Post by sb12759 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:06 am

I am using v1.5.3

Posting this again because I'm not getting any responses! Please, if someone could please help!

Don't know if this is a bug or what.
Just discovered today that when a customer places an order and they get the confirmation email sent to them, there is a link that says "to view your order, click on the link below" If you click on the link (and you're NOT signed in) it will ask you to sign in, then it will take you to the shopping cart page that says "You have successfully added the products from order ID #xxxx to your cart!" !!!
But if you are signed in already and then click on the link from the email, it will take you right to viewing your order. (which is right)
Why is this link taking you to the shopping cart page and adding the items that you just ordered to the cart again - when you are NOT already signed in? (It's like doing a re-order instead of viewing the order!)
I hope someone can help with this! This is a huge problem!

I did find the same topic from quite a while ago - http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=82035
But, I tried the suggested solution of replacing the &'s with /'s, BUT then what happens is that it works if you are NOT signed in, but then if you are already signed in you get "The order you requested could not be found!"!
So now I am back to square one!

I really hope someone can help with this! Thanks

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 am

I just tried it on 2 different stores I have there and it seemed to be alright?

What version of OC are you running?
Can you post what the URL looks like?
Have you got any extensions that may be interfering with the system? You can try disabling vqMod for starteds if you have it.

Thanks
Peter

For professional OpenCart, HTML/CSS & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support
Follow me on Twitter!
Catch me on Facebook!
Watch YouTube OpenCart Tutorials and Extension Demos

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by sb12759 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 am

v1.5.3
Have a few extensions. But I wouldn't think any would be interfering. How do I disable vqmod?
And is there anything tricky about doing that? Is it as easy as just turning it back on and there will be no harm?

Thanks!

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 am

Yeah, if you rename vqmod/xml/vqmod_opencart.xml to vqmod_opencart.xml.old

This will not remove any data, all it will do is disable all vqMod extensions. Once you rename it back to vqmod_opencart.xml it will work again as normal :)

Peter

Follow me on Twitter!
Catch me on Facebook!

Post by sb12759 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am

Tried disabling vqmod and that didn't make any difference!

So I've done some tests. Trying different links. Basically this is the breakdown:

yourdomain.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=5052
This one (above) is the default link that is on a confirmation email. It works great if the user is already signed in but if they are not, it asks them to sign in (which is normal) but then it looks like it does a reorder of the order they just placed and takes them to their shopping cart with the message "You have successfully added the products from order ID #xxxx to your cart!" !

yourdomain.com/index.php?route=account/order/info/order_id=5052
If you do this link (note the / instead of the & between info & order), If the user is not signed in, it asks them to sign in and then it takes them to the order history page (which is OK - would be better if it went to the actual order obviously) But if signed in already, the user gets a message that says "The order you requested could not be found!"!

For the hell of it I tried the following link:
yourdomain.com/index.php?route=account/order/
This link took me to the order history page whether signed in or not, which would be better than nothing but I tried (and I'm not a coder) to change the code to that but got all kinds of errors! I have now gone back to default.
So if somebody knew how and where to make it so that link showed up on the confirmation email, that might work!
I think it is actually just in the admin:model:sale:order.php page.
Sorry for the long post but I really need to get this working! Customers are making comments about this!

Thanks!

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 am

Okay, re-enable your mods just now. Could you PM me some FTP details and your website and I can have a look tomorrow. it's 2am in the UK lol!

Follow me on Twitter!
Catch me on Facebook!

Post by sb12759 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 am

pedro1993 - Sent you a message! Did you get it? Hoping to hear back!

Thanks.

Post by JohnOC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

In upload/catalog/controller/account/order.php find

Code: Select all

$this->session->data['redirect'] = $this->url->link('account/order', 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL');
replace with:

$this->session->data['redirect'] = $this->url->link('account/order/info', 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL');

Post by sb12759 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 am

Whoa! Thanks! There we go. That fixed it. So glad you posted that! Have been looking for an answer for weeks!
So was that just a bug that needed to be fixed in my particular version?

Thanks again!

Post by pedro1993 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 am

JohnOC wrote:In upload/catalog/controller/account/order.php find

$this->session->data['redirect'] = $this->url->link('account/order', 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL');
replace with:

$this->session->data['redirect'] = $this->url->link('account/order/info', 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL');
Nice one John, well done.

Follow me on Twitter!
Catch me on Facebook!