Post by viet154tx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Anyone help me out please??? Is Paypal Direct Checkout secure? I setup my Paypal Direct Checkout for payment method. When customer choose paypal direct checkout, customer fill out credit card information in my website. I'm not sure it's secure for customer's credit card information or not. Anyone uses "Paypal Direct Checkout" for your website? Thank YOU

Post by gilbe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 pm

I use this for most of my clients and has worked like a charm.

As for the security, it is secure but you will also have to install an SSL certificate on your site to encrypt the payment information from the Users computer to your server. Else, the values would be sent in plain text and anyone could potentially read them.

Craig

Post by aniketvsawant » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi,

I'm also trying to do the payments through paypal gateway. Can you please mentioned the steps in details to do the steps which you had mentioned.

Thanks in Advanced.

Post by gilbe » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:12 am

Sorry for the delayed response... havent been on this forum for a while.

buying and configuring the SSL isnt to bad. I got mine from GoDaddy however, there are many more places to buy them from. They take you through how to configure it after you have purchased it and your host will usually install it for you.

As for paypal, now that's another story altogether, not hard once you know what you are looking for. You have to set up a PaypalPaymentsPro account (in the UK) and its been a while since i did it however, you then get a set of user details and a unique seller number or something. You put all these details into Open cart and the system should work.

Sorry to be vague but, as i said its been a while since I set my last client up with it. if you get stuck let me know and I can have a look for you.

Post by gilbe » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 am

Ok, I have ran into a problem with the Paypal UK setup.. im using the latest version of OC but after inputting the Paypal UK details it states that the transaction is declined without explanation as to why. Ive tried a few different cards and different addresses however, the same problem every time. Is there something im missing? or is this just an annoying Paypal issue?

Post by Daniel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 am

you are not soposed to try your own card.

use the samdbox account.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by gilbe » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 am

Daniel wrote:you are not soposed to try your own card.

use the samdbox account.
True.. but if it dosnt work on my live card with live data surly it wont matter if the sandbox works or not... Plus Sandbox is only really useful when you are developing a system.. not when you are using one that that has already been tested and proven... That said I've just tried my sandbox account and cannot get it to work either... one error was the module was configured incorrectly and the other said the card number wasn't valid...i used the test card numbers in both... using live data it would either state it was declined .. or that the address was not valid.

Post by Daniel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:08 am

gilbe wrote:
Daniel wrote:you are not soposed to try your own card.

use the samdbox account.
True.. but if it dosnt work on my live card with live data surly it wont matter if the sandbox works or not... Plus Sandbox is only really useful when you are developing a system.. not when you are using one that that has already been tested and proven... That said I've just tried my sandbox account and cannot get it to work either... one error was the module was configured incorrectly and the other said the card number wasn't valid...i used the test card numbers in both... using live data it would either state it was declined .. or that the address was not valid.

your card will get blocked by your bank!

sandbox is for testing not just for developing!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by jojo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 pm

It's all very well using sandbox testing but that is not solving the issue! Not only is Paypal Direct UK not working when we use our own cards (your theory about the bank blocking our cards is not true) but also when our customers try and make a purchase in the live environment their transactions are being declined.

It the problem with Paypal or OC???????????

Location - Brisol - UK

Post by gilbe » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 am

I've had a look at the code, but I can't see much wrong with it.

I know paypals API is very tricky to get your head around... Bit i can't see what's wrong with this one.. Any one have any ideas ?

Post by gilbe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Apart from paypal normal.. has anyone used any of the other CC Gateways and had positive results?

Post by gilbe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 am

Any chance you can have a look at this in your next release Daniel? I'm racking my brains here but cant find the issue.