Post by max2tall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Basically a 'shop by size' menu needed for clothes shops.

I'm going through too many hours and dollars looking for something that simply works

Doesn't use attributes, uses opencart options.
Does check option stock - customers want to buy what is now available in that size.
Works with 1.5.4

I've looked & looked & all I can find is attribute filters or option filters that don't check for zero stock of sizes.

Any help appreciated :)

Post by Calcite » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 pm

That in my opinon is the biggest weakness in opencart and other carts, no intelligent stock control.

This extension may be close to what you need, however I decided not to use it as it does not work with the free import/export tool, which is a must for me.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... =openstock

Post by max2tall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi,

Looked at that, but does not appear to be a shop by options filter.

Anyway we only have 1 option to worry about in this case, size.

I'm running the 'option stock manager' vqmod, but can't let customers shop by available sizes.

I am beyond gobsmacked that a simple 'shop by size' (that watches option stock) doesn't exist.

Thanks for replying though, trying to put a shop together gets kinda lonely sometimes doesn't it ? ;)

Post by Axansh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

HI,

Please PM me your exact requirement.

Product Variation option may be work in your case so please send me your exact requirement.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Axansh Sheth

Our Opencart Module
All in ONE SEO |
Multi-purpose pop |
Restaurant theme |
Store time save module

Post by labeshops » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I use the simonfilters extension which does do more than you are looking for and isn't perfect - it doesn't account for items that only come in one size so don't have size options (or color). I'm still trying to figure out a work around for that myself without having to add a stupid option with only 1 choice in it (which I've seen other stores do probably to solve this issue and HATE). It doesn't check for stock I don't think either but as I don't have that requirement, I'm not sure.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by max2tall » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 am

Axansh: pm'd. What's 'Product Variation option' ? KodeCRM is great btw !

labeshops: unfortunately simonfilters uses product stock, Not option stock. I think he is looking into it though.
I also have a category of products which are only in one size whilst other categories have size options. So far I just have the size as part of the product name & customers filter them with simple OC search. Setting an attribute for them might be a way though.

Cheers.

Post by max2tall » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi again labeshops, I don't know if you're aware or not, but your simonfilters is not working in your shop: I thought I'd have a look, & there are items that the product page shows as out of stock (option unavailable in the select box), but they do show in the category even if that size is selected in the filter.

Anybody else got any clues for something that does work?

Post by labeshops » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Right. I allow out of stock purchases so yes, they would show. I don't want to limit it that way.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by max2tall » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

OIC, so the size part of the filter isn't used anyway even if it did work.

I just tried out another menu system that said it worked as an option filter, doesn't :(

I think I'll have to put it up as a coding project for bidding somewhere somehow