Post by Pysiek » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 am

I send email couple hours ago but nobody responded yet

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by hmarchiori » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 am

Hello.

i can´t make your mod work with geccoshop template in version 1.5.4.1.
I made it work in version 1.5.1.3 with the same template, but don´t have the knowledge to make it work now...

Can you help me please?

I really appreciate your mod, and want to continue using it in 1.5.4.1 version...

Wait for reply,

Regards,

Henrique

Post by bull5-i » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 am

Hi Henrique,

I can provide custom theme integration as a paid service.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by schford » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi,

I just updated to this version and now have a strange error I'll walk you through it.

1 - FTP up some largish PDF manuals - OK
2 - In Downlaods select them and hit auto add - OK
3 - click edit to assign them to a group of projects, new page loads all filled in - however the file name is in the text entry box next to the upload button and not underneath it.
4 - If I change anything when I hit save I get "File does not exist!" in red displayed underneath the filename text entry box.

I can still associate the download to products in the product page but would have to manually do it to everyone.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Post by bull5-i » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:32 am

I assume it has nothing to do with file size currently. Can you give me access to your shop so I can investigate the issue? You can PM me the details.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by weedee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Purchased Product Downloads a few months ago. (for opencart 1.5.2)
Installed it and worked perfect.

2 Weeks ago I upgraded opencart from 1.5.2 to 1.5.4.r990. This gave me blanc product pages.
After disabling Product Downloads, the problem was solved. Everything worked fine, except I had no free downloads anymore.

Now I installed Product Downloads ver. 1.8.7. Everything works fine, except the download links give 'The page you requested cannot be found' error message to my customers.
On a local host, without SEO turned off, everything works fine. When uploaded and SEO turned on I get this error message.
(I think the problem is in the .HTACCESS, but I'm not sure.)

Anyone a solution for this problem ?

Post by weedee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:04 pm

*** SOLVED ***

I contacted Bull5-i.
He solved the problem in a few minutes.
Indeed SEO was the problem, but with a small change in the VQMod the problem was solved.

Post by JBGood » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

I'm having the same problem. Any chance we could get that patch?

Post by bull5-i » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 am

Please PM me your server FTP access.

Post by schford » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:26 am

Just to follow up my post - I worked out the error, file name was too long, made is shorter and all works A OK!

Post by teknology3d » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi. I have this mod but the download tab is not showing in sellya theme. Can you tell me which files specifically I need to rename in the xml. I'm not a programmer of course. Thanks

Post by bull5-i » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi. In order to integrate the Product Downloads module with your custom theme you need to tailor the vqmod/xml/product_downloads.xml file. Find the block that edits the default theme product.tpl file (near the end of the XML file) and change the theme name from 'default' to your theme (folder name). If that does not do the trick, then your custom theme structure differs in some way from the default theme. Now you a bit of a programmer mindset because you need to start tailoring the vqmod search & replace/insert patterns for the product.tpl file to deal with the structural peculiarities of your custom theme. As due to the very nature of a custom theme I cannot provide a universal solution for this step. Almost every custom theme has a different way of displaying things. Take a look at what changes were done to the default theme and then adjust the search & replace/insert patterns to suit your theme. If you do not know how the vqmod script works, I kindly suggest you read about it from the vqmod wiki pages http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/
vQmod log files (vqmod/logs/*.log) are your friend in debugging. They will tell you where the script fails (meaning which vqmod search line it does not find in the template file), so you need to adjust that part of the script.

Should you find yourself in trouble with the changes I can offer paid integration service. The quote has been given on the extension settings page under the About tab information page.

Post by sambucaman » Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

hi, i have the product download which works great in default settings, but not with my custom theme. I have read all the previous posts, and tried to fix, but still having difficulty. No tab shows at all when my theme is applied.

I have modified product_downloads.xml to reflect my custom theme, but still no joy.
The error in vQmod log is;

Date: 2013-05-09 08:14:59 ~ IP : 82.25.129.84 ----------
REQUEST URI : /store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=73
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /homepages/9/d368236596/htdocs/store/vqmod/xml/product_downloads.xml
id : add freely downloadble files to your products + batch upload files from a folder
version : 1.8.7
vqmver : 2.2.2
author : bull5-i
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <a href="#tab-related"><?php echo $tab_related; ?> (<?php echo count($products); ?>)</a>

Can you advise where else I need to look?
Thanks, Andy

Post by bull5-i » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Please read the previous post

Post by sambucaman » Sun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm

thanks for the fast fix on my site. Last question - is it possible to rename this download tab.
Looked in catalog/language/english/product/product.php but no download tab in there.
Thanks in advance

Post by bull5-i » Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm

As this is a vqmod file, all modification are done virtually. You will find the tab name from the product_downloads.xml file where you can rename it.

Post by HATEPOLICY » Fri May 24, 2013 7:17 am

Please answer your emails, we sent you a few, no reply,
We purchased this and it does not work, not with the def. template either.

Blank, white screen on downloads, on admin backend,
We are not comfortable changing Vqmod files either, it should just work, at least on admin.

We have no need for tabs and free downloads.

We had many of these errors on vqmod log:

REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=extension/module&token=85bb6b3301db89b002cb637acab6b001
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : public_html/vqmod/xml/product_downloads.xml
id : Add freely downloadble files to your products + batch upload files from folders
version : 3.7.3
vqmver : 2.3.2
author : bull5-i
Could not resolve path for [bestseller.php,latest.php,special.php] (SKIPPED)
Could not resolve path for [category.php,search.php,manufacturer.php,special.php] (SKIPPED)
Could not resolve path for [bestseller.tpl,featured.tpl,latest.tpl,special.tpl] (SKIPPED)
Could not resolve path for [category.tpl,manufacturer_info.tpl,search.tpl,special.tpl] (SKIPPED)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We are on OC 154.1
I have mailed you our order ID etc.

Skills: Ripp, copy, paste.

Location - Boosting 30-80hz ranges.

Post by bull5-i » Fri May 24, 2013 4:24 pm

It seems that you are using PHP version older than 5.3 and vqmod older than 2.3. You would have to upgrade PHP at least to version 5.3, but latest is always recommended. You will have to upgrade vQmod to version 2.3.0 or later.

Replied you by email as well.

Post by deadmeat30 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 am

Love this mod so much. just changed my layout slightly, how can i get the Download tab to the same size as the description box?

http://whitedragonminiatures.co.uk/inde ... duct_id=50

Thanks,

Alan

Post by bull5-i » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:46 am

This is a custom theme integration issue. The tab contents is not in the correct location, you need to play with the vqmod script modifications and find the correct location for the tab contents.