Post by rgwil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 am

Hello,

First time poster, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything that pertains to my issue, I apologize if I missed it.

Here's my issue: Last week I added three new products to my site, the first one went off without a hitch but the other two are having some weird problems. When I access the page from the direct SEO link, I can't add the product to my cart! If I go to my main page and navigate to the product, everything works as expected and I can add the item to the cart without issue.

Furthermore, I went and copied a the good product that was working properly, changed the product code and SEO keyword, and the new copy isn't working either. Makes me think the issue doesn't reside in the product as the products are 100% identical except for the SEO and the product code.

Anyone have this issue before? Know how to resolve it?

Currently on Opencart v1.5.1. We're going to upgrade but need the store traffic to calm down first, about 2 weeks out.

Thanks for any help!
Ryan

Post by rph » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Make sure your keyword link is well formed and doesn't have any illegal characters (as a general rule keep it to lowercase letters a-z, numbers 0-9, dash, and underscore).

If you have Firefox you can use the free Firebug extension to look for any on-page errors that are being generated. Right-click the 'Add to Cart' button, select 'Inspect Element with Firebug', go back to the page and click the Add to Cart button, then check in Firebug under the 'Console' tab for any errors that were generated.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Discwog » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 am

Try editing your .htaccess file with to look like this:

Code: Select all

Options +FollowSymlinks

# Prevent Direct Access to files
    <FilesMatch "\.(tpl|ini|log)">
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all