Post by abrahamgarcia27 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 am

I am trying to assign the customers a partner affiliate. So for example if the affiliate registered the customer or if the customer registered in the affiliate website he would be assigned that affiliate_id in the customer database. So now when the customer logs in, it will start the tracking session from that affiliate so the affiliate could collect commission from the customer sale. I just do not know where to start or where to start the tracking. I dont understand where the login script begins and where i can query the affiliate tracking code.

Has anyone ever done this?

Post by MrTech » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm

I know for a fact there are advanced affiliate mods available in the extension store... have you taken a look to see if anything there could suit your needs?

If not, you could also post your requirements in the 'commercial' section of the site asking for help, there are some really great developers in this community.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by madimar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 am

Try to check my sales representatives extension. I'm also going to release a new version with a lot of new features.

M

Sent from my DesireHD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ocmta » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

abrahamgarcia27 wrote:I am trying to assign the customers a partner affiliate. So for example if the affiliate registered the customer or if the customer registered in the affiliate website he would be assigned that affiliate_id in the customer database. So now when the customer logs in, it will start the tracking session from that affiliate so the affiliate could collect commission from the customer sale. I just do not know where to start or where to start the tracking. I dont understand where the login script begins and where i can query the affiliate tracking code.

Has anyone ever done this?
Isn't regular built-in affiliate functionality enough for that? Every affiliate has his own tracking code, visitors come to the site via URLs with this code (&tracking=code in the URL) and became associated with this affiliate.

Extensions for affiliates (openCart 1, 2, 3):
Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System
Customer and Affiliate Accounts Combined into one Account
Affiliate Tracking with Coupons
Discount for Referred Customers - Order Total
Type Tracking Code
Mass Pay
Affiliate Transactions for openCart 3
Affiliate Pack X - all modules with 40% discount

Post by MrTech » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm

You should also consider the 'trust' factor when it comes to attracting top performing affiliates. I have some accounts that use software like idev affiliate and I never know how honest the system really is or if they really pay out what they claim they will pay out.

When you sell your products on Amazon for example, you are getting a very transparent affiliate system, grant it you get less profit / commission but more sales should mean more profit. On the other hand, large affiliate programs like Commission Junction for example are probably a large enough brand name to have big affiliates choose to promote your program simply because it is available on a large, trustworthy network, that will pay out as they handle all those transactions, not the vendor themselves.

Personally, I find "built-in" affiliate systems lacking in the one thing that could mean the difference between signing up performing affiliates or lazy webmasters that sign-up for your program, then never promote it. Do some research and find out what works for you best, but don't just use an affiliate system because it's there...affiliate sales could bring in well over half your annual sales. So, put on your thinking cap and don't just go with the easy solution, go with the one that will work for your particular situation.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!