Post by bull5-i » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey

The feature you are asking for is not widely requested. Actually you are the first person to ask for it. I will note down the idea, but I do not have the resources to implement it any time soon, unless you're willing to pay for the development costs.

Cheers,
bull5-i

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by gti2756 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:59 pm

I am showing the following error in my vqmod.log

Code: Select all

SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/sellegance/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />
I followed the instructions closely and repeatedly but the downloads tab is not showing up and there are no errors except the one above. The css file being referenced is there so I don't know what's going on. I appreciate any help to get this going.

Post by bull5-i » Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

Sellegance is a custom theme, thus changing the path from "default" to "sellegance" is not enough. You need to adjust the search and maybe also the replace patterns of the template file.

In your case the css file could be in place, but the exact line '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/sellegance/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />' cannot be found from the header.tpl file, which means you need to adjust the search pattern.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by SelfGuardUK » Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi bull5-i,

I have just downloaded your product but now need a bit of a hand getting it working with the gentle theme, can you please give me somepointers on what parts of the xml file I need to modify?

Many Thanks

Chris

Post by bull5-i » Wed May 02, 2012 1:04 am

Hey Chris,

Duplicate the parts that edit the default theme in the catalog part (should be at the end of the file).
Then adjust the path for your theme and then deal with the peculiarities of the Gentle theme. You may need to adjust the search and replace/insert patterns. See what has been done to the default theme and use the analogy.

bull5-i

Post by lunarvis » Wed May 16, 2012 6:28 am

Hi bull5-i,

Like Chris, I am also trying to integrate this with the Gentle theme. I can see how to modify the xml file to suit, and can get it it to output test modifications, but it seems like maybe something else is preventing my downloads tab from appearing?

It's almost as if it doesn't recognise that there are downloads to display - with this code producing nothing:

Code: Select all

<?php if ($fd_download_tab) { ?>
<a href="#tab-download"><?php echo $tab_download; ?></a>
<?php } ?>
If I remove the condition, then the tab appears, but obviously this is not a solution (as it doesn't recognise my downloads are present). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryn

Post by bull5-i » Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Have you installed & enabled the extension?
Have you made some downloads free?
Have you associated the free downloads with a product?

If you have done all above then it should display the tab.

Post by JBGood » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 am

Hi;

Installed everything smoothly and found a conflict with Multi-Vendor, it seems that Multi-Vendor takes over the product download tab and has downloads associated to a vendor. This i don't need. I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ModelCatalogDownload::getLinkedProducts() in /home/jbgXXX/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_controller_catalog_download.php on line 518.

Has anyone experienced this before and is there a workaround for this situation?

Thanks!

Post by bull5-i » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 pm

getLinkedProducts is added by the product_downloads.xml file.
If it is undefined, then the script either could not add it due to some error or another vqmod/extension has overridden it so that it does not exist.

Post by bull5-i » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Released version 1.8.4:
  • Fixed: Issue with large file downloads

Post by bull5-i » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Released version 1.8.5:
  • Fixed: Undefined offset notice on file download

Post by bull5-i » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Released version 1.8.6:
  • Fixed: An output buffering error that could corrupt downloaded file

Post by soulomute » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 am

Hello,

I believe I have followed all of the instructions. It works on the admin side, but no tab shows up on the store front product pages. I get the following error in the vq log:

REQUEST URI : /opencart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /opencart/vqmod/xml/product_downloads.xml
id : add freely downloadble files to your products + batch upload files from a folder
version : 1.8.6
vqmver : 2.2.0
author : rmg
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <a href="#tab-related"><?php echo $tab_related; ?> (<?php echo count($products); ?>)</a>

I am using the 'Elantra' theme. Can you help me with this? Thank you,

Post by bull5-i » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Apparently the structure of your custom template differs from the default theme and you need to start tailoring the vqmod search & replace/insert patterns for the product.tpl file to deal with the structural peculiarities of your theme. As due to the very nature of a custom theme I cannot provide a universal solution. Almost every custom theme has a different way of displaying the tabs. Take a look at what changes were done to the default theme and then adjust the search & replace patterns to suit your theme. If you do not know how the vqmod script works, I kindly suggest you read about it from the vqmod wiki pages http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/
vQmod log files (vqmod/logs/*) are your friend in debugging. It will tell you where the script fails (meaning which vqmod search line it does not find in the template file), so you need to adjust that part of the script.

Should you find yourself in trouble with the changes I can offer paid installation & integration service. The quote for this service has been given on the extension settings page under the About tab information page.

Post by Pysiek » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:05 am

I purchased the product and changed the theme from default to custom one and now downloads won't show.

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by bull5-i » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Please read the previous post, this describes the custom theme integration if changing the path is not sufficient.

Post by Pysiek » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello
I have go through the whole forum topic and did not find the solution for custom theme . Is it possible that for small fee you can fix it for me?

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by bull5-i » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Yes, I can provide custom theme integration. The price has been quoted in the documentation.

Post by Pysiek » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 am

I do not want to be pain in the butt but I cannot find that info anywhere

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by bull5-i » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 am

Go to extension settings page. Under the About tab information pages.