Post by imugli » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 am

Have checked both and they are both blank.

file size is only 73kb (only 130 products).

I appreciate your help.

Post by gadkey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:49 pm

hello how can i create the database in XLS file in microsoft excel
do you have example how to create insert the product on xls?

thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Unable to help, not enough details, especially when there are no entries in any of the error logs.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by elisaf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

Hello!
i installed opencart import/export on an joomla component based on opencart. After importing Excel Sheet it says "Success: You have successfully imported your categories and products!" But now all the products are gone and empty (no products were added). What can be the reason for this? I used the right version and the xls sheet seems to be ok too.

thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

Elisa

Post by scottmn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 am

Hello,
I have done a fresh install of opencart 1.5.4.1, vqmod 2.2.1, opencart-1.5.4.x-import/export-13
Successfully imported an excel file. Products show up on admin side and store front.

The problem: The Admin side category name is from the default opencart category names.
Categories show up correct on the store front.

Thanks for any help!

Post by liamcaff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 am

Runes wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:Hi Runes,

According to your error message it already fails at around 64M, not the 256M. Ask your webhost to resolve this, as your PHP settings seem to indicate that the memory_limit is 256M, not 64M.
You know what?

After the 4. time I turned to my webhost provider this came up:

Yes 256 M for the front store BUT NOT for the administrator- side. So, another round of changes in some of the files to get 256 and not 64M for administrator-side and whoops- IT WORKS.

As I have seen others getting the same errors as I have, this has to be useful information.
Thanks
RS

Now I hope for some trouble- free time building the store...

Any chance of more details about what changes were made for this fix. I have the same problem but no idea where to look to change the Admin setting to 256...

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
L

Post by Xciso » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi.
I have used this extension for my store and I have now insert over 5000 products with it! :D

It is 2 things that i miss with this extension.
1. It would be good if i could upload the csv file to ftp, and then in admin i select the file from the server.
2. It would be good if i can choose if it should add or add/update when i insert.

I want this beacuse my connection to internet is not so good so it takes long time to import the file and sometimes it takes "timeout" and my file is now around 4mb.

Today when i export the file it shows in the csv how many times a customer have looked at the products.
When I then will insert the file one or two days later it will be the same, but maybe 100 people have looked at the two days i have edit the file.

Anyone know if this can be changed easy? I can little coding, but i am not an expert.
Thanks!

Post by omb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello,

I would like to thank for your extension.

I have successed import and export all product data. I see it has worked perfectly for english.

But I got an issue with Vietnamese language. It has not any problem with display, but with search function.

For some keywords, search returned no result. However, when I select the product in Admin panel then Save, after that I got search result.

Please help me to solve this issue. I have tried to google but no solution yet.

Thanks in advance.

omb

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

omb wrote:Hello,

I would like to thank for your extension.

I have successed import and export all product data. I see it has worked perfectly for english.

But I got an issue with Vietnamese language. It has not any problem with display, but with search function.

For some keywords, search returned no result. However, when I select the product in Admin panel then Save, after that I got search result.

Please help me to solve this issue. I have tried to google but no solution yet.

Thanks in advance.
This is an issue with the lack of proper UTF-8 support for XLS. The next version will use newer file format, e.g. ODS instead of XLS, to fix it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by omb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am

Thank Neuhoff,

Hope to see your new verson soon.

omb

Post by allaroundfem » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 am

So I still still have the problem of a blank excel file when I export my items, however this time I opened the file with notepad and see a warning:

Code: Select all

<b>Warning</b>: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/.../public_html/admin/controller/tool/export.php</b> on line <b>75<
Any idea why this is so? I tried expanding the time (originally was 1800)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & God Bless!

All Around Fem
Women's Wholesale & Retail Accessories
http://www.allaroundfem.com/
Sexy lingerie, fashion jewelry, beauty, handbags & more!
OpenCart Version 1.5.4.1

Post by allaroundfem » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 am

allaroundfem wrote:So I still still have the problem of a blank excel file when I export my items, however this time I opened the file with notepad and see a warning:

<b>Warning</b>: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/.../public_html/admin/controller/tool/export.php</b> on line <b>75<
Any idea why this is so? I tried expanding the time (originally was 1800)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & God Bless!
SOLVED:

The reason it's failing is because of the error on the first line, your host has disabled the set_time_limit function on your account

Open

/admin/controller/tool/export.php

Go to line 7 and put a # before the set_time_limit
Then save, and try again

This should work then

Credit to JAY6390 http://forum.opencart.com/memberlist.ph ... le&u=11575
Forum is here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=23936

All Around Fem
Women's Wholesale & Retail Accessories
http://www.allaroundfem.com/
Sexy lingerie, fashion jewelry, beauty, handbags & more!
OpenCart Version 1.5.4.1

Post by xxmioxx » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi guys,
I have installed this tool in OC 1.5.4, VQMOD 2.2.1 but when I want to export I've got the error message:

I've tired to put # before the set_time_limit in /admin/controller/tool/export.php but then I get blank 0B file. I've tried to install this tool also manualy but effect is the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Post by cabicon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey Guys.

Getting this error msg.

Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=52,0,'','','','','','','',5,'Multimeter DMM 902 4mm probe',0,'',1,389,0,NOW(),N' at line 1
Error No: 1064
INSERT INTO `oc_product` (`product_id`,`quantity`,`sku`,`upc`,`ean`,`jan`,`isbn`,`mpn`,`location`,`stock_status_id`,`model`,`manufacturer_id`,`image`,`shipping`,`price`,`points`,`date_added`,`date_modified`,`date_available`,`weight`,`weight_class_id`,`status`,`tax_class_id`,`viewed`,`length`,`width`,`height`,`length_class_id`,`sort_order`,`subtract`,`minimum`) VALUES (=52,0,'','','','','','','',5,'Multimeter DMM 902 4mm probe',0,'',1,389,0,NOW(),NOW(),NOW(),0,1,1,9,0,0,0,0,'1','1','1','1'); in /hsphere/local/home/cabicon/test.test/xto/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I think ive tried everything, but nothing works.. Please help me..

and happy new year

Regards

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 am

cabicon wrote:Hey Guys.

Getting this error msg.

Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=52,0,'','','','','','','',5,'Multimeter DMM 902 4mm probe',0,'',1,389,0,NOW(),N' at line 1
Error No: 1064
INSERT INTO `oc_product` (`product_id`,`quantity`,`sku`,`upc`,`ean`,`jan`,`isbn`,`mpn`,`location`,`stock_status_id`,`model`,`manufacturer_id`,`image`,`shipping`,`price`,`points`,`date_added`,`date_modified`,`date_available`,`weight`,`weight_class_id`,`status`,`tax_class_id`,`viewed`,`length`,`width`,`height`,`length_class_id`,`sort_order`,`subtract`,`minimum`) VALUES (=52,0,'','','','','','','',5,'Multimeter DMM 902 4mm probe',0,'',1,389,0,NOW(),NOW(),NOW(),0,1,1,9,0,0,0,0,'1','1','1','1'); in /hsphere/local/home/cabicon/test.test/xto/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I think ive tried everything, but nothing works.. Please help me..

and happy new year

Regards
Wrong product_id, it should be an integer value, not something like '=52'.

Guru Member

Post by lewismedia » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:21 am

I'm having an issue here, and it has nothing to do with my server. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the server (dual quad-core Xeon 2.33ghz processors, 8gig RAM, dual SAS HD of high capacity in raid configuration, etc, etc, running 40 sites at 0.15% CPU capacity, 5% RAM capacity) is not the issue.

Everything works fine, until I reach a point where I'm trying to import about 12,000 products, at which point I get NO error message (yes, error reporting is on, in php.ini, OC config, and every other possible location). It's not reporting an error of any kind. Here's what happens:

1) Upload the file (file uploaded)
2) Wait about two seconds
3) Server stops thinking, page loads as if nothing has happened. No error message.

Any ideas? ???

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 am

Sounds like a timeout or filesize issue here. Check your following PHP settings:

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
max_execution_time

Guru Member

Post by lewismedia » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 am

Was post_max_size. Increased to meet the demand. Thank you!

Post by liamcaff » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

lewismedia wrote:Was post_max_size. Increased to meet the demand. Thank you!
Hey I have approximately 10,000 and have been trying to get them uploaded with this extension for over 2 months... I have tried every possible solution from every forum and was still getting this error:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/opm-online.co.uk/httpdocs/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 962

Today I tried this solution:

newenglanddog wrote:FYI, for anyone having this issue on a GoDaddy shared Linux server, I believe I have solved my issue by doing the following:

1. Create a copy of php.ini in your root directory and call it php5.ini. This is the contents of mine:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset	= UTF-8;
memory_limit = 128M;
max_execution_time = 18000;
upload_max_filesize = 999M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;
allow_url_fopen = on;
;display_errors = 1;
;error_reporting = E_ALL;
2. Restart your Web system processes (hosting control center -> Content -> System Processes, "End Web" button). This kills the running processes. It DOES NOT mess up your website. It forces the server to spawn a new process for the next request.

3. Create a new file in /admin called phpinfo.php with the contents

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
4. Navigate to that file in your web browser. Validate that "Loaded Configuration File" is your newly created php5.ini file (mine says "/home/content/33/8831333/html/php5.ini") and validate that "memory_limit" is equivalent to the value set above (should be 128M).

This solved my issue.

I ended up with the 'hanging' issue you mentioned but I don't see any "post_max_size" anywhere.... Could this be my issue?

ANY help at all would be amazing. I'm really in a hole here as I've setup my shop over the last year using this import/export tool and now that my product numbers have jumped I'm totally stuck... Can't update my shop with new range of products....

Thanks!
L

Post by liamcaff » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 am

Correction - I have 15,000 products that I'm trying to import.....