Post by POS » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:55 pm

I use the product tags a little different than it's original intent, and have now been converting from 1.4.9 to 1.5.4.1

What I found is that some of my most important tag-searches do not find anything. (The search result is empty.)

I found the bug-thread ( http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p348880 ) - and there these says:
ADD Creative wrote:
sysiz wrote:
dklnd wrote:
lowercase tags can also not be searched, I downloaded the 1.5.4.1 version 2 days ago.
Having same issue. One tag with 12 lowercase characters does not works most tags works fine.
How many products does the tag appear on? If a tag is on more than 50% of the products it may be ignored due to the MySQL MATCH function.
So how can I avoid the products to be ignored even if 70% of my products match a certain tag? - or a better question may be: How can I make my products show in search result even if more than 50% of my products match the search criteria???

POS

Post by POS » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Hmm.. All my tags are in lower case. In my case it's not about lower or upper case, but due to some limits in how many % of the products that can be found for a certaing tag.

If more than X% of the products are included in the result, it seams to return no result - because of lack of relevance.

Is that true? ???

POS

Post by sebastophantos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi... having the same problem here -did you ever find a solution, a way to override the 50% limit?