Post by chapstick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:35 pm

I have a couple of issues I see when testing a PayPal checkout.

When I first installed OpenCart, I used my real email address. I have since changed it to another valid email address in OpenCart via Admin - Config - Setting - Shop

I have a dummy user account setup in OC and go through checkout and pay via PayPal. When I log into PayPal using my real PayPal email (not a sandbox account), I get an error to the effect that I"m trying to login to PayPal using the seller's email. Even though in OC the admin email is NOT my PayPal email, I'm guessing there must be another place where the seller's email is stored and I'm not able to find it. Can anyone please help me with tracking down where the seller email is stored? Am I incorrect to assume admin email and seller email are the same thing?

Next question. To get around the inability to login to my PayPal account, I used the credit card option. I get all the way through to the payment screen and see the note to the effect "this charge will appear on your credit card as a charge from XYZ". How can I change the "XYZ" part? It looks like it's taking part of my real email - what I would have used when I installed OC. I need to change that as that is not how I want charges to appear for my customers.

I have spent a few hours trying to find the seller email info, but am at a loss, so I'm hoping some kind soul here can help.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:12 pm

edit the payment mod. How could you have even enabled paypal without configuring it? Extension->payment->Paypal

Administrator

Post by chapstick » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks.

This doesn't change the PayPal message of "This charge will appear as a charge from XYZ". Is there a way to change the "XYZ" ?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 am

where do you see this at?

Administrator

Post by gixmi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:49 am

thanks, i follow your instruction, it was really helpful. is there any moneybookers option?

registry cleaner
affiliate training online

Post by chapstick » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:50 am

@Qphoria

I see this when I use a credit card payment through PayPal. I didn't log in to my PayPal account, but rather used a credit card to pay.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:44 am

thats a paypal thing. If someone pays you then it will show up as your paypal's business name or paypal email. This is a paypal feature so that your customers know why there is a charge on their credit card statement.

Administrator