Post by emkal » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 am

What have you used for your sef links? They are very nice :))

Post by rob_pal » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 am

Thanks Nyoman,
Emkal : I haven't used anything special, just turned seo Iinks on, and used a couple of lines of code to rewrite the login/account links, if I remember correctly.

Location - Leeds

Post by LeahStorm2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 am

vista print is an unethical company. 5 of the 6 corporate offices are NOT in the US. They make over 1 million bucks a week from american buyers. 100% of that money LEAVES OUR COUNTRY. No one should ever buy from vista print for that reason alone.

Not to mention the bad reviews, of cards taking 3+ weeks, having cards like everyone else, because their templates are so overused, constant solicitation after you buy from them. They sell your info to many many lists, so you get bombarded with email and paper mail forever. And I suspect that their prices are low because of their labor practices. I will NEVER contribute to child labor.

Use a local printer in your town, help the economy where you live. Just because something SEEMS cheaper, doesn't mean it is. The printshop owner in your town needs to eat too, maybe at your restaurant. think about it.

Post by LeahStorm2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:55 am

Leeds shop is VERY nice!
Last edited by LeahStorm2 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by philbydevil » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Nice site. I like the fonts.

I usually go for a fairly narrow right/left column, but I'm liking your wide column.

Is your cart in the menu bar/header supposed to look like this:
Picture 26.png

Picture 26.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 19319 times

Might look better with the cart the same colour as the menu, and then surrounded by white...

I'm using Safari 5.0.6 on a Mac.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by dinci » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 am

I was thinking about this site also, good job, but i would suggest to ad some templates for business cards

regards
Dino

www.e-shop4you.com

Post by gerrymax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 am

Hello,

This is a real nice Website !

My question is, have you ever though of letting clients add text on predefined Cards ? If they could see the result live before buying ?

This is somenthinh I would need .... an online custom cards.

Thanks if someone can help me

OpenCart version : 1.5.4.1
Template - Theme used : fashionstreet

Post by rob_pal » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Now you can win 500 premium business cards in the UK
http://www.facebook.com/PrintShopLeeds

Location - Leeds

Post by vipster247 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Sorry can not believe that I missed this one. Will keep an eye on your Facebook more me thinks.

Post by butte » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Proofread as you go. For example, fix "If you ARE fortunate enough" under the well executed lorry.

Guru Member

Post by rob_pal » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:20 am

Good call butte, is fixed now, thanks

Location - Leeds

Post by neopixel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 am

Nice site.

I'm trying to figure out how to do option dropdowns like yours but I'm stuck.

I don't suppose you could post a couple of screen grabs?? I'd really appreciate it 8)

Post by butte » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:46 am

neopixel, if you can see it, then you can screen-capture it yourself with your own keyboard, and he is not in a position to give you the innards of a commercial theme. The short answer is, "It's all in the wrist," you type changes into your .css where you see things having to do with menus and links, and you'll probably want to start with an on-line html tutorial, there are several, you do not actually want to plagiarize the commercial theme.

Guru Member

Post by rob_pal » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 am

Neopixel - You want to see screenshots of the admin?
Butte - you would be amazed how many people trying to copy the site

Location - Leeds

Post by butte » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:11 am

Well, rob_pal, there are at least three ways to fly that, you could arrange to be a theme reseller for hopefully enough to offset eventual on-line competition from lookalikes reaching as far globally as you do, or you could offset diminution of your own distinction in that same realm by not catering to lookalikes that lack imagination and didn't research possibilities or pay for one as you did, or you could do neither and take a share of whatever the overall global traffic that might have been winds up being. Most of the few who are technically savvy enough not to need to ask any questions won't copy it anyway, certainly not without significantly changing it so as to be, lo, distinctive enough to keep customers unconfused enough not to wander elsewhere that looks alike the change.

Guru Member

Post by rob_pal » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 am

It cost me no money as such, other than my time , as I built it myself. I will not turn it into a commercial theme as would not have the time for support, the theme is written from scratch, on skeleton, so no other plugin will be compatible with it out from the box, and this probably would just generate millions of support requests, and endless hours of fixing things for people. A couple of people were interested in buying the theme, but nobody was prepared to pay the price for it, which I think was quite reasonable. But anyway, I'll give and have given directions to people who been asking me how to do something similar.

Location - Leeds

Post by butte » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:14 am

Yeah, printing may have the fewer loose feathers, huh? You're a good man.

Guru Member

Post by dedoboss » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi rob_pal!
Very nice website ;-)
I sent you a private message because I would like to do something similar to your "select" option style. Could you explain how you did to make it working on that way?
Thank you veeeeery much

Post by rob_pal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Sorry dedoboss, I just been to busy to answer your question. I think you question was how to make, like the quantity dropdown to show the full price not just +1, +5 or whatever +100 ... is actually preaty simple:

you just need a small change where the options are generated, catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\category.tpl, catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\product.tpl
there is something like

Code: Select all

<select name="option[<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>]">
   <option value=""><?php echo $text_select; ?></option>
   <?php foreach ($option['option_value'] as $option_value) { ?>
      <option value="<?php echo $option_value['product_option_value_id']; ?>"><?php echo $option_value['name']; ?>
      <?php if ($option_value['price']) { ?>
         (<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?>)
      <?php } ?>
      </option>
   <?php } ?>
</select>
just change

(<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?>)
to

echo (substr($product['price'], 2) + $option_value['price'] );
basically you just add the value of the option to the price of the product.
you might want to add the currency code before the full price, but I`m sure you can work that out how to do it.
Cheers,

Location - Leeds

Post by dedoboss » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi rob_pal,
thank you very much for your reply!

I tried... but it is not working...

this is the code I've found in product.tpl:

<?php if ($options) { ?>
      <div class="options">
        <h2><?php echo $text_option; ?></h2>

<?php foreach ($options as $option) { ?>
        <?php if ($option['type'] == 'select') { ?>
        <div id="option-<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>" class="option">

<b><?php if ($option['required']) { ?>
          <span class="required">*</span>
          <?php } ?><?php echo $option['name']; ?>:</b>
          <select name="option[<?php echo $option['product_option_id']; ?>]">
   <option value=""><?php echo $text_select; ?></option>
   <?php foreach ($option['option_value'] as $option_value) { ?>
   <option value="<?php echo $option_value['product_option_value_id']; ?>"><?php echo $option_value['name']; ?>
   <?php if ($option_value['price']) { ?>

(<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?><span id="newPrice"><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?></span>)

<?php } ?>
   </option>
   <?php } ?>
   </select>
        </div>
Do you have suggestions?

thank you very very much
dedoboss