Post by carlos001 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 am

Hi all,
i install the new 1.3.4 for resolve the usps module but when i checkout i no view the shippings method nothing happens.

This is my config:

and this my result:

If any one can help me i no get the error like previous version.
Daniel please ;)

Post by jerad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:35 am

I have the same issue, I believe.

Post by jerad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:46 pm

I am also getting this error along the top of the screen.
Notice: Undefined variable: shipping_address in /home/jeradbiz/public_html/akcatch/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php on line 354Notice: Undefined index: IntlRateResponse in /home/jeradbiz/public_html/akcatch/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php on line 369

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm

on line 354 replace shipping_address with country_info

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by carlos001 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:52 pm

in my case no have this error only nothing happens.
any solutions?

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:02 pm

have you even tried the fix?

did you check your error logs?

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by spencerhaley » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 pm

the fix doesn't work for me. I see nothing where I should see an option or an error.

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:36 pm

on line 354 replace shipping_address with country_info

?
did you not change that? since shipping_address should not be there.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by carlos001 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Oka i try this fix in my problem now but i no have errors in my log. i will tru today and report.

Post by jerad » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:46 am

The first solution worked, and then on further testing, I now get this error:
Notice: Undefined index: value in /home/jeradbiz/public_html/akcatch/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php(348) : eval()'d code on line 1
Thanks for your time.

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 am

pretty sure this is going to be down to how you have your server setup.

i will look into it anyway.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by carlos001 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 am

Daniel in my case is the configuration? i no have errors and when go to checkout the shipping method do not display and no errors display. i live in puerto rico if is a zone problem?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Ok, i did some digging into why the "included usps module" doesn't show rates.

1. First, there is no error support in the code. It checks for rates, if it doesn't find a rate, it returns false. But there are also errors that can be returned like:
"Authorization failure. You are not authorized to connect to this server. UspsCom::DoAuth"
So that will need to be added.

2. Second, there is no test server option in the included module. The way USPS works is
a. Create your account
b. Request rates from the USPS test server
c. Call them to have them switch you to the USPS Production server.
d. Switch to the production server.

Since there is no test server support, you will not be allowed to switch to the production server until they see your account working on the test server.

3. Third, USPS account process is bugged. They still haven't figured it out in 5 years since I had to jump through the hoops. They "think" that when they make your account, that you have test server access. But you don't. You have an account with NO access. So you have to call them and ask them to switch you to the production server. They might do it for you or they might say that they need test requests from you first. If they need test requests, tell them that their account setup process has been bugged for a while and the inital setup doesn't actually allow test server access and have them double check your account access. Usually now they figure it out and while they might lie and say it was setup... they must be manually kicking it into gear. Now you should have test access.

Another reason to leave payment and shipping modules to the payment & shipping api master!!! Qphoria! 8)
Meanwhile, my module has full support for the test server and error messaging. So feel free to get it while it's hot!

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok, I've fixed this file and added error handling.
This will work for 1.3.3 and 1.3.4
Patch attached

- UPDATED FOR v1.4.0 SUPPORT AS WELL -

Administrator

Post by crt-inc » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi guys, I've been reading this post and looking around on the forum about this problem, in fact, i did the patch that Qphoria posted here, that fixed the first problem, i set the USPS, i put my information, login and password but i keep getting this:

Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.

The account on USPS is a business account i don't know if this matter to make this shipping method to work, any ideas guys?

I just need to test it before to buy the UPS Module, because that's the one this ppl going to use for this shopping cart.

Here is the cart where i'm working on: http://e-printplus.com/

Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:02 pm

that error means your account isn't active or incorrect. Be sure to note you need a USPS Webtools account. This is not the same as your clicknship or any other account

Administrator

Post by ddwalker1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm in the same boat as I was before. I successfully logged into my USPS online account (and I can ship items via usps.com), however, I still can't get the usps module thing to work. On the other hand, I'm not really sure what's to be gained by the shipping module (since it doesn't work for me to play with it).

QUESTION: Couldn't I simply obtain the ship to address information and ship the items via usps.com or are there true benefits to the usps module? Seems to me there is a solution here somewhere, could someone point it out to me? If it requires purchasing something -- I'll do it (as long as a know it will work). Upon completion of my sites, I have to be able to turn them over to my clients to manipulate.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 am

How do you know how much to charge your customer during checkout? They buy 5 items. It costs you $14.54 to ship. What if you only charge your customer $10.00? then you are losing money. USPS module gives the correct rate for the purchase so you always have the exact price.

What error are you seeing?

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

ddwalker1 wrote:I'm in the same boat as I was before. I successfully logged into my USPS online account (and I can ship items via usps.com), however, I still can't get the usps module thing to work.
usps.com is not the login you need for the shipping module. There is a separate login for the shipping api, though I can't think of what it's called off the top of my head right now.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm

usps webtools

Administrator