Post by EliteStrings » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi

Is it possible to set the default order status to 'pending' when someone starts paying by paypal. i.e. If there is no Callback received from Paypal, the order is marked as 'pending' and not as 'missing orders'.

For some background, I am asking this because I still have not been able to get Paypal IPN working. I am thinking it might be a server problem as there is no record of Paypal trying to recontact my website, and all PP settings seem to be correct. So in the mean time before switching servers, I want to be able to have all orders go to pending status, or a status which will allow the order to be visible to customers when logged in, and also remove the purchased items from the shop without having to manually update this. (I may have to replenish stock where people have clicked pay by paypal and not gone through with the order)

Post by postcardcollecting » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 am

I am having the same problem. If someone pays with paypal, the stock continues to show as available ( I have to update the stock manually) ... The order goes to missing orders.
I have read and reread the forum for answers to this problem and have tried changing order status both with the paypal module and within admin/settings ..
can anyone offer help?
PS .... all used to work well. Somewhere in one of the updates it's all gone wrong.

http://www.postcardcollecting.com
http://www.aboardnoahsark.com

Post by robertdon777 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

Yeah since i updated to 1.5.4 all my paypal payment orders go to missing and I get the dreaded warning from paypal about my IPN settings

I've never changed these since the store started and it had already taken 70 orders before this happened.

Post by EliteStrings » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Glad to hear I am not alone. I have tried updating the encryption file which solved it for a few people, among many other things but I am lost for ideas so am hoping if someone can help with this it may be some kind of temporary relief. If anyone has ideas for a proper fix I would also be very grateful.

I cannot work out which part of code tells the paypal order to go to missing orders once you click on 'submit'. Not being a coding pro if someone can help that would be appreciated.

Post by EliteStrings » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

I am not a coder/tech/computer person etc so I am likely to have made mistakes in my theory but... I'm using 1.5.4.1

I have been assured that port 80 is open (however SSL, port 443 is not, if this could cause a problem), but the problem is definitely between paypal sending the IPN and my website not receiving it. I have enabled debug and there is no record of my website receiving anything, which means the callback function is probably fine (as it doesn't even get used, also when i go to the callback function directly through a browser I get a blank page and NOT an error), but paypal is either being blocked from reaching my site or is looking in the wrong place. All paypal IPN settings are set up correctly (I currently have the /callback url in the paypal settings but this gets overridden anyway) and UTF-8 language is in use by Paypal. (I have updated the encryption file too)

One thing I was thinking is that as I don't have SSL, opencart may be directing to HTTPS which will not give an accurate link since I am HTTP? My attempt at testing this is as follows, but I may be wrong:

Code: Select all

$this->data['notify_url'] = $this->url->link('payment/pp_standard/callback', '', 'SSL');
I tried taking the , '', 'SSL' out incase that was directing to https but still does not work, though I have only tested in sandbox so far.

Paypal Sandbox will also not send an IPN successfully through its IPN test.

Is there anything else which could stop paypal from looking in the right place or being blocked from accessing my site, when I can access the same page fine through a browser?

Post by accion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi, I am using 1.5.4 , and I having same issue, orders paid using paypal go to missing, and stock continues to show as available... I will continue searching on the forum, If I found something I will share here :)

Post by postcardcollecting » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am

What I don't understand is that there is no clear answer to this problem. From searching the forum, there seems to be some suggestions but none seem to work.
What's even more strange is why hasn't this issue been addressed by the Opencart Staff?
There have been a few comebacks with >> try this or try that, but it ends there. Why no sustained help? ???
It's stressful to have this problem continue forcing me and I'm sure others to question our loyalty to OC and the continued spending of money on extensions. What to do, What to do?
HELP !
EliteStrings wrote:Hi

Is it possible to set the default order status to 'pending' when someone starts paying by paypal. i.e. If there is no Callback received from Paypal, the order is marked as 'pending' and not as 'missing orders'.

For some background, I am asking this because I still have not been able to get Paypal IPN working. I am thinking it might be a server problem as there is no record of Paypal trying to recontact my website, and all PP settings seem to be correct. So in the mean time before switching servers, I want to be able to have all orders go to pending status, or a status which will allow the order to be visible to customers when logged in, and also remove the purchased items from the shop without having to manually update this. (I may have to replenish stock where people have clicked pay by paypal and not gone through with the order)

http://www.postcardcollecting.com
http://www.aboardnoahsark.com