Post by ysteban » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am

Hi,

I just installed the free import/export tool so I can upload products to my store using excel/xls file.
I am using Opencart Version 1.5.3.1

The installation seems good. there is a new menu item in opencart front end:
Menu System, submenu Export/Import

I click on Export/Import and get the screen which allows to push button to export or import
the file.

I have two products in my store and many categories. I want to export the products and see what the
format is for the XLS file. After this is known, then I can create my xls file with all the products I want to import.

The problem: when i export, the only data in the file is for categories, i see no product information
in it. The products are enabled and visible from the store front.

if anyone has this working, i would greatly appreciate your help.
I wrote to the author of this tool, but no response.

I would like to know what happens with duplicate information in this file on import, with either categories or products, does it merge identical stuff or create another entry?

thank you in advance for your help
Betsy

Post by dirtboy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 am

The problem: when i export, the only data in the file is for categories, i see no product information
in it. The products are enabled and visible from the store front.
the export has several pages in the workbook. categories is page 1, products is page 2. check the bottom left of the workbook, there should be multiple tabs. if not contact the author because it has a bug.
I would like to know what happens with duplicate information in this file on import, with either categories or products, does it merge identical stuff or create another entry?
have not tested what it does but i believe it will add the same product multiple times

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 am

All products and categories are first deleted before the Import is executed.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:41 pm

johnblack5410 wrote:There is new edition for Opencart Version ;)
Please clarify, or are you the same spammer under a new account name?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by infinyte00 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 am

Hello there,

After setting up this particular module in the administrative end of my cart (version 1.5.3.1), I am able to export my list of products along with its corresponding categories, attributes, and options. However, I receive a "500 http" error when I attempt to upload the same but updated XLS file. What could be the reason(s) for this? I am working on a test/development environment (opencarttest): do I need to be in a LIVE environment for the "import" side of this module to work?

Please help.

Thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:28 am

Your server's error_log will have more details about the nature of your Internal Server Error 500.

Guru Member

Post by infinyte00 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 am

Thanks, JNeuhoff!

I receive this error now when I try to import an updated XLS spreadsheet onto the admin side of my Open Cart:

"Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in D:\Sites\OpenCartTest\admin\model\tool\export.php on line 430"

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Looks like your PHP installation does not have the mbstring extension installed. See http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

Ask your webhost do it for you.

Guru Member

Post by meggabecca » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 am

I am using opencart version 1.5.3.1 I use to be able to import my file, but for some reason I can not any more, so half my products are not missing, because I had to reinstall opencart, from server back ups, but for some reason it does not seem to update my products, reason for re-install syntax errors, which is now sorted, but just need to do this last leg of install, but like I said for some reason when I try to import all I get now is a blank white screen, can anyone help me with this please. Thanks in advance

Post by meggabecca » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Also for the 1.5.4 version as I also have this version installed, when I looked at the VQmod file, it says for version 1.5.3 even though its in the download file for version 1.5.4 and for love or money can not get either version to work

Look forward to response thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 am

meggabecca wrote:I am using opencart version 1.5.3.1 I use to be able to import my file, but for some reason I can not any more, so half my products are not missing, because I had to reinstall opencart, from server back ups, but for some reason it does not seem to update my products, reason for re-install syntax errors, which is now sorted, but just need to do this last leg of install, but like I said for some reason when I try to import all I get now is a blank white screen, can anyone help me with this please. Thanks in advance
Do the obvious, check all the logs, e.g. server's error_log (ask your webhost for this), OpenCart's system/error.txt, also check vqmod/vqmod.log.

I's most likely a timeout issue, or a memory_limit issue!

Guru Member

Post by meggabecca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Sorry but I think its more than just memory mine was fine, till I downloaded the new version, I have added no additional products, all I get now is blank white screen no error messages, it was great when working, appreciate its free, and you put a lot of work into it, but I have noticed with opencarts new version, even though download the new files for the 1.5.4 version most of the modules dont work anymore, although I have a website still on 1.5.3 version, all modules do work, apart from yours, it was working like I said till I download it again, and now nothing. Like I said my website crashed, but my products are still the same as before, it says there are syntax errors in the database, which seems strange, because I know I am repeating myself, but it was working fine before, and apart from re-downloading it nothing else has changed

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Your descriptions are so vague, I am simply not able to reproduce your error.

How about doing a clean install, and only adding VQmod and the Export/Import tool, and then letting us know whether it works or not?

Guru Member

Post by meggabecca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi

I already done clean install, and now cant log into my control panel, so now had to do another install, into my .com website, and now this is the error I have

2012-10-14 14:57:06 - PHP Notice: Error: Could not load language tool/export! in /home/meggabec/public_html/chanicebridal.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_language.php on line 41
2012-10-14 14:58:55 - PHP Notice: Error: Could not load language tool/export! in /home/meggabec/public_html/chanicebridal.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_language.php on line 41
2012-10-14 14:58:58 - PHP Notice: Error: Could not load language tool/export! in /home/meggabec/public_html/chanicebridal.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_language.php on line 41
2012-10-14 15:00:42 - PHP Notice: Error: Could not load language tool/export! in /home/meggabec/public_html/chanicebridal.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_language.php on line 41

Post by meggabecca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:06 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:Your descriptions are so vague, I am simply not able to reproduce your error.

How about doing a clean install, and only adding VQmod and the Export/Import tool, and then letting us know whether it works or not?
Oh and by the way, I install both admin and system files, via filezilla, then the vqmod via vqmod manager

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 am

Well, the error message clearly says it all:

You haven't installed the admin/language/english/tool/export.php at all, or not in the right place.

Guru Member

Post by meggabecca » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:Well, the error message clearly says it all:

You haven't installed the admin/language/english/tool/export.php at all, or not in the right place.
For your info I installed everything how your notes told me too.... so please don't speak to me like I am stupid, I appreciate that you put time and effort into this, and also responding to everyone, I uploaded everything to my website, all the folders, just dragged and dropped, admin and system, I just dragged those folders, did not open them or anything, but it now seems to be working, apart from although I downloaded this spreadsheet from my other website, with this tool, when I try to upload it to my new site, it says the format is wrong, I am getting this message Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats! and thanks for your time and response. Any ideas, I have looked at spreadsheet cant see anything wrong, but prob is.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:24 am

meggabecca wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:Well, the error message clearly says it all:

For your info I installed everything how your notes told me too.... so please don't speak to me like I am stupid, I appreciate that you put time and effort into this, and also responding to everyone, I uploaded everything to my website, all the folders, just dragged and dropped, admin and system, I just dragged those folders, did not open them or anything, but it now seems to be working, apart from although I downloaded this spreadsheet from my other website, with this tool, when I try to upload it to my new site, it says the format is wrong, I am getting this message Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats! and thanks for your time and response. Any ideas, I have looked at spreadsheet cant see anything wrong, but prob is.
Do an Export first, and then use the resulting spreadsheet worksheets to overwrite them with your own entries, keeping the format. The spreadhsheet formats are slightly different between differentOpenCart versions.

Guru Member

Post by meggabecca » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:35 am

ok thanks very much for that will give it a try, and see if it works, thanks for all your help

Post by SXGuy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 pm

just to add, i had your problem once also.

The reason for the issue, was when i edited the export file in excel, it changed the rows to a different format, i had to manually change them all back to the correct format (i.e text, number etc) and uploaded it, worked fine after that.

Export a file first, then click on the rows to see what the format is, then when you add new rows, make sure they are the same format, if not, change them.