Post by alper60 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

maranjo wrote:Just used this on 1.5.2.1 and it only needed two minor alterations to the xml file:

1) in search for 'final class Affiliate' in system/library/affiliate.php change the search to 'class Affiliate'

2) in search for 'final class Customer' in system/library/customer.php change the search to 'class Customer'

Apart from that, it all seems to work fine.

Many thanks for this contribution!

Martin
thank you, Martin.

Post by robinson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 am

Hello,

The info provided so far here was great, I managed to add some extra fields to the registration form.
Now I want some of those new fields to appear in the order info (order details) in admin, under customer name.
Any idea how to do that?
Many thanks.

Post by maranjo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm

maranjo wrote:Just used this on 1.5.2.1 and it only needed two minor alterations to the xml file:

1) in search for 'final class Affiliate' in system/library/affiliate.php change the search to 'class Affiliate'

2) in search for 'final class Customer' in system/library/customer.php change the search to 'class Customer'

Apart from that, it all seems to work fine.

Many thanks for this contribution!

Martin
A build on this - almost all working perfectly, but I have an error when someone registers at checkout. If they register first, then the new field is accepted. But if they add items to their cart, then register at the point of checkout, they get an error that says the new field (in this case, 'venue') is undefined.

The error text says (text retyped verbatim, hopefully no typos!):

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: venue in
<b>/home/sites/firesticksandsong.com/public_html/shop/
vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_checkout_register.p
hp</b> on line <b>102</b>{"error":{"venue":"Please add 
details of your performance venue"}}
Any clues would be most welcomed - I'm not familiar enough with all that's being changed to be confident about where I'm looking.

This may or may not be a 1.5.2 issue - I suspect it is something I've missed in altering the vqmod file, and have checked laboriously but can find nothing awry. Nothing in the vqmod error log, by the way.

Martin

Post by marvmen21 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 am

maranjo wrote:
maranjo wrote: The error text says (text retyped verbatim, hopefully no typos!):

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: venue in
<b>/home/sites/firesticksandsong.com/public_html/shop/
vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_checkout_register.p
hp</b> on line <b>102</b>{"error":{"venue":"Please add 
details of your performance venue"}}
Any clues would be most welcomed - I'm not familiar enough with all that's being changed to be confident about where I'm looking.

This may or may not be a 1.5.2 issue - I suspect it is something I've missed in altering the vqmod file, and have checked laboriously but can find nothing awry. Nothing in the vqmod error log, by the way.

Martin
Hi, I see you replaced "cedu" by your field's name "venue". Something must have gone wrong when you replaced it, remember you have to be careful with capitalization, Cedu should be replaced with Venue.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by maranjo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:30 pm

marvmen21 wrote: Hi, I see you replaced "cedu" by your field's name "venue". Something must have gone wrong when you replaced it, remember you have to be careful with capitalization, Cedu should be replaced with Venue.
Ok - I'll do that. I know for sure that I didn't observe capitalisation. Is that mentioned in the documentation? I missed it if so (should be added if not!).

Post by maranjo » Tue May 22, 2012 3:52 am

Comments like those from 'assface' makes you wonder why to bother contributing. Then I remember - it's to help courteous people that like to help others, not those that just diss other people's contribution.

OpenCart takes some beating as a solution - but I accept that the documentation leaves a little extra work to be done for the developer. Worth it in the end, though, team!

Post by marvmen21 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:20 am

Thanks maranjo.
assface, reported your post since it's totally off-topic and has nothing to do with this thread.

Post by KonstantinG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 am

hi ,
i'll be gratefull if someone can help me with the information where exactly to put the code :(
Thanks a lot for your work ! :)

Post by al404 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:29 pm

hi, i can't find the free version of your plugin

Post by marvmen21 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 pm

al404 wrote:hi, i can't find the free version of your plugin
Did you read the first post?

Post by al404 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:47 pm

yes, free or pay if you want some editing

but this is a broken link
http://forum.opencart.com/download/file.php?id=7502

and this is only by payment
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=28236

is not for the 13$ but i wanna try it and be sure is fine for my project

thanks

Post by marvmen21 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm

al404 wrote:yes, free or pay if you want some editing

but this is a broken link
http://forum.opencart.com/download/file.php?id=7502

and this is only by payment
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=28236

is not for the 13$ but i wanna try it and be sure is fine for my project

thanks
Hi, All versions uploaded to this thread are free. There's only a couple of links to the paid one in case you need support. The latest version was posted here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 40#p205466

Post by devplus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi,

Has anyone tried this mod on OC 1.5.3.1?

Thanx

Post by thiagob » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,

I'm working on OC 1.5.2 with a custom theme.

I downloaded the version for 1.5.x (New_Field_Registration_Form_1.0.2)

In the XML i changed this:

line 10: <file name="catalog/view/theme/MY_THEME/template/account/register.tpl">
line 22: <file name="catalog/view/theme/MY_THEME/template/account/edit.tpl">
It supposed to be working, but nothing is happening. ???

What is missing? I did something wrong?

Thanks

Post by Csabesz75 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Hello,

i have implemented in opencart 1.5.1.3 the new field modification, everything works perfect, but i need the new line also in guest checkout process and that information to be transmitted by order confirmation email to. Can anybody help me to implement that in guest checkout process?

Post by Csabesz75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

I have made some progress, the verification of the new line in guest checkout is ok, but does not show the error message on wrong value of field, i don`t know where i`m wrong. The error_cedu in the language file is defined, elsewhere i tried with error_firstname in verification but with same result. Another thing is the inclusion in the order confirmation mail, how can i insert the value in that mail?

Post by kelemvor » Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 am

Does this work for 1.5.5.1? Didn't want to try installing if it's not known to work properly. I'd be looking to add one dropdown box type field and one or two standard text files. Are there any limitations to this?

Thanks.

Post by IT_MAN » Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 pm

I want to add fields to address for both payment and shipping? What files to edit?

Post by WebDev22 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:19 am

kelemvor wrote:Does this work for 1.5.5.1? Didn't want to try installing if it's not known to work properly. I'd be looking to add one dropdown box type field and one or two standard text files. Are there any limitations to this?

Thanks.
I have the same question. Did you get this working for 1.5.5.1?

Post by kelemvor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:10 am

WebDev22 wrote:
kelemvor wrote:Does this work for 1.5.5.1? Didn't want to try installing if it's not known to work properly. I'd be looking to add one dropdown box type field and one or two standard text files. Are there any limitations to this?

Thanks.
I have the same question. Did you get this working for 1.5.5.1?
I think I ended up just repurposing some of the fields I don't use anyway. I changed company name and company ID into School Name and Student Name. That way I didn't have to add any new fields in the database or anything.