Post by monkeyingaround » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to OpenCart, I'm using it to sell goods via a drop shipper. They have a live updated CSV and XML feed for their stock, I would like to link this to my products stock.

Can anyone recommend an extension to do this or is this a custom coding job?

Many thanks,

Adrian

Post by monkeyingaround » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I guess the quicker way of asking this is, is there a module to synchronise stock with my suppliers XML/CSV feed?

Cheers

Post by 1980something » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm interested in the same thing. There appears to be no extensions that can update just certain information about products based on a csv file. The biggest problem we have is memory limits on the server (even though we have a dedicated server).

We have thousands of products with thousands of options, but uploading a stock file using something like the import/export tool overwrites everything, so we can't simply change the stock levels and ignore the product info. It's a daily stock update which is the issue. I would be interested to know if there are any extensions that can update just stock levels.

Post by hostjars » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply to this, it is hard to monitor the forums at times.

We have two products that would basically offer to do exactly this. The CSV Import PRO and the Total Import PRO. Both allow you to set up a CSV file import from URL or just directly via file. The Total Import PRO also allows this process to be automated and scheduled once set up. They are available at the links in the signature. Both are also available for full testing at our demo store demo.hostjars.com/admin

If you have any questions or concerns just contact us via the contact form on our site and we will be sure to address any issues.

Mods: Total Import PRO | Any Feed PRO | XML Input PRO |
CSV Import PRO

Post by Marsel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 pm

drop ship products can be easily added to your store database via file2cart ext. it will work for you, if you need to upgrade your product catalog as well.

Post by gailnmalc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi, i'm new to this forum and had an xml feed inserted into my site by my hosts but am getting an error code on product import. Notice: Undefined index: keyword in /home/shop/public_html/admin/model/catalog/product.php on line 113. I have checked line 113 and it says if ($data['keyword']) {. Please can anybody advise me. Thanks in advance.

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 pm

You can try changing that to

Code: Select all

if (isset($data['keyword'])) {

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by gailnmalc » Sat May 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Thank you so much uksitebuilder, that bits now working :D, I have another query though, i have seen another notice (Notice: Undefined variable: entry_out_of_stock) on line 62, <td><?php echo $entry_out_of_stock; ?></td> is there any advice you could give me on this one too please. Tia.

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun May 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi

That error seems to relate to an extension, add-on or theme that you have installed.

You would need to contact the developer of that extension/theme regarding the issue.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by gailnmalc » Mon May 29, 2017 12:15 am

Thanks again for your help uksitebuilder. I will try again with my hosts who inserted the feed last April/May time and i have been chasing them since then to get this feed rectified, with no joy. Will try them again anyway, but your help is very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Post by gailnmalc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:20 am

(5 months later and still no response from hosts!!!)
Found i have 3 errors in total -

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: entry_out_of_stock in /home/shop/public_html/admin/view/template/tool/feed on line 62 (<td><?php echo $entry_out_of_stock; ?></td>
<td>)

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: stock_status_selections in /home/shop/public_html/admin/view/template/tool/feed on line 65

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/shop/public_html/admin/view/template/tool/feed on line 65 - (<select name="out_of_stock_status">
<?php foreach ($stock_status_selections as $status) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $status['stock_status_id']; ?>" <?php if (isset($out_of_stock_status) && $out_of_stock_status == $status['stock_status_id']) { echo "selected='true'"; } ?>><?php echo $status['name']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA