Post by rakoom2002 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

I need an extension or module to be able to do the following, any recommendations:

I drop ship all my products and have multiple vendors. When a customer orders I need some sort of shipping module to calculate the shipping cost based on which vendor theyre ordering from. Since different items will ship from different locations itll need to calculate on the fly based on which vendor it is shipping from.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 pm

If by "vendor" you mean manufacturer (as in, a single manufacturer per product) and your rates are formula-based (such as a weight formula or volume formula) then you could use Manufacturer-Based Shipping (http://www.opencartx.com/manufacturer-based-shipping).

If you're trying to utilize live rates like USPS or UPS, though, I believe you'll need to have someone write a custom solution for you.

If you're trying to utilize live rates like USPS or UPS, Ultimate Shipping can combine live rates for different product groups. If you want to show different shipping options for each group of products, you can use Individual Shipping.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by rakoom2002 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 am

basically I want to do this:

Assign products to Vendor Or Manufacturer. Say I have Vendor A,B,C

I enter The locations for vendors a,b, and c somehwere.

when the user checks out the module will automatically calculate shipping costs based on what shipping method they want and where they are and where the product is coming from.

Customer Purchases a product from vendor A and vendor B they pick ups ground, the module calculates shipping costs from vendor a and b to their location and totals them for a total shipping cost.

Post by rakoom2002 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm

thank you

Post by Bnegrete » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Rakoom2002!

Did you find a Solution for your question about calcutating shipping costs with different vendors?

I'm looking for a tool, plugin, extension... To do exactly what you needed!

Thanks so much un advance!!

Regards

Post by Johnathan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Well, you can do it with Individual Shipping, but it shows a shipping cost for each individual manufacturer group. I'm working on something that will allow you to combine different live rates for different product groups, but due to the complexity, I'm not sure when it will be done.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:55 am

It's now done: Ultimate Shipping

Administrator

Post by bolson67 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 am

Hello,

With your ultimate shipping, can I get live rates based off of multiple ship from location?

Let's say I sold furniture and have 4 warehouses across the USA. I want all orders going to New York, New Jersey, Mass, New Hampshire, etc. to ship from New Jersey and all orders going to California, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, etc. to ship from Los Angeles.

Can your extension allow me to define the states that are to be serviced by the nearest warehouse and get live rates based off the nearest warehouse to their shop to address?

Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Yes, Ultimate Shipping can do that. It can use your other shipping methods (including UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc.) to calculate the charges, as well as change those extension's settings before requesting their rates.

Take a look at the "setting up dropshipping for different manufacturers" example on this page, which should give you an idea of how to set it up:

http://www.getclearthinking.com/ultimate-shipping

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Administrator

Post by michaelsen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:23 am

That looks like an amazing shipping module.
One question.. Many suppliers have a minimum fee if your order don't reach their minimum requirement.

ie, if their minimum order requirement is $50 and I only order for $35, they will add a $3 order fee.

Is this something Ultimate shipping can handle as it is now or maybe something you could implement?

I know this is not directly shipping related, but your extension would probably be the right place to add it.

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes, Ultimate Shipping can handle that, as long as you want it wrapped into the shipping cost. What you would do is set up two charges for that manufacturer: one that gets the rate, and then adjusts it by $3 (for under $50), and one that just gets the rate. For example:

RATE #1
Group: A
Charge Type: UPS
Charge Field: UPS Ground
Rule: Total of cart = 0-49.99
Rule: Adjust final charge 3.00

RATE #2
Group: A
Charge Type: UPS
Charge Field: UPS Ground
Rule: Total of cart = 50-99999