Post by Shark » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 am

Daniel wrote: i have been told by many template developers that opencarts template system is one of the best to work with.

if its not broke don't fix it.
It's not broken but parts of it look like it's written in the nineties (front-end wise)
Last edited by Shark on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Haarlem

Post by Shark » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 am

Besides if you argue like that you should have stopped at OC 1.0....
There is always room for improvement.

Location - Haarlem

Post by Iamdbat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 am

Is there going to be a 1.6? by the looks of things there isn't

Post by rph » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 am

You can follow OpenCart development at https://github.com/opencart/opencart

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by syednayab » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Feature suggestions for One click kinda of users (ofcourse its Me ).
i am not saying it has to be exact thing...but its not bad to be a little bit inspired by great people or great works...
1) Theme Regions - Drupal (Incase you want to add a block on the Home page(saying we are in process of Building the site or new offer is available ) (WSYWIG Editor ) "
2) Theme editor - Wordpress (Custom CSS Regions - so it doesnt messup with the Actual CSS )
3) Some Drag and Drop Feature- (Again wordpress in Back End )
4) One click Updater (Wordpress )
5) Less effect on the themes ( So we dont have to upgrade every time Opencart is updated (Again in wordpress theme doesnt break after upgrading the system-after 2.8 i guess)

Cheeers
Syed

Life is a Gift! and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more......

Location - Mumbai India

Post by iSenseLabs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 pm

botonakis wrote:
  • Number of reviews, next to the stars
  • Daily Deals
  • Import / Export system from csv/excel
  • Export orders to PDF.
  • Better Charts
There are already a couple of solutions allowing you to import/export products. I can personally recommend ExcelPort, which does a full field import/export and is the most sophisticated in the field. We released it yesterday after our customers begging us to do a one in all module that does the job. Here is a link at the OpenCart extension store http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10197

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by hypemedia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 pm

What I will love to see is:

1. Better variations support with SKU, several pictures and product packages (more products grouped as a single product with sku and stock management). We are working on an extension but is hard to integrate with the core.

2. Support for multi-language SEO URL and the possibility to have the admin in a language and the store front in an other without the need to activate several languages. For example I want to have the store in english but the admin in danish without having the danish active for the fornt end.

3. Somehow improve the plugin system. Right now Vqmode is great but as the platform evolves there are going to be a lot of major changes. Our store solutions has over 10 vqmode extensions developed in house that need to be changed an all major versions upgrades. The last upgrade was a hell. Vqmode is amazing but it is a pain to work with it. We have considered several times to just fork a Opencart version and work from there without vqmode.

4. Conditional actions. The best example of conditional actions is implemented by the Ubercart ecommerce. Somebody like that in the core will be amazing.

As a general observation for a developer there it is more important to have solid core function that we can build on more amazing functions than just to get a few functions that we can write in 3 days.

Post by OC2PS » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:35 am

Rewards points emails should be sent in customer's language, not admin's language.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by Sidecutter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 am

I've got just one suggestion: Remove the IP blocking capability. IP blocking is effectively useless, as most ISPs use dynamic IP addresses for their customers, meaning that a "banned" customer will be back in a fairly short time, if they are so inclined. IP blocking also has the unfortunate effect of prevent a welcome new customer who may receive that banned IP in the future from shopping with you.

Post by pedro1993 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 am

I strongly disagree with Shark. I think that OpenCarts template system works very well, and the default template is clean and works well across all desktop browsers.

My only slight critisism would be the list/grid structure. At the moment if the user switches from list to grid it dynamically changes the HTML code using some JavaScript. It works well however from a developers point of view, it can be a bit of a nightmare to build VQMods. I understand this won't be on the top of your list, but it will be nice to see a better way of switching from list/grid.

Keep up the good work ;),
Peter

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by derek412 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 am

If it hasn't been mentioned, please make the default Search more robust. The default one is barely functional really, and many ecommerce sites rely on search for customers to find what they're looking for. I had to download (and pay for) two modules to get it operating the way it should have out of the box.

Post by titusel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi to all,

I didn't saw a module about bundle or group of products sale system.

For example: bundle 1: 100$ (product 1 50$ + product 2 45$ + product 3 25$ ) get it now with 20% off from 120$

I know that Magento has this feature, but will be a great and a plus to opencart as well. I get more often this request from my clients.

Location - Bucharest, Romania

Post by rxalex » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 am

Excellent program!! Requested features

Can you add cost price into the core, also one page order viewing and predefined messages for each order status.

thanks

Post by aldoanizio » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Please add a variable to return the payment_code and encripted order ID in this files:
catalog/model/account/order.php
catalog/model/checkout/order.php
catalog/controller/account/order.php

In some cases we need to add one rebillet function if the order is not finished yet.

I've made this with vqmod but if we have this in the core would be great. It's is a small feature but very helpfull.

Code: Select all

<file name="catalog/model/account/order.php">
	<operation error="skip">
		<search position="after"><![CDATA[
					'payment_method'          => $order_query->row['payment_method'],
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA['payment_code'          => $order_query->row['payment_code'],]]></add>
	</operation>
	<operation error="skip">
		$template->data['payment_method'] = $order_info['payment_method'];
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA[
		$template->data['payment_code'] = $order_query->row['payment_code'];
		]]></add>
	</operation>	
</file>
<file name="catalog/model/checkout/order.php">
	<operation error="skip">
		'payment_method'          => $order_query->row['payment_method'],
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA['payment_code'          => $order_query->row['payment_code'],]]></add>
	</operation>
	<operation error="skip">
		<search position="after"><![CDATA[$template->data['order_id'] = $order_id;]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA[
		$this->load->library('encryption');
		$encryption = new Encryption($this->config->get('config_encryption'));
		$template->data['order_id_encryption'] = $encryption->encrypt($order_id);
		]]></add>
	</operation>

<operation error="skip">
		$template->data['payment_method'] = $order_info['payment_method'];
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA[
		$template->data['payment_code'] = $order_info['payment_code'];
		]]></add>
	</operation>	
</file>
<file name="catalog/controller/account/order.php">
	<operation error="skip">
		$order_info = $this->model_account_order->getOrder($order_id);
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA[
		$this->load->library('encryption');
		$encryption = new Encryption($this->config->get('config_encryption'));
		$this->data['order_id_encryption'] = $encryption->encrypt($order_id);
		]]></add>
	</operation>
	<operation error="skip">
					$this->data['payment_method'] = $order_info['payment_method'];
		]]></search>
		<add><![CDATA[
		$this->data['payment_code'] = $order_info['payment_code'];
		]]></add>
	</operation>				
</file>
Thanks and Congratulations for the 1.5.5.1 version.

Post by hancre » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm

I hope that product name and SKU would be displayed for easy order management.

If possible, I hope that product images would be displayed like ebay selling manager pro.

H
I've been looking opencart extensions for that.

but it seems that there's NO extension.

It's really important for every sellers.

Please add this feature to opencart 1.6.x or more ASAP.

Post by burley » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I've posted it before, but OC desperately needs

- dependent options
- option stock control

And whats more important! It needs the ability to make a difference in an order to mark an item as "Shipped" and thus calculate it on the invoice, or "backorder" (or something similair) and not have it calculate it on the invoice. And (semi) automatically create a new order for that customer containing the items marked as backorder.

To explain in further detail:
Suppose an order is placed which contains 10 products, of which 8 are on stock and 2 will not be available for 3 weeks. If I would want to ship the 8 items now, I have 2 choices;

a. Create an invoice for all 10, and have the customer pay it even though only 8 will be shipped (or have the customer partially pay the invoice and have him do his own math..).
b. Delete the 2 items which are in backorder from the order, create an invoice/ship it. And create a new order for the remaining 2 products.

Both solutions create severall problems, as you can imagine. I would choose the 2nd one, but if we are talking about 100+ products and several orders for multiple customers things will get uncontrollable very quick.

Post by dunks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 pm

sort product in module feature (drag n drop) would be great

Ingat Gadget, Ingat DroidLime https://www.droidlime.com/

Location - Jakarta - Indonesia

Post by Shark » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

pedro1993 wrote:I strongly disagree with Shark. I think that OpenCarts template system works very well, and the default template is clean and works well across all desktop browsers.
You are probally not a front-end developer. It might work well, but that doesn't mean a thing. It is possible to build a ridiculous site that still works in all browsers (table-layout, obsolete code, non-semantic, etc). And if you look at the code it's anything but clean. Besides the way it's set up now it lacks (css) flexibility it easily could have had.

Location - Haarlem