Post by dmsadmin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 am

Hi Folks,

I have been shopping around for a theme, I like certain themes at themeforest and others at template monster.

Now here is my big question? The average theme on themeforest costs around 35-40 dollars, themes on template monster cost around $140 dollars, why so much difference?

Are the themes sold at template monster better coded? is there an advantage to paying the extra money?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank-you kindly.

Post by nosecret » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 pm

I think the right place to buy theme is themeforest.
Many theme have full feature sell on there, like unlimited color, responsive, free life time update, etc

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 am

lifetime updates only exist if the programmer didn't abandon the project.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by 3antz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 am

I've been using Themeforest for years and many of the themes are of high quality and good customer support. Templatemonster is too expensive for me

Post by dstegall » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

I purchased a theme from Themeforest but there are no install instructions. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Faithfully,

Dawn

Post by Saudi Bee » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

I bought Shoppica , fantastic theme, support and price. An excellent Manuel is provided and their support is amazing. I am very happy with their effort. Template Monster I believe sell hosting and installation with their themes , right?

Post by captinstupid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 am

Template monster has some nice looking themes and such a variety in 1 place is tempting and i might buy 1 from them someday, but this seems like an assembly line type operation that pumps out a lot of templates quickly. I noticed that 1 of there designers has made over 1100 themes mengento/opancart/shopify etc and all ecommerce, doesn't seem possible to put together that many templates (even in 10 years) that would be high quality designs with a lot of features and care taken when making them. If your not a coder or expert at tweaking these things your probably setting yourself up for a big headache. I have also read some reviews stating the themes are buggy and support stinks, and you'll notice they dont allow customers to RATE/REVIEW individual themes, and im sure that's not done by accident its done because if they did the sales would probably plummet... Themeforest designers seem to care a lot about customer service, they are cheaper, and probably in general more feature rich, usually built to allow users to customize and change a lot of settings.