Post by scanreg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:09 am

Would be great if there could be "customer notes" in addition to "order notes"

Reason, sometimes a customer has some regular request regarding all their future orders

Instead of having to enter this each time manually as "order notes", the "customer notes" could be displayed explaining things.

Post by openmycart.com » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 pm

i plan to create this one, hope done this week.

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by scanreg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Ah, great! Thanks :)

Post by Bg-foxx » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 am

Has the customer notes add-on been created and released?

Post by Daniel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 am

i can add this now to the svn. i use one for the main opencart site.

30 minutes to setup.

please time me.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:16 pm

5 minutes over

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by MrTech » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:15 pm

I am willing to give you 90 seconds off the clock for having to open a new window and post that it was finished which should not count against your time anyway.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by scanreg » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 pm

this will be great cuz some customers like u to remember this or that for future orders and other stuff

Post by Bg-foxx » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 am

Hey Daniel,

Awesome! Thanks!

I took a look at the files, following the link you provided... As far as I understand I edit the files this way: add to my already existing files in OC whatever has the "+" sign and it's in green and delete the "-" lines that are in red. Is my thinking correct?

Post by Daniel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:33 pm

yes

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Bg-foxx » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am

Daniel wrote:yes
Daniel, one more question, if you don't mind. I suppose, if I make all these changes next time I upgrade OC to the latest version I will lose everything if I don't preserve these custom edited files. Which means I have keep log of all these changes.. Am I correct?

Post by MrTech » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 am

Unless my comprehension if off, by Daniel adding the code to svn, means it should find it's way to an opencart release in the future (hopefully near?). Therefore, your manual changes should show up one day in an upgrade anyway.

But if you are wanting to be cautious and teach yourself something worth-while at the same time, figure out how to install VQMod (free) and then write a small mode to make the changes you need. Your cart will always be safe from upgrades at that point.

~
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Can you post a screenshot of this so we can see what this actually does? I think I'm interested, but a look at it would be nice.

Thanks!

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Bg-foxx » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

MrTech wrote:Unless my comprehension if off, by Daniel adding the code to svn, means it should find it's way to an opencart release in the future (hopefully near?). Therefore, your manual changes should show up one day in an upgrade anyway.

But if you are wanting to be cautious and teach yourself something worth-while at the same time, figure out how to install VQMod (free) and then write a small mode to make the changes you need. Your cart will always be safe from upgrades at that point.
Great suggestion. And, I have vqmod installed, but unfortunately I'm not a coder so that's where it ends for me - I can't write my own vqmod file :(

Post by MrTech » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Well you already have the code, so you just need to spend 15 minutes figuring out how to put it inside a vqmod which is really easy. Also, search for UKSB vqmod creator I think, it holds your hand step by step.

Give it a go, it's really too easy...

~

~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by Bg-foxx » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:58 am

I doubt it's going to be 15 minutes, but anyhow, I appreciate the suggestion and your faith in my coding abilities :-)

I'm going to wait to see what Daniel says as far as this addition becoming a part of the next release of OC. If that's the case then I'm just going to go ahead and alter the existing files.

Post by Saile » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:06 pm

is there a version where we can just install not have to code it ourselves?

Post by Grandstand » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 am

I was not happy with how the opencart system currently does customer or order notes so I built a very handy note mod that you can look at here http://goo.gl/lcG9s0. Hope it helps some of you out.

Post by Saile » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:33 pm

In customer notes/history, adding comments forces it into 1 line.

It does not allow any paragraphs or structure. Is there a way to fix this to allow paragraphs?