Post by iSenseLabs » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 pm

I kinda do not understand why people post themes that have been out for a while and are already for sale on their websites. Competition in general is always defined by a set of rules, which I believe were made clear enough after a few iterations. Further on my point, I see companies promoting their themes that have been released, sold and a part of their strenuous marketing agenda. Don't get me wrong here, there are some really good themes! I just don't think that when Daniel and the team touched the point of exposure they meant this - in your face/brick and mortar marketing. The morals behind a competition, per se is to build something unique, unseen and yet be judged by the panel of juries. Alas, this will awe, excite and prove a engagement, preparation and time spent, rather than overexpose the idea of themes that are pushed out on a conveyer.

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 am

I submited to.

Will it be an issue that the template is compatible with latest version 1.5.5.x instead of 1.5.4?

Also I added some other modules to pages. Its not a contraint for the users to add them, I added them to show the displaying of the product modules in columns.

Expert Member

Post by GeeHim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 am

exactweb wrote:
GeeHim wrote: Image
Looks like somebody has just learnt how to use drop shadow, no offence but this text on the banner looks horrible.
Yeah I agree :) Just slapped something together quickly as a test

Kind regards,

GeeHim Siu
Open Cart Support

Post by santolla » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am

I'm dying to know who won!!!

Post by settysantu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

santolla wrote:I'm dying to know who won!!!
We have to wait till monday, to know who won.

Location - Hyderabad, India

Post by iSenseLabs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm

We, iSenseLabs, would like to thank OpenCart for the opportunity to participate in the January theme competition. It was a thrilling experience for us as a team, as this is the first competition we took part in.

Hours before the deadline, we were still tweaking and testing in order to make sure everything works perfect. With the finishing touches and getting the images ready, which was around 10 PM local time, deadline day, as a quirk of fate our hosting provider let us down, so our demo as well as the half-baked pictures handcuffed us and left us at a dead end. We called the hosting provider immediately and they replied that something big has happened and added that the colleagues are working to fix it. So it goes. Agitated, we found ourselves in a zeitnot. We did not have much to do left, than sip whiskey and cheer with our team. The next 30 mins we were more anxious than laidback, as they usually are when we are having those sorts or feasts. Without any news from the hosting company we thought that our hard work has gone with the wind, but then things turned around again and the hosting revived from ashes and we were able to publish the theme and upload the pictures. Later we found that they did not upload the way we intended, however, the demo was accessible.

Fast forward to the Feb, 6th, our responsive theme MultiStore, won the 1st price for the theme design competition hosted by OpenCart. This means a lot to us and gives us sense to believe that what we are doing is important. Thank you guys!

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by vimal » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:30 am

Congratulations! Great theme...
I am wondering who won the 2nd and 3rd price.

www.beeshop.se
Starta webbshop, Starta e-butik, Starta e-handel

Location - Sweden

Post by raymondization » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 pm

In 3rd Place:

Diablos by themeglobal

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 53#p376873

in 2nd Place:

Cart Maniac Responsive theme by themeweaverz

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p378499

OpenCart®
PHP Developer.
更多中文教學在 OpenCart香港官方網站 !
QQ: 2039574815

Post by hussachai » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 am

If the work is under GPL v2, that work cannot be sold.
The work should be available for download publicly without cost.
However, the owner has full right to give his/her work any licenses.
The problem is that the competition's rule clearly indicated that
"All template files must be licensed under the GNU/GPL version 2."
It implies that the work must be under GPL v2 in order to be eligible for consideration.
By the way, I think the person who ran the competition is able to change the rule also.
So, it doesn't matter what the rule is, they can find the best way for them.

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm

the gpl rule was a mistake. geehim added it. i did not wan to restrict anyones work. sorry. competition number 2 is out. you can sign up here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ion/insert

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator