have to do separate "shoppica" versions just to make it work with them. Stick to most other themes that do use standard opencart conventions and you have no problems.

Most of the other things you want are already included via extensions or so limited in scope that most people wouldn't need them. That is why extensions exist and opencart is open source - you can customize it any way you want, but the standard features are really enough for most users.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by ihpalash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:53 pm

right. but the modules that cause sometimes heavy change in the codes which is really dangerous as there is no way to undo the codes. OC team should make modules like wordpress. So that that can be secure. now we just copy on another folders.
also shoppica is really good for effective designs but not good to conduct a professional site as there's also a lot of others modules to work along. Other modules stop working for the sake of shoppica or what so ever.
in fine The OC 1.5.5.1 is not so stable for using numerous modules.
labeshops wrote:The biggest problem is themes like shoppica deviating so far from the opencart standard template mod creators have to do separate "shoppica" versions just to make it work with them. Stick to most other themes that do use standard opencart conventions and you have no problems.
agree with you
Most of the other things you want are already included via extensions or so limited in scope that most people wouldn't need them. That is why extensions exist and opencart is open source - you can customize it any way you want, but the standard features are really enough for most users.
yes but even a little effective module should not be used as commercial. by the way Magneto has a competition with OC. S i think to deliver awesome and good feature OC should make a great change both on how to use modules and making the modules.

Post by rph » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Take a look at vQmod.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by ihpalash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 pm

great module VQmod manager.

Post by ihpalash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm

i have just downgraded to 1.5.2.1 to run shoppica. but god why don't you kill me??? even in this compitable version i am having the carousle problem. What kind of stupid theme is shoppica? Who made it? i am just having errors continiously

Post by ase618 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 pm

If you are having constant problems with Shoppica then why don't you just get rid of it? It is known to be a horrible theme if you have any extensions installed. 1.5.5.1 is the lateset development version, its going to have bugs in it. Is there a feature in it that you just have to have? I believe 1.5.4 is compatible with Shoppica, is there a reason you can't use it?

artisantool.co
Don't forget to add [SOLVED] to your Thread Title (first post), if your issue is solved.

Post by ihpalash » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm

there is no specific reason. Even if you edit your contact or general information shoppica crash. any way i am using magento now and it's good. but its module prices are fucking. but it has all features that i wanted.

Post by ase618 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm

ihpalash wrote:there is no specific reason.
Then why did you downgrade to a version that was a year older, if there wasn't any reason not to use a newer better featured version?
ihpalash wrote:Even if you edit your contact or general information shoppica crash.
problem with a crappy theme, not Opencart
ihpalash wrote:any way i am using magento now and it's good. but its module prices are fucking. but it has all features that i wanted.
I believe you were warned about the extension prices with Magento in another thread. If it works for you and you're happy than everything is well:smile:

artisantool.co
Don't forget to add [SOLVED] to your Thread Title (first post), if your issue is solved.