Post by pawelbateman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi, Im using opencart 1.5.1.2 and I have searched the forums for the last week and i am about to pull my hair out. I need to let my customers checkout without creating an account. I have gone into systems and clicked on the button that says let guests checkout without creating an account but they must still create an account. My analytics tells me that almost all of my customers turn around at that point. Please could someone help. I have searched all the forums and other people are having the same problem. the only answers for this are people using a different version than mine. thank in advance

Post by i2Paq » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Link to you store?

Did you enable Guest Checkout?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:54 pm

so you are saying that when you get to the checkout page you do not have the radio button for guest checkout even though it's enabled in the admin? The only way this would happen is if you have a downloadable product in the cart. Accounts are required for downloadable products, because the downloads are retrieved from the account area.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by mihka73 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I have the same problem and i have not products for downloading, must be something with the template we use, but what can be, please help!!!! :(
I see the post is a year ago, so if somebody has a solution...i use Version 1.5.1.3

Post by MrTech » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am

mihka73, you don't mention if your option to enable guest checkout is on or off? If it's on and still not working then you have a real problem. But, did you at least check to make sure it's on and no errors in the log?

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by dorij » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am

Came across this post while searching on checkout and downloadable products. I have made my cart for guest checkout only but didn't know that an account was needed in order to offer downloadable products. I have version 1.5.6.4. Is it still the case that an account would need to be created?
Thanks in advance!!

Post by i2Paq » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:52 pm

dorij wrote:Came across this post while searching on checkout and downloadable products. I have made my cart for guest checkout only but didn't know that an account was needed in order to offer downloadable products. I have version 1.5.6.4. Is it still the case that an account would need to be created?
Thanks in advance!!
Yes.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by gerganadimova » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 am

Hey guys,

Saw that you were looking for something to help you sell digital products. Me and the team were in the same position once, so we created an extension/theme ( ProductPage ) for selling downloadable products:
  • The design is simplified (no categories, navigation and other distractions). The extension allows you to create a typical downloadable product landing page with a special section for testimonials, a big "Buy now" button and so on.

The checkout is reduced to 2 steps and users are still registered (because that's how OpenCart works). However, all the shipping address details and forms can be removed, so your customers can fill in as little as 4-5 fields at checkout.
You can take a look at the extension page here: http://opencart.com/index.php?route=ext ... n_id=14003

Note that currently the demo is set up for selling a physical product. That's why the address fields are there.

Email support@braiv.zendesk.com if you have any questions.

I hope this can help someone.

Cheers,
Gergana