Post by moneycarlo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 am

loved the fact it has a sql manager and file manager built in!!
but, i cant get my file manager working. I switched mode to ftp and it gave me an error (something like ""directory doesnt exist) and now I cant switch it back to extplorer mode. I clicked on log out and extplorer mode but nothing happens. So now the file mgr portion doesn't even work. Any way to reset that portion?
Thanks!

Post by MaxD » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

moneycarlo wrote:loved the fact it has a sql manager and file manager built in!! I clicked on log out and extplorer mode but nothing happens. So now the file mgr portion doesn't even work. Any way to reset that portion?
Thanks!
Try to clear cookies for your shop.

Post by moneycarlo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm

worked! thanks much!

Post by g0kh4n » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi, it's a very good extension but i got some little problems.

1- I'm using custom theme (aquacart). When i search something auto complete menu appears behind the top menu buttons.

2- When i upgrade to latest Vqmod, apply changes button disappears. I'm trying to upgrade because i couldn't run some vqmod extensions i like and thought it's about vqmod version, not sure.

Opencart version: 1.5.4.1
Openshop Final

Post by MaxD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

g0kh4n wrote:I'm using custom theme (aquacart). When i search something auto complete menu appears behind the top menu buttons.
You need to edit your template or autocomplete module. Or you can just turn it off at Extensions -> Tweaks (show hidden)
g0kh4n wrote:When i upgrade to latest Vqmod...
OpenShop doesn't support latest vQmod. It will be updated when new OpenCart release occurs (that should happen soon).

Post by g0kh4n » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

MaxD wrote: You need to edit your template or autocomplete module. Or you can just turn it off at Extensions -> Tweaks (show hidden)
I really like this extension, i find it very useful but haven't got any idea about how to fix it lol.
MaxD wrote: OpenShop doesn't support latest vQmod. It will be updated when new OpenCart release occurs (that should happen soon).
OpenShop updates itself automatically? I saw an extension @ Tweaks called Automatic Updates. It will upgrade the opencart to newer version? And can i ask which version of vqmod OpenShop using?

Post by MaxD » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:37 pm

g0kh4n wrote: I really like this extension, i find it very useful but haven't got any idea about how to fix it lol.
It strongly depends on the theme you use - there can be any weird markup, so no universal advice here.
g0kh4n wrote: OpenShop updates itself automatically? I saw an extension @ Tweaks called Automatic Updates. It will upgrade the opencart to newer version? And can i ask which version of vqmod OpenShop using?
OpenShop updates itself, but it doesn't have power to update OpenCart. vqmod 2.1.7 is used.

Post by moneycarlo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am

2 things i've run into. When i go into sqlbuddy and click Query i get this error:
There was an error receiving data from the server.

I sometimes get this on the import or export option but it seems that only happens when I dont have a table selected. However, the Query option has yet to work.

Also, I run into this mod not playing nicely with this mod:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 40#p267330

was wondering if you had an idea why they'd conflict or had a quick fix?

Post by MaxD » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 am

Yep, there are some issues with SQL Admin (it will be fixed in next release).
Maybe that mod conflicts with the product edit page upgrade. Try to disable Product Edit Tune tweak.

Post by moneycarlo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am

ok good to know those issues are in process.
It wasn't the product edit tune mod, so I'll have to keep trying the others. It's odd cuz I can still do the inline edit, but when i hit save, the price saves as $0.00. But it works fine with openshop is disabled.
no worries, i'll have to run thru them one at a time.
thanks

Post by sebadamus » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 am

Hello! really great mod!

I used to have 1.5.4.1 working with Carbon free Theme... and I give it a try to your mod, it worked almost on the first run, so I decided to delete everything and install just your installation following your manual. Then I will restore my data and custimize the colors, the background, etc its the best!!!

I have a little problem you might know the solution... I start the installation, following your wizard steps... but just after finishing it... it gaves me an "internal server error 500..." so I tried some stuff and I realized that your .htaccess file its different than the OpenCart 1.5.5.1. So I copied this file to your installation and it works now.

I have XAMPP 1.8.1 on windows XP.

Any clue?

Thanks for the great mod, I will surely donate some money soon!

S.

PD: unfortunatelly I didnt knew opencart nor your mod, and I paid for a Monster Template Theme and ecommerce for joomla solution, about 120us... I wasted my money, their support is awfull, the template far too complex to do anything, its a piece of $.it :joker:

Post by MaxD » Tue May 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Yep, there is some problem with .htaccess in some cases.
Tommorow new OpenShop version will be released )

Post by MaxD » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 am

New OpenShop version is live. It supports OpenCart 1.5.5.1 and latest vQmod.

What's new:

- New light-weight design
- Admin header hidden to save screen space
- 2 additional themes by ShopenCart.com and Sainath Chillapuram
- Product image zoom
- Blinking checkout button
- Lot of different fixes

Also new community site for fast OpenCart and OpenShop support was launched - Devs.mx

Post by figge88 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 am

Hi!

First of all, very nice mod., I really like the idea!

But unfortunately I've got a problem, all my prices show excl. tax, so the price "incl." tax and the price excl. tax are the same. Also, invoice fee, shipping cost doesn't show with taxes.
Do I need to activate openshop to calculate with taxes somewhere?
I'm using latest OS and OC 1.5.6...

Regards
Fredrik

Post by MaxD » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 am

figge88 wrote: But unfortunately I've got a problem, all my prices show excl. tax, so the price "incl." tax and the price excl. tax are the same.
You need to configure it properly. Start with System->Localization->Taxes, then set Tax class for each product.

Post by HummerIT » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 am

Hi,
Thanks for a great extension!
Was wondering if you could help me with this problem,
After adding two products or more in the cart I get two checkout buttons ("Kassa" in Swedish).
Do you know what causes this and how to fix it?
Screendump.JPG

Screendump.JPG (13.42 KiB) Viewed 7869 times

Appreciating any help

Thanks
/Johan

Post by MaxD » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:12 pm

HummerIT, thats quite strange! PM me admin log/pass to check.

Post by MaxD » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 pm

OpenShop 1.7 release brings CMS part to nice usable level. Also it includes a lot of small interface and compatability fixes.

- News look was finely tuned
- Info Pages "display in the top menu" option added
- ability to use javascript instead of links at categories "Link to the URL" field. Example - javascript: alert('hello')
- hidden tweak "PHP Inclusions" that executes PHP code included into info pages, text blocks, products and categories descriptions (disabled by default)
- Images Manager got bigger, Upload button is additionally highlighted
- "No Design Tabs" tweak hides Design (layout override) tabs
- frontend text shortenings changed not to occur at the middle of the word
- categories list view product descriptions made longer to look nice
- buttons and images animations removed

Post by Andaho » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 am

I wish I found this before...

I've spent weeks/months learning opencart and customising it to my liking: finding features lacking > searching for solution > finding solutions (mostly free VQMod scripts) > adding them one at a time...

Then I found this... reading through the documentation, almost everything I've done (that has taken me 100+ hours) is included in this!!!

Damn, why didn't I find this before :(

I'm hoping it will work with my fairly heavily customised installation... one way to find out... I'll install it :D

But I have one question (RESOLVED now, keep reading below):

"Upload OpenShop-Extension.zip to your shop and extract it there"

I'm sure I've done it before, but I completely forget how... How do I unzip this on the server?

EDIT/UPDATE: I figured out I had to use my host's file manager and select to unzip it there.

UPDATE2:

Oh well, it didn't work :(

After I followed all installation instructions, I can't login at my admin page! when I enter my details it just refreshes the login page and changes the URL to: /admin/?route=common/login

Strange... but I guess it's something to do with my heavy customisations.... now to restore my backup :)

Post by Andaho » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:49 am

OMG!!!

massive problem!

I restored my backup folder of public_html

But login still isn't working! it's doing the same thing! - What has this extension broken? :(