Post by Tromas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 am

Standard cookie time is 30 days, and this can be changed in index.php.

But will the affiliates get paid only for the first sale, or any sale made within 30 days?

Customer clicks link - buy products - afiliate get paid.
Customer comes back 25 days later - buys product - affiliate get paid/not paid?

Anbefalt vibrator
Dildo i glass og metall
Myke sex leketøy i silikon

Post by Tromas » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:18 am

I can give more examples

Customer clicks affiliate link and registers an account immediately. But he doesn't buy anything before 50 days. Will this trigger affiliate commission?

Anyone who can give me a detailed overvew of the built in affiliate module? ???

Anbefalt vibrator
Dildo i glass og metall

Post by xds » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I haven't looked at the opencart affiliate system, but judging by the most most other affiliate systems work the affiliate will only get credit while the cookie is valid. Registering an account won't link them to a referrer so in your 50 day example the affiliate wouldn't get credit. What you are asking about seems more like a persistent referral system where you link a client to a referrer.

Thanks for 1.5!

xds

Post by SXGuy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 pm

xds wrote:I haven't looked at the opencart affiliate system, but judging by the most most other affiliate systems work the affiliate will only get credit while the cookie is valid. Registering an account won't link them to a referrer so in your 50 day example the affiliate wouldn't get credit. What you are asking about seems more like a persistent referral system where you link a client to a referrer.
Kinda yes and no.

If the affiliate product link is used to buy the product, regardless of when its used, the affiliate will receive comission,

However it has nothing to do with session cookies, its only to do with whether a customer buys a product using the affiliate link provided.

Post by Tromas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Kinda yes and no.

If the affiliate product link is used to buy the product, regardless of when its used, the affiliate will receive comission,

However it has nothing to do with session cookies, its only to do with whether a customer buys a product using the affiliate link provided.
I don't allow guest check out btw.

If a customer follows an affiliate link and registers an account. Then 40 days later he follows a new affiliate link and buys a product. Will that trigger comission? ???

If a customer clicks on affiliate links from two different affiliate sites, which site will get the cookie and therefore the comission?

Anbefalt vibrator
Dildo i glass og metall

Post by Gorilla » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 am

i'm curious about this as well

i'm changing my cookies from what i read was 1000 days to 45days via the index.php line setcookie('tracking', $request->get['tracking'], time() + 3600 * 24 * 45, '/');

So wen some follows a link they get a cookie from that link which will last 45days.

• example 1: you click on link on day 1 + you place order on day 44 = affiliate gets commission
  • example 2: you click on link on day 1 + you place order on day 10, and then on day 40 = affiliate gets commission for both orders
  • example 3: you click on link on day 1 + you place order on day 10, and then on day 56 = affiliate gets commission on 1st order not 2nd order
  • example 4: you click on link on day 1 + cookie expires after 40days + then you click on same link again on day 60 + you place order on day 66, affiliate gets commission as a new cookie was created
  • example 5: you click on link on day 1 + never order + click again on day 40 + order on day 60 = affiliate gets commission as you refreshed cookie on day 40?
  • example 1: you click on link on day 1 + never order + click on another link from a different affiliate on day 30 + order on day 40= which affiliate gets commission
i'm curious how the affiliate system works for each of these examples

mike = http://www.gorillagear.ca

Post by ocmta » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 am

Examples 1-4 are correct.

Example 5: if you mean that "click again on day 40" is before the original cookie expired, then affiliate won't get commission, since the cookie is not refreshed when you repeatedly click the link until the cookie is expired.

Example 6: if "order on day 40" happens before the original (day 1) cookie expires, then affiliate 1 gets commission, otherwise nobody gets commission, click on day 30 is ignored.

Extensions for affiliates (openCart 1, 2, 3):
Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System
Customer and Affiliate Accounts Combined into one Account
Affiliate Tracking with Coupons
Discount for Referred Customers - Order Total
Type Tracking Code
Mass Pay
Affiliate Transactions for openCart 3
Affiliate Pack X - all modules with 40% discount

Post by Gorilla » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 am

thank you very much for clearing that up

mike = http://www.gorillagear.ca