Post by Maakun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 am

I have a little problem with the tool.

All specials are exported just fine, but when I import the XLS file again they are imported with the products. I get the message that the uplaod was succesful, and I don't have any error in the logs.

I did create a dummy product tags table in the SQL database to get the tool to work, not sure if that can cause any problems.

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 am

Maakun wrote:I have a little problem with the tool.

All specials are exported just fine, but when I import the XLS file again they are imported with the products. I get the message that the uplaod was succesful, and I don't have any error in the logs.

I did create a dummy product tags table in the SQL database to get the tool to work, not sure if that can cause any problems.

Unable to reproduce your error(if any), your problem description is simply too vague. The Import always includes products, too, along with specials.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 am

ukgamingpcs wrote: Yes i have the right module . is there away to convert the file to the right format ? All i have done is exported the products edited it and saved . Im editing it with MS excel

Do you know were im going wrong
Why are people still using MSExcel these days? If you have exported first, then you got the right format, and you can edit the values before import.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Maakun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:17 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Maakun wrote:I have a little problem with the tool.

Unable to reproduce your error(if any), your problem description is simply too vague. The Import always includes products, too, along with specials.
Hmmm, I've tried a few more things, and it seems that customer_group can not be empty (null) when importing, but it is when exporting. That's probably because I have only the 'Default' customer group. I need the specials to show up for everyone though, even customers who are not logged in. So I don't really want to make actual customer groups. Is there any way around this?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:52 am

I simply don't understand your problem. The Export always creates a 'Specials' worksheet as part of the XLS spreadsheet (including filled-in values in the customer_group column), and you can change that one before the Import.

Guru Member

Post by Maakun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 am

Hmmm, maybe I don't explain it right, English is not my native language and I'm a real beginner at this kind of stuff. Thanks for your patience!

There are no filled-in values in the customer_group column when exporting. Which makes sense, since I only use the 'Default' customer group, which has no value for 'name' in the SQL database. When importing there need to be values in this column. But I don't want to make customer groups. Is there some way to still use the 'default' customer group with the import/export tool?

Post by Maakun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:43 am

Hmm, the solution was to give a value to the customer_group name in SQL, sorry for not seeing the obvious. Thanks for your fast replies and patience!

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:01 am

Maakun wrote:Hmm, the solution was to give a value to the customer_group name in SQL, sorry for not seeing the obvious. Thanks for your fast replies and patience!
You should always have a Default customer group anyway in OpenCart, and it needs to be set in Admin > System > Settings > Edit > Option > Default Customer Group

Guru Member

Post by liamcaff » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 am

Hey guys,
I had to move my opencart install to a new server. I did a fresh install on the new server I have the same version as my original 'basically' working (1.5.2.1) - I have installed the suitable version of the import/export tool again as well as the fresh install of opencart. I managed to get my database loaded and can see my 4,800 products, but with no images. My images are now in a new location - so I expected that....

My plan was to do and export of an XLS file using the import/export tool, and then adjust the location of the images folders within the XLS document before importing the newly edited file back again When I try to do an export of the XLS file I get the following error after about 30 seconds:

"500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Any ideas? Am at a loss and under a fair amount of pressure to get this sorted...

Thanks!
L

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

In file admin/controller/tool/export.php, comment out this line:

set_time_limit( 1800 );

and try it again.Itmay have timedout before finishing the download.

BTW.: Don't post the same message on several forum threads!

Guru Member

Post by liamcaff » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks for the reply! - I'll try that out.

Apologies about the multiple post. Thought I posted in the wrong discussion initially.
Won't happen again :)

L

Post by liamcaff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks for the assistance JNeuhoff.

Commenting out the 'set_time_limit( 1800 );' line worked a treat and I was able to export my XLS database file.
I have one last issue I have hit.

After opening up my XLS file I changed the path to the new (correct) location of my products images for a few products. This is the only thing I want to change in the XLS file (the path to all of my images).

When I saved the file and try to import it using the import/export tool I get the following error:
Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 93 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/opm-online.co.uk/httpdocs/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961

So I can see the problem is a memory issue but I'm not sure what to do... Once I get past this I'm confident with everything else I need to do.

I would be hugely appreciative of any help.

Regards,

L

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Increase the PHP setting memory_limit in your admin/php.ini file.

Guru Member

Post by liamcaff » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 am

have already done that to both - upped both php.ini files to 512M (One was at 64) - same story...

Post by liamcaff » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 am

I updated Opencart to 1.5.4.1, reinstalled VQMOD and the latest Import/Export version, managed to export the current database as an XLS file, changed the data I needed to change, but am still getting this error when trying to import the new XLS file:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/opm-online.co.uk/httpdocs/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 962

Am getting it even after increasing the PHP setting memory_limit to php.ini and admin/php.ini to 512....

Any thoughts?

Guru Member

Post by liamcaff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 am

Hey J,
Yeah I've tried all combinations of the increaasing the PHP setting memory_limit in both the root directory php.ini and the admin/php.ini files.... Currently they are both at 2048M - still no change in the error:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/opm-online.co.uk/httpdocs/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 939

Lots of other people are getting this error too with relatively large databases.... and always the error with "Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted"....

Am really stuck on this. Any other ideas?

Regards,

L

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 am

Ask your webhost to increase the memory allowance.

Guru Member

Post by liamcaff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 am

Hey J,
I got the webhost to increase the memory allowance twice... still the same error:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/opm-online.co.uk/httpdocs/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 962

Should I be asking them to do anything else?

Thanks,

L

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 am

liamcaff wrote:Hey J,
I got the webhost to increase the memory allowance twice... still the same error:

Should I be asking them to do anything else?

Thanks,

L
You are still stuck at the 64M memory_limit PHP setting, have you changed the latter in your admin/php.ini?

Guru Member