Post by Mr.Vaz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:10 am

Hello all,

I have a simple question.
I want to make the 'grid' view when showing the products default instead of the 'list' view.

Does anyone know's how to fix this real quick?

Thanks!

Post by jamesbil » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am

i want to do the same

Post by ChetanCx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 am

open catalog/view/theme/your_theme/product/category.tpl
find lines

Code: Select all

if (view) {
	display(view);
} else {
	display('list');
}
replace with

Code: Select all

if (view) {
	display(view);
} else {
	display('grid');
}

Post by WilliamBD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 am

I thought changing the core was not advisable? Would it be better to use VQMOD and create a search and replace XML file? This way the core does not get changed.

I appreciate this is just a simple change but when it comes time to update the core files again you may not remember.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by ChetanCx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 am

WilliamBD wrote:I thought changing the core was not advisable? Would it be better to use VQMOD and create a search and replace XML file? This way the core does not get changed.

I appreciate this is just a simple change but when it comes time to update the core files again you may not remember.
obviously vqmod is preferable and highly recommended, and you are supposed do it through vQmod , but you can't expect me (or other users ) to provide answer in vqmod format...

Post by WilliamBD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:06 pm

ChetanCx wrote:obviously vqmod is preferable and highly recommended, and you are supposed do it through vQmod , but you can't expect me (or other users ) to provide answer in vqmod format...
I do not mean to sound like 'one of those guys' but why not?

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:

Post by ChetanCx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:53 pm

WilliamBD wrote: I do not mean to sound like 'one of those guys' but why not?
"why not" what ?

Post by WilliamBD » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Why not provide a vqmod answer alongside the other answer?

Post by ChetanCx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 pm

WilliamBD wrote:Why not provide a vqmod answer alongside the other answer?
good question, you know its a community forums no one is being paid to answer , everyone is providing answers on their free time , without any incentive . if you want vqmod , try to make it yourself, then ask for problems you are facing or commercial support is always there.