Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:19 am

Ok guys I know its been a while but here is the new version. I have decided to release it via the forum until I can confirm its stable enough.

There have been quite a lot of new things added. To be honest I can not remeber all the new features so I have added what I can remeber off the top of my head.

Google Base
Google Chat
Google Sitemap
Product quantities stock subtract.
Guest Checkout

A few new payment methods and a new shipping method USPS.

Bug Fix
There was a bug that let hackers that let a hacker run javascript fromt he site. Don't worry though if you are running 1.3.2 as it would not allow a hacker to compromise your site or effect anybody else.

The link is:

http://opencart.googlecode.com/files/op ... v1.3.3.zip

Developer Notes:

I have alter how the template system works and old templates will not work without being updated.
I have altered the template system so it no loner uses the layout.tpl. All templates now drill down from a main template and not up to a layout template.

I changed how templates work believe this is how templates should work and not drill up. Most projects use this method. It also allows some modules to be hard coded to appear on some pages and not others.

I have also changed the templates so you no longer have to copy the whole default directory to create a template. You can just add one page and if the controller finds a different template in the template directory you have selected it will use it otherwise it will use the default template.

Don't delete the default template directory!

Shipping and payment methods have changed to accommodate the guest checkout and google checkout when that is finished.

shipping methods now require $country_id, $zone_id and $postcode arguments when they are called.

Payment methods now require $country_id, $zone_id arguments when they are called.

Also the order table now holds country_id and zone_id fileds which are used to get country iso codes and state codes which are required for some payment and shipping methods.

Enjoy!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by mchrisokc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 am

I guess I am too much a noobie... I am not sure if upgrading will do this or that for me.. For example: I am not sure what these will do:
Google Base
Google Chat
Google Sitemap

I have no idea what they do or why they are important to add in. This is my first try at ecommerce so if there is somewhere I need to go to educated about this stuff then someone please tell me where I should go to get a clue.

Also I have no idea what drilling up or down means. I am terrified about changing when I just got everything working with a lot of work and customizing.

Thanks,
mchrisokc

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:50 am

Google Base is a way to export your products to the google shopping site used to be called froogle.
Google Chat well I'm not sure exactly what he's doing with this haven't played with it yet.
Google Sitemap is a way to tell google about all of your pages so that they all get indexed, so that when people search google all of your pages are searched.( of course it doesn't guarantee you will be anywhere near the top, but at least all your pages will be in there.)

quick question though. I see google base and chat though haven't had a chance to test or play with them, but is there an admin interface to google sitemap? or is it auto generated into a sitemap file somewhere, or is there a script you have to run from cli?

also I understand you are not done with the google checkout, but is that still planned to be in 1.3.3 final?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am

it will be in 1.3.4

to be honest i think some one will use what I have started and release one.

I decided not to use it because it does not work very well with countries outside the US.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:10 am

so where do we find what you started? cause google checkout is a must have with many customers here in the US.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Ok..
First, I will say thank you to Daniel, as it is clear he has done lots of work since 1.3.2 and continues to impress and amaze with his cart.

Now, my quick list of bugs and nitpicks after 20mins of playing. These are mostly IMO of course, but I think many will agree with most:
Good things:
1. Options Stock (tho you should have added option weight while you were there)
2. New CK editor.. Its nice. Not sure if its smaller than the old fck beast, but its certainly faster loading.
3. Guest Checkout is very nice
4. Google Talk works nice
5. USPS is a nice addition
6. Cart no longer loses product options if session logs out
7. Discount coupon on cart page
8. Template fallback (why didn't i think of that ;) ;D ;D )

Bugs:
1. encryption key should not be required. Instead just add the return of the original data as shown here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ion#p28747
Since encryption is put in a general area, it can be assumed to be used for more than just paypal order id encryption. Therefore should be enabled/disabled by leaving it empty and returning back the original data.
2. SEO sites say Meta descriptions should be approx 300chars, not 66. At least do 255
3. Products Purchased report shows some extra block at top in the foreground that overlaps the menu.
4. Discount Dates missing calendar popup

Criticisms:
1. Still missing min order qty
2. Adding Product options seem less "cool" now.. the smooth slide and color choices in earlier versions made it seem more modern
3. Admin Menu should be set with speed of 'fast' and delay of 600 to make it usable.
4. Category & Information should have Status option
5. Postcode still not required. Since most countries need it, the majority wins and should be required.
6. Guest checkout has shipping and payment right on the page. Why not normal accounts tho? Really you could make a single page for both, with regular accounts having the password fields.
7. USPS User ID should be made clear that its the "WebTools id" not the "Click n Ship id". My module seems to work without a password as well, probably not needed in yours.
8. Options have stock but should have added weight as well while you were there.

Nice-to-haves for the future:
1. Create an account option at the end of guest checkout on the success page. Could then completely remove the create an account option and speed up the checkout process.
2. Version number in admin footer (when logged in)
3. Change default currency in settings changes that currency to 1.00000 automatically and run the autoupdater to recalculate all the other currencies during that time as well.
4. Clone Product/Clone Category Functions on the list pages in admin
5. Improved Order email is a must have
6. Maintenance mode should be added to the core
7. Improved language library should be added to the core

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Qphoria wrote:Ok.. my quick list of bugs and nitpicks after 20mins of playing. These are mostly IMO of course, but I think many will agree with most:

Bugs:
1. encryption key should not be required. Instead just add the return of the original data as shown here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ion#p28747
Since encryption is put in a general area, it can be assumed to be used for more than just paypal order id encryption. Therefore should be enabled/disabled by leaving it empty and returning back the original data.
2. SEO sites say Meta descriptions should be approx 300chars, not 66. At least do 255
agreed and while we are on the subject of seo it would be nice if seo is turned on to autogenerate seo names striping invalid chars and replacing spaces with - or _ also contact us and sitemap at the least should be rewritten (personally I would rewrite everything including account stuff for human redability, but that may be a bit nitpicky)
3. Products Purchased report shows some extra block at top in the foreground that overlaps the menu.
4. Discount Dates mising calendar popup

Criticisms:
1. Still missing min order qty
yes this would be nice
2. Adding Product options seem less "cool" now.. the smooth slide and color choices in earlier versions made it seem more modern
3. Admin Menu should be set with speed of 'fast' and delay of 600 to make it usable.
completely agree
4. Category & Information should have Status option
completely agree
5. Postcode still not required. Since most countries need it, the majority wins and should be required.
actually it would be nice to have an admin section to turn on and of and required or not on the non required fields.
6. Guest checkout has shipping and payment right on the page. Why not normal accounts tho? Really you could make a single page for both, with regular accounts having the password fields.
Absolutely if you are able to put everything on one page do it for everyone this is a major gripe from clients. If it doesn't cause problems shorten up the checkout process in any way possible.
7. USPS User ID should be made clear that its the "WebTools id" not the "Click n Ship id". My module seems to work without a password as well, probably not needed in yours.
8. Options have stock but should have added weight as well while you were there.

Nice-to-haves for the future:
1. Create an account option at the end of guest checkout on the success page. Could then completely remove the create an account option and speed up the checkout process.
I could get behind this

Good things:
1. Options Stock (tho you should have added option weight while you were there)
2. New CK editor.. Its nice. Not sure if its smaller than the old fck beast, but its certainly faster loading.
3. Guest Checkout is very nice
4. Google Talk works nice
5. USPS is a nice addition
agreed on all the good things.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:40 pm

doh!

as for bugs I just looked at the emails I got. Not sure what's going on here, maybe a server setting? my email content looks like this.

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

VGhhbmsgeW91ciBmb3IgaW50ZXJlc3QgaW4gWW91ciBTdG9yZSBwcm9kdWN0cy4gWW91ciBvcmRl

ciBoYXMgYmVlbiByZWNlaXZlZCBhbmQgd2lsbCBiZSBwcm9jZXNzZWQgb25jZSBwYXltZW50IGhh

cyBiZWVuIGNvbmZpcm1lZC4KCk9yZGVyIElEOiAxCkRhdGUgT3JkZXJlZDogMzEvMTAvMjAwOQpP

cmRlciBTdGF0dXM6IFBlbmRpbmcKClByb2R1Y3RzOgoxeCBBcHBsZSBDaW5lbWEgMzAmcXVvdDsg

KFByb2R1Y3QgMTUpICQ4Mi4yNAoxeCBpUGhvbmUgKHByb2R1Y3QgMTEpICQxNjQuNDcKClRvdGFs

czoKU3ViLVRvdGFsOiAkMjQ2LjcxCkZsYXQgU2hpcHBpbmcgUmF0ZTogJDguMjIKRkwgVGF4OiAk

MTEuNTEKVG90YWw6ICQyNjYuNDQKClRvIHZpZXcgeW91ciBvcmRlciBjbGljayBvbiB0aGUgbGlu

ayBiZWxvdzoKaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kaXZhcGV0c3RvcmUuY29tL2luZGV4LnBocD9yb3V0ZT1hY2Nv

dW50L2ludm9pY2Umb3JkZXJfaWQ9MQoKUGxlYXNlIHJlcGx5IHRvIHRoaXMgZW1haWwgaWYgeW91

IGhhdmUgYW55IHF1ZXN0aW9ucy4=

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by johnhao » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 pm

why i got the infomation :

ALTER TABLE `order` ADD `shipping_zone_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `shipping_zone` ALTER TABLE `order` ADD `shipping_country_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `shipping_country` ALTER TABLE `order` ADD `payment_zone_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `payment_zone` ALTER TABLE `order` ADD `payment_country_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `payment_country` ALTER TABLE `order_option` ADD `product_option_value_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `order_product_id` ALTER TABLE `product` ADD `sku` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL AFTER `model` ALTER TABLE `product` ADD `location` VARCHAR( 128 ) NOT NULL AFTER `sku` ALTER TABLE `product` CHANGE `image` `image` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL ;

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE `order` ADD `shipping_country_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AFTER `shipping' at line 4

Post by adam777 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Xsecrets wrote: agreed and while we are on the subject of seo it would be nice if seo is turned on to autogenerate seo names striping invalid chars and replacing spaces with - or _ also contact us and sitemap at the least should be rewritten (personally I would rewrite everything including account stuff for human redability, but that may be a bit nitpicky)
Hi Xsecrets. This is the equivalent of the "SEO Slugs" plugin for Word Press, and hardly anyone uses it anymore. Actually at the Google Webmaster Help Forum, I asked the same question and they suggested against stripping the slugs out of your URLs.

Post by Franz-Peter » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:42 pm

Dear Daniel,

Thank You for making OpenCart 1.3.3 available!!!

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 pm

adam777 wrote:
Xsecrets wrote: agreed and while we are on the subject of seo it would be nice if seo is turned on to autogenerate seo names striping invalid chars and replacing spaces with - or _ also contact us and sitemap at the least should be rewritten (personally I would rewrite everything including account stuff for human redability, but that may be a bit nitpicky)
Hi Xsecrets. This is the equivalent of the "SEO Slugs" plugin for Word Press, and hardly anyone uses it anymore. Actually at the Google Webmaster Help Forum, I asked the same question and they suggested against stripping the slugs out of your URLs.
Somebody just released a mod for this on 1.3.2.... I assume it wouldn't be hard to port to 1.3.3
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ilit=alias

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 pm

Xsecrets wrote:doh!

as for bugs I just looked at the emails I got. Not sure what's going on here, maybe a server setting? my email content looks like this.

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

VGhhbmsgeW91ciBmb3IgaW50ZXJlc3QgaW4gWW91ciBTdG9yZSBwcm9kdWN0cy4gWW91ciBvcmRl

ciBoYXMgYmVlbiByZWNlaXZlZCBhbmQgd2lsbCBiZSBwcm9jZXNzZWQgb25jZSBwYXltZW50IGhh

cyBiZWVuIGNvbmZpcm1lZC4KCk9yZGVyIElEOiAxCkRhdGUgT3JkZXJlZDogMzEvMTAvMjAwOQpP

cmRlciBTdGF0dXM6IFBlbmRpbmcKClByb2R1Y3RzOgoxeCBBcHBsZSBDaW5lbWEgMzAmcXVvdDsg

KFByb2R1Y3QgMTUpICQ4Mi4yNAoxeCBpUGhvbmUgKHByb2R1Y3QgMTEpICQxNjQuNDcKClRvdGFs

czoKU3ViLVRvdGFsOiAkMjQ2LjcxCkZsYXQgU2hpcHBpbmcgUmF0ZTogJDguMjIKRkwgVGF4OiAk

MTEuNTEKVG90YWw6ICQyNjYuNDQKClRvIHZpZXcgeW91ciBvcmRlciBjbGljayBvbiB0aGUgbGlu

ayBiZWxvdzoKaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kaXZhcGV0c3RvcmUuY29tL2luZGV4LnBocD9yb3V0ZT1hY2Nv

dW50L2ludm9pY2Umb3JkZXJfaWQ9MQoKUGxlYXNlIHJlcGx5IHRvIHRoaXMgZW1haWwgaWYgeW91

IGhhdmUgYW55IHF1ZXN0aW9ucy4=

What mail client are you using?

and what os is your server? windows, mac, linux

please post a link to your site.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:25 pm

server is a linux server running apache and php 5.2.11 my mail client is thunderbird on windows7.
The site is http://www.divapetstore.com a store that I will be building in the not to distant future and I'm concidering making it my first live site using opencart. I am using the standard mail setting in opencart haven't changed anything.
Qphoria wrote: Somebody just released a mod for this on 1.3.2.... I assume it wouldn't be hard to port to 1.3.3
I'll have a look at that. I haven't really looked at plugins/modules yet. only had a little bit to play around and test stuff last night.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:58 pm

ok after a bit more testing it is the mail client that is not displaying things correctly, but I'm not sure why it displays html email from everywhere else I've ever tried, but every message from the store comes through incorrectly, but they work when I send them to a yahoo account I have using the yahoo webmail. I'll do some more research into this to see If I can figure out what it is that thunderbird doesn't like.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:12 am

I am not quite sure I understand the underlying reasons for your template change.
I noticed that on all your top-level templates, e.g.

product/category.tpl, product/product.tpl, etc. your repeat the same common DIVs, such as

Code: Select all

<?php echo $header; ?><?php echo $column_left; ?><?php echo $column_right; ?>
<div id="content">
</div>
<?php echo $footer; ?> 

If I were to change this layout structure to something else, yet still wanted to use all the sub-templates for e.g. the boxes etc., I'd now end up editing multiple *.tpl file instead of just one common layout.tpl as it used to be the case. I quite often change the main layout.tpl to make it better integrate into existing websites, it's not always doable by merely changing stylesheets. See for example this Opencart store with a different 2-column layout. I would no longer be able to do such a thing in this latest Opencart 1.3.3 unless I changed all the top-level *.tpl files.

I think ChromiumCart really has a better approach with the templating system, if a user's web theme doesn't have the expected template file, it falls back to to original template from the default theme.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:22 am

To xsecrets:
We have noticed this problem since Opencart 1.2.8 and I think it mainly affects users of Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients. I don't see this problem in KMail nor in Evolution mail clients. Might be worth a try to remove the base64 encoding if possible.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:26 am

don't expect microsoft outlook 2003 to work. Its well know it does not use standard email protocol.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Leon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:35 am

Weird.
I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 over 2007 because i prefer it, and i have never had any problems with opencart emails.

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:36 am

The problem I am seeing is not with the client. It has to do with the incoming email server. Though I haven't tracked down the exact issue yet. The account where it doesn't work is on a pretty standard cpanel server and receives emails just fine from every other system I've ever tried. I haven't had time to dig deeply into it yet.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US